Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Croccers posted:

But what does Enrique do when he wants his coffee hit?

Give him the leftovers from your enema obviously :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gas

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That does come after coffee many times, yes.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

stringball posted:

Give him the leftovers from your enema obviously :banjo:

))>><<((

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
But back to dumb moves in marketing... I like how the beef industry has tricked stupid Americans into eating rare or medium rare steaks so they can't detect the declining quality of the beef that only comes out when cooked well done.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
...but well done steak takes out all of the flavor of the meat. At that point all you're eating is spices and sauces.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Steak chat will be worse than coffee chat noooooooooooo

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Danger Mahoney posted:

But back to dumb moves in marketing... I like how the beef industry has tricked stupid Americans into eating rare or medium rare steaks so they can't detect the declining quality of the beef that only comes out when cooked well done.

Nothing American about that, steak snobs in Europe will laugh in your face if you order your steak well done.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Food and drink related posts cause derails in every topic :v: We all eat and drink and have highly subjective opinions about what it is we eat and drink and this leads to pages full of catchphrases.

Danger Mahoney posted:

There was a restaurant in Amsterdam that secretly sold horse steaks as cow steaks, and everyone commented on how good the steaks were.

Until there was a scandal where a large meat processing company got caught doing the same thing. No-one ever noticed it from the flavour.

It was at that time the restaurant decided to come clean about what it was they were serving, and now they're doing better than ever. I think because it's simply a tastier kind of meat, but the idea of eating a horse more offensive is offensive to some than eating cow.

I don't like and therefore don't eat either so I wouldn't know :can:

Another food-related "scam" is where supermarkets sell these apples that look lovely but have disappointing taste and texture. The uglier looking apples tend to taste nicer. But when they're on display in the supermarket there's no way to really tell the flavour. Try one that isn't perfectly spherical and of a solid colour. Just don't eat the ones that are soft, wet and hairy with mould.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XYZ posted:

Steak chat will be worse than coffee chat noooooooooooo

:getin:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Steak is suppose to be cooked medium rare. Have some drat pink in the middle. Stop chewing on a drat hockey puck.

:ughh:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Stick Insect posted:

Food and drink related posts cause derails in every topic :v: We all eat and drink and have highly subjective opinions about what it is we eat and drink and this leads to pages full of catchphrases.

There was a restaurant in Amsterdam that secretly sold horse steaks as cow steaks, and everyone commented on how good the steaks were.

Until there was a scandal where a large meat processing company got caught doing the same thing. No-one ever noticed it from the flavour.

It was at that time the restaurant decided to come clean about what it was they were serving, and now they're doing better than ever. I think because it's simply a tastier kind of meat, but the idea of eating a horse more offensive is offensive to some than eating cow.

I don't like and therefore don't eat either so I wouldn't know :can:

Another food-related "scam" is where supermarkets sell these apples that look lovely but have disappointing taste and texture. The uglier looking apples tend to taste nicer. But when they're on display in the supermarket there's no way to really tell the flavour. Try one that isn't perfectly spherical and of a solid colour. Just don't eat the ones that are soft, wet and hairy with mould.

THe way I always heard it was that a horse was more taboo because it was a work animal. Cows have always been for meat and milk but if you had to eat your horse you had fallen on such a hard time there was no recovery from it, like a last resort.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I usually have Enrique kill a cow with its bare hands and drag it home for me to eat whole.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I usually have Enrique kill a cow with its bare hands and drag it home for me to eat whole.

With it's bare hands? Racist. :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

XYZ posted:

With it's bare hands? Racist. :v:

Don't be ridiculous, it has nothing to do with race. It's the poor who aren't human.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sebastian Vettel posted:

To be fair, in the UK we call it a cafetière so I assume the French press name came from that.

In the UK you think Nescafe is coffee.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Don't be ridiculous, it has nothing to do with race. It's the poor who aren't human.

Oh ok sorry.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Lol if you don't force Enrique to remove his arms and replace them with cybernetic bear arms

Allegedly Allergic
Nov 3, 2002

Crazy Bus Person #3

GenericOverusedName posted:

Lol if you don't force Enrique to remove his arms and replace them with cybernetic bear arms

Enrique is a bitch if he needs bear arms to make my coffee.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

pentyne posted:

The best cup of coffee I've ever had was at a coffee plantation in El Salvador.

God drat, that guy who hired Enrique must feel pretty embarrassed to know you just own an entire plantation.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

A Man and his dog posted:

Steak is suppose to be cooked medium rare. Have some drat pink in the middle. Stop chewing on a drat hockey puck.

:ughh:

Well done done well isn't a hockey puck. Learn to cook.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

I had to robust him and weld him into a locker last time that happened.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Enough derails, back to dumb moves in marketing.

Circumcision was always marketed by doctors as a regular routine after birth , but popularity has dropped off precipitously in a single generation. Which is fine because it has no medical justification.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Danger Mahoney posted:

Pod coffee sales are higher in Western Europe than America. Haha those stupid lazy americans though right?

I don't use one because the cost/benefit never worked out for me, but how does someone not get the appeal of a Keurig/Nespresso/Whatever single-serving coffee maker? No prep, no cleanup, and nearly as cost effective if you're just making a single cup. Also solves every problem with a coffee maker in a shared space; no more passive-aggressive notes for someone to clean the coffee maker or stop using so much of the communal coffee.

Yeah, gently caress that rear end in a top hat who doesn't make a new pot after drinking the last cup!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Please please please someone make a joke about Enrique and a mohel. Or being a mohel. Walking into a bar.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Sometimes after a delicious, medium rare game of Warhammer, I like to pick myself up with a strong steak, which gives me the energy to while away the evening playing coffee with like-minded friends, proudly showing off my expertly painted beans.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I prefer my coffee beans circumcised and my Warhammer figurines well-done, especially when I vote Republican about transsexual rights.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i am going to poo poo in all of your mailboxes

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol if you don't have enough money to contract Enrique Iglesias to poo poo in a random goon's mailbox

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lol if you don't have enough money to contract Enrique Iglesias to poo poo in a random goon's mailbox

I once got Gabriel Iglesias to poo poo in a random goon's mailbox, but it was really his idea.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I've never been able to participate in coffee chat because my body chemistry makes weird tolerances. Caffeine does literally nothing noticeable to me. So I never grew to tolerate the stuff, because coffee really isn't very good tasting ever, it's popularity springs from its usefulness (which is lost on me) causing you to not only get used to the flavor but enjoy it over time.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Nobody cares about your caffeine tolerance.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

What about steak tolerance?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Choco1980 posted:

I've never been able to participate in coffee chat because my body chemistry makes weird tolerances. Caffeine does literally nothing noticeable to me. So I never grew to tolerate the stuff, because coffee really isn't very good tasting ever, it's popularity springs from its usefulness (which is lost on me) causing you to not only get used to the flavor but enjoy it over time.

I like the taste. Get better coffee and grind fresh to order.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I went to Cancun this past winter, and at the resort the steaks were served well to well done. Still pretty good though, but I'm not sure they were kosher.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I don't tip Enrique

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Enough derails, back to dumb moves in marketing.

Circumcision was always marketed by doctors as a regular routine after birth , but popularity has dropped off precipitously in a single generation. Which is fine because it has no medical justification.

But enough about Gamergate

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hey, man, I'm just exercising the 2nd Amendment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ninjahedgehog posted:

But enough about Gamergate

the industry built around tipping in the American service industry should be abolished because all it does is decrease employer liability and create an economy of overworked and underpaid people, like enrique