Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is the audio on the live feed dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Brannock posted:

After this I don't think anyone else in the Republican pool except Jeb! has a chance against Trump, they'd get eaten alive in any debate

All Scott Walker would be able to do is stammer and repeat his programmed messages

My dream debate is Walker surrounded by Christie and Trump and they just yell at him for 2 hours.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
4,200 people in the room, 4,000 turned away.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I'm getting a lot of geat audio from people who don't seem to be aware they're being recorded.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't hear nothing.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
In 2012, we got a sort of 'flavor-of-the-week' frontrunner for a few weeks then ultimately the establishment stepped in on behalf of Willard "Mittens" Romney. I wonder if that's going to be the case again, or if Donald Trump is really enough of a politician to thoroughly cow one of the weakest Republican fields of all time. Because he's doing a pretty good job of it right now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Al Nipper posted:

I'm getting a lot of geat audio from people who don't seem to be aware they're being recorded.

i was here first so you need to back up

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

Is the audio on the live feed dead?

Yeah, the feed got cut after the second song.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Joementum posted:

Bernie's still the man to beat :bernget:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Joementum posted:

Oh so thats not very many. Smaller than the Madison Bernie rally.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This was my first time listening to him speak live and it was horrifying. He belongs in a Paul Verhoeven movie.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Plinkey posted:

Yeah, the feed got cut after the second song.

I still have audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQYzKhsnGM

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Full Battle Rattle posted:

In 2012, we got a sort of 'flavor-of-the-week' frontrunner for a few weeks then ultimately the establishment stepped in on behalf of Willard "Mittens" Romney. I wonder if that's going to be the case again, or if Donald Trump is really enough of a politician to thoroughly cow one of the weakest Republican fields of all time. Because he's doing a pretty good job of it right now.

I remember it jumping between Bachmann to Perry to Cain but I don't remember any of them ever working the crowd as hard as Trump did just now

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I still have audio.

Ah, I was watching the CNN stream, it went to a test pattern.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Al Nipper posted:

"well Trump is a tall drink of water....and don't forget handsome!... tall, dark and handsome" - A journalist basically talking to himself while being captured by a live recording.

As if this couldn't get any better.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Eh maybe my feed is messed up I just got two people chatting with each other. No Audio.

Also 4200 people in the room 4k turned away, and then 11000 on the live stream, is good numbers. I support Bernie and i haven't hunted down any of his speeches.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They are muted because otherwise YouTube is going to be pissed they are broadcasting all the songs Trump is playing without the rights. They are trying to get him in for an interview though, so stay tuned for more Trump!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Hollismason posted:

Eh maybe my feed is messed up I just got two people chatting with each other. No Audio.

Also 4200 people in the room 4k turned away, and then 11000 on the live stream, is good numbers. I support Bernie and i haven't hunted down any of his speeches.

I don't think anyone expects Bernie to have the sheer entertainment of a Trump speech

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Brannock posted:

I remember it jumping between Bachmann to Perry to Cain but I don't remember any of them ever working the crowd as hard as Trump did just now

He really is the used car salesman turned politician. He knows what people want to hear and he's just giving it to them undiluted.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Holy poo poo does that say the The Stolen Lives Quilt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:lol: the reporters are all going to literally be kneeling before Trump

edit: aww, they let them stand up

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Had Bernie recorded or streamef any of his speeches actually? If so I'd like to see one.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

edit: aww, they let them stand up
Genuflect and 12 hail marys lol

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

DONALD TRUMP FOR GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
That was great stand-up comedy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamnit turn on the audio.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

This one has audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQYzKhsnGM

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Dalael posted:

That was great stand-up comedy.

I have bad news.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

DO YOU HAVE A VISA?? gently caress YOU.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hollismason posted:

trump is just saying illegal immigration in different inflections

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

James Garfield posted:

Republicans support a 50% tax on income over one million dollars (which mentions Reagan) at 53%. A plan where the top bracket is 49%, on income over one billion dollars (which does not mention Reagan) only manages 36%. :laugh:

If Bernie would just name drop Reagan a few times Full Communism Now would be a reality.

People generally want good things but can be made to think those things are bad. The can also be made to abandon those policies if they conflict with larger fears or hate for other people. It is generally easier to get conservatives to hate and fear things but neither side is immune.

I think it is hard to deny that someone with a popular policy platform and the ability to deliver the message of those popular policies well can deliver on big ideas. It has happened in our history. Hate and fear is a lot easier to sell successfully. Incremental change is too. But sometimes we get a chance to actually live up to our potential and try to do big things. At this time big ideas are possible because of the overwhelming popular support and the big ideas have all been tried successfully by other countries. We are just trying to close the gap with the rest of the industrialized world on some of these things.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Latinos: "Thank you for doing this"

Source: Donald Trump

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Killer Mike feelin' the Bern.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

greatn posted:

Had Bernie recorded or streamef any of his speeches actually? If so I'd like to see one.

There is the madison speech on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OewBDIwy-O4
His portland speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d9poJU6Kiw
Mineapolis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdCOk9BDVbs
Denver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZ44NQ7TuM

Here is a nice interview with Katie Couric: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpgJYNaIeqo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I believe Carter pardoned all draft dodgers.

Great, Carter is responsible for Bush being president.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I don't hear any sound :(

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
"How can you single-handedly beat the Chinese!?" x 10

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Finally got audio.

"Tell them to pay their debt".