Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

that is literally impossible.

jesus i hope so

i dont have enough faith in the american people to not vote for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i don't think anyone considered a frontrunner at any point before the primaries start has ever won, at least in a modern media environment. presidential primaries have been a sprint, not a marathon, since at least '72.

Each presidential campaign season is different enough and the sample size small enough that the fact that it's never happened before doesn't mean much. For example, in the lead-up to Obama's election in '08 people were saying things like 'no Democratic presidential candidate who loses Missouri has ever won.' And then he won. The prospect of a Trump presidency isn't good, but it would be funny aside from the fallout.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Broken Machine posted:

Each presidential campaign season is different enough and the sample size small enough that the fact that it's never happened before doesn't mean much. For example, in the lead-up to Obama's election in '08 people were saying things like 'no Democratic presidential candidate who loses Missouri has ever won.' And then he won. The prospect of a Trump presidency isn't good, but it would be funny aside from the fallout.

trump winning the primary would be funny if only to watch him get mondaled by the hilldog

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Jonad posted:

trump winning the primary would be funny if only to watch him get mondaled by the hilldog

....is that a thing that happens often in america? :ohdear:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol derek loving smart is posting in the star citizen thread

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol derek loving smart is posting in the star citizen thread

link yo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Boxturret posted:

....is that a thing that happens often in america? :ohdear:

You wanna find out? :q:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
derek smart is unironically a more competent game designer than the star citizen people

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

derek smart is unironically a more competent game designer than the star citizen people

until this post i thought you meant maxwell smart:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the original android phone

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

pram posted:

link yo

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=760#post447625042

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

same

when i'm on the toilet

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Will I be able to conduct elaborate costumed space orgies in my custom sex hangars

[edit] oh hi derek smart, please make a game where I can do the above

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

RIP conrad

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i want him to be in the debates and/or run as an independent

it will be a spectacle either way

him running as an independent the entire way would be the greatest thing the world has ever seen

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

DiggityDoink posted:

i honestly dont know what the gently caress i just watched there. decent bass player at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IumkoOmMpTU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

duTrieux. posted:

that is literally impossible.

never underestimate how stupid americans are

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Broken Machine posted:

aside from the fallout.

As in real, actual nuclear fallout? Or is that :thejoke:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
trump as the republican nominee would be the best thing, since it would probably catastrophically demoralize huge swathes of the republican party and possibly lead to the party splintering between the "you guys are loving insane how in christ could this man be our nominee" and "gently caress it we're doubling down on the worst parts of our platform, we're doing this" factions

there'd probably be loads of local/state elections where republicans stayed home because they refuse to vote for either trump or clinton

a trump nomination might literally be the best outcome for america

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i want him to be in the debates and/or run as an independent

it will be a spectacle either way

yeah it's looking like he might actually make it as far as at least the first debate

gonna own so hard

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that said, as someone over in dungeons and dragons pointed out, the absolute funniest thing would be if the republicans were facing a brokered convention with trump as kingmaker. that'd be a great time to own stock in liquor distilleries.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sweevo posted:

never underestimate how stupid americans are

the republican party would fracture before that could happen.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

that said, as someone over in dungeons and dragons pointed out, the absolute funniest thing would be if the republicans were facing a brokered convention with trump as kingmaker. that'd be a great time to own stock in liquor distilleries.

debates are gonna own so hard

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
trump winning the primaries is the only conceivable way you'd end up with bernie sanders in the white house

obvs it's gonna be clinton tho

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

go trump go

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
trump winning the nomination and that leading to bernie sanders being elected POTUS would be a pretty good confirmation that everything is utterly broken beyond all repair

basically if it happens you should immediately just walk outside are start looting because it means everything is so broke even the combined force of like 99% of the worlds money cant run a country anymore

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
trump winning the presidency means impeachment hearings start on january 21st 2017

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
bernie sanders in the white house would mean 4 years of no laws or budgets being passed because nothing would make it through congress that bernie wouldnt veto

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

attn Americans: Trump is another word for Fart here in the UK, so please elect him if at all possible

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

trump winning the nomination and that leading to bernie sanders being elected POTUS would be a pretty good confirmation that everything is utterly broken beyond all repair

basically if it happens you should immediately just walk outside are start looting because it means everything is so broke even the combined force of like 99% of the worlds money cant run a country anymore

actually you should hunker down and watch out for roving gangs

they'll be the ones with red and blue lights on their cars

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jonad posted:

bernie sanders in the white house would mean 4 years of no laws or budgets being passed because nothing would make it through congress that bernie wouldnt veto

lmao if you think the Republicans and Democrats wouldn't immediately start "reaching across the isle" to beat his vetoes

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

attn Americans: Trump is another word for Fart here in the UK, so please elect him if at all possible

pretty sure it's etymologically related to the french trompe meaning trick as in the card term to trump

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Fabricated posted:

lmao if you think the Republicans and Democrats wouldn't immediately start "reaching across the isle" to beat his vetoes

good, it's long past time we broke the imperial presidency

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

good, it's long past time we broke the imperial presidency

we need to go back to relying on the only truly democratic and accountable institution in america: congress

bishun
Feb 16, 2010

You know the dryl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwMF5UeYcM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

notice that he takes the chicken and wipes the sauce off the little boy but lets the little girl keep eating the roofieQ :allears:

he also has a standup bit about spanish fly

• Locked thread