Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is good news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
How many homegrown players do they still need?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Hoops posted:

How many homegrown players do they still need?

They need five more to register a full squad iirc

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What ever happened to Toure leaving? I would have thought Delph would have gotten decent time with him gone considering their Brazilians are trash.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Yaya found out he'd end up in Turkey.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Schweinsteiger will be United's best midfielder but that's only because all their midfielders are either poo poo garbagemen or so old that they can no longer move.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
So you're saying he's poo poo otherwise? Because I think he's v good

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Davide Astori to Napoli is a done deal, €6m fee. This is good, it means he won't end up at Juve on transfer deadline day.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

United are gonna mount a league title challenge with only midfielders who can't move, and it's gonna be a good one. A tactical revolution in our midst and we can't see it.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
it's going to be the opposite of his ajax team

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
City are gonna mount a title challenge with Delph

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

euroboy posted:

They need five more to register a full squad iirc

Hart is the only real player who takes an academy place right? That means 3 of those places will go to reserves or just be empty.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Strawman posted:

Hart is the only real player who takes an academy place right? That means 3 of those places will go to reserves or just be empty.

Clichy, too. So basically they desperately need 3-4 more homegrown players.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 11, 2015

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I am very much liking United's transfer window so far.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

I am very much liking United's transfer window so far.

Matteo Darmian is confirmed now. :toot:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PirateBob posted:

i dont know who that is

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Mean Bean Machine posted:

i dont know who that is

He was in the Bourne Identity.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Who the gently caress is Tomi Jurić

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Delph staying at Villa is a smart move and I'm impressed he made the right call there. Also this definitely helps Liverpool's price demands for Sterling.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

PirateBob posted:

Another twink, definitely what United need at the back.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pat Mustard posted:

He was in the Bourne Identity.

i googled him and he used to play at torino i can pretty much guarantee no united fan has ever watched him play so i dont know why theyre celebrating.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Delph is the only loyal player in world football and, hell i'm glad we have him. what a legend.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

i googled him and he used to play at torino i can pretty much guarantee no united fan has ever watched him play so i dont know why theyre celebrating.

Actually torino are one of macintoshs best teams and he's been hyped about this deal for months

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

He poo poo all over England during the world cup I think more so than other players

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants to get his squad fully fit before he considers "quality" additions.

I love Wengy

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

We're signing players in positions we need, whether they're actually any good is of secondary concern.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Machinegunboyo posted:

Actually torino are one of macintoshs best teams and he's been hyped about this deal for months

Actually, I'd been hoping United would buy Glik from Torino, alas, that was not to be, because LVG is an insanely fail retard and a turd.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
No picture yet but the Real Madrid twitter says Casillas has signed for Porto

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
There are always reports of little-known players getting a medical at Arsenal but actually it's just normal people visiting the Abou Diaby Memorial Medical Center's ER room

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Jose posted:

No picture yet but the Real Madrid twitter says Casillas has signed for Porto

I hope he does well. I will forever love Iker, even if he's poo poo and fail these days.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He's not going to sign anyone else unless someone gets pushed out of one of the big Spanish clubs.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

blue footed boobie posted:

He's not going to sign anyone else unless someone gets pushed out of one of the big Spanish clubs.

He's going to continue talking about injured players and how Giles Umbongo-Stephens is ready to make the step up and then spend £40m on a shiny attacking midfielder

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blue Star Error posted:

He's going to continue talking about injured players and how Giles Umbongo-Stephens is ready to make the step up and then spend £40m on a shiny attacking midfielder

Yeah, this.

E: and it's Ansley Maitland-Niles ffs!!!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
So who will United buy to replace De Gea then?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

£16m, 46 year-old, Gigi Buffon.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

trem_two posted:

I assumed Valdes would take over in the interim. He's still got a season in him imo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did Lindegaard gently caress off or something? A couple seasons back weren't they competing for first choice?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

He's very good, versatile, offers plenty going forward and in defense. Good signing, a steal at that price. One of the only few Italy internationals who has yet to put in a completely embarrassing shift in a blue shirt.

Good enough for me.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I'm not too concerned if Arsene doesn't sign anyone provided Ozil/Walcott/Cazorla/Wilshere don't head off somewhere. Hoping that Zelalem lives up to the hype and gets a start this season.

Would love it if we signed Lacazette or Pedro though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

BBC really dropped the ball

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33486125

• Locked thread