Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

NecroMonster posted:

I just need a complaint about all of the best and strongest characters in Worm being female and I can fill out by "stupid complaints about Worm" bingo card guys
All the best and strongest characters in Worm are female. Whaa.

Disclaimer: I have never read Worm and know nothing about it beyond what has already been stated in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Fabricated posted:

Not really, everyone knows it's going to be okay. It's shounen- it's generally always okay. It's just cool that stuff actually started happening sooner than expected.

Counterpoint: Hunter X Hunter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

NecroMonster posted:

I just need a complaint about all of the best and strongest characters in Worm being female and I can fill out by "stupid complaints about Worm" bingo card guys

NecroMonster posted:

well it is an unedited first draft lol

I think these two quotes speak for themselves, albeit not in the way they're intended to.

Also man I keep checking this thread because it's getting a fair amount of posts but almost none of it is actually talking about MHA, which is disappointing. That almost no one seems to like the thing that's being talked about instead doesn't help, though it is kind of amusing in a way.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

DrSunshine posted:

Counterpoint: Hunter X Hunter.
Hey, Guts might be getting off the boat at some point so maybe there's hope for HxH too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No he means stuff does not turn out ok in a lot of things in Hunter X Hunter. Lots of people die horrible or get traumatized.

But I also really want it to come back again. Though it did not help that the thread title tempted fate too harshly. Saying it was only coming back or Nine weeks (It only came back for 8.)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Roland Jones posted:

I think these two quotes speak for themselves, albeit not in the way they're intended to.

Also man I keep checking this thread because it's getting a fair amount of posts but almost none of it is actually talking about MHA, which is disappointing. That almost no one seems to like the thing that's being talked about instead doesn't help, though it is kind of amusing in a way.

We're in that limbo just previous to a new chapter, so there's not much to talk about until the chapter actually comes out.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kyte posted:

We're in that limbo just previous to a new chapter, so there's not much to talk about until the chapter actually comes out.

Yeah, I'm aware, it just sucks because I keep thinking "oh hey maybe something cool's been announced/the scanlators did a fast job/etc." whenever I notice there's a fair amount of new posts here. I also found it kind of amusing that the dominating subject (Worm) is one that most of the posters are expressing disappointment with and don't seem to really like, despite the long posts on it, though that's also a little disappointing in that these limbo periods occasionally bring new things to check out to my attention, whereas here people seem to generally be giving reasons to avoid the subject of discussion.

At least the chapter will, assuming there aren't delays or something (the groups seem pretty good about getting things out weekly), be translated tomorrow/later today.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
2 spoiler images have been out for a while, but no raws or Chinese scans of the new chapter yet, much to my disappointment.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

2 spoiler images have been out for a while, but no raws or Chinese scans of the new chapter yet, much to my disappointment.

You're in luck.

http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/374251

Prepare to yell HOLY gently caress

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Fabricated posted:

Hey, Guts might be getting off the boat at some point so maybe there's hope for HxH too.

I wouldn't hold out hope. They're never getting off that boat.

It is the slow boat to nowhere.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Prepare to yell HOLY gently caress

I see nothing in this chapter to warrant that reaction

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

What, the thought that 3 more Nomus that are possibly as strong as the first one (ie. All Might) rampaging through the city isn't awesome? Get hyped dude, there's gonna be some good fights coming up.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

What, the thought that 3 more Nomus that are possibly as strong as the first one (ie. All Might) rampaging through the city isn't awesome? Get hyped dude, there's gonna be some good fights coming up.

Well, they did say he was artificial or made somehow so them having more versions of him isn't that surprising. And I don't think he's as strong as All Might. It's more that Nomu matches up very well against him since he's very good at being punched. He might not be so good at being set on fire, for instance. But yeah, looking forward to the fights. And some more regular translations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoiler Translations are out finally but I imagine the actual scanlation should be out today too.

Shorter verison: Torino decides to take Midoriya into Shibuya to look for real villains after apparently spending the better part of two days kicking his rear end.

Iida's generic hero sponsor in a very Horikoshi writing move, has actually caught on that Iida only came there to hunt Stain. He warns him that heroes have no authority to arrest anyone, and that personal vendettas could put him on the wrong side of the law.

Stain is ported back and immediately goes to work. Shigaraki is disgusted with him and decides to make a "contest" of destruction out of it, summoning a group of "noumus" to gently caress the city up. Midoriya and Torino's train gets stopped in Hosu when one of the Noumus blasts a local hero through the cabin, and Iida gets his wish to confront Stain.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved that Iida wasn't actually beheaded.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Question: does anyone else call this series MHAcademia in their heads (the H is silent)?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Guy A. Person posted:

Question: does anyone else call this series MHAcademia in their heads (the H is silent)?

Now that's just nuts.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Pronouncing the entire elongated name for elongated Japanese media properties every time you speak or think of them is the only way to go.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Contractions are the path to the dark side.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia. i guess subconsciously i am weeb trash

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://bato.to/read/_/331640/boku-no-hero-academia_ch50_by_fallen-angels translation, finally

whooooole lotta poo poo going down in hosu

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Aurora posted:

http://bato.to/read/_/331640/boku-no-hero-academia_ch50_by_fallen-angels translation, finally

whooooole lotta poo poo going down in hosu

"he screams hir name" Really?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Alright I'm gonna make the binge read for this series, getting pumped!

I stuck it out with Jojo last time, and that show was bananas. Hoping this one is just as crazy

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Its really interesting to see the small bits of world building come up. The difference between rural areas and urban ones in terms of both crime and superheroes reminds me a bit of Astro City, which had an issue exploring that concept since its otherwise just not really brought up in superhero settings, since of course large cities provide more diversity in terms of characters, setting, and action set pieces.

Also I just realised that Stain basically prefers 'classic' superheroes to later characters and settings that tried to incorporate the finances into how they worked (Booster Gold, Tiger and Bunny, etc). I wonder if he might be a fanboy for any of the older generations (ie, before the system went up).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yea, it's funny that someone was saying that the author of that Worm thing got overtly grim because he thought there were no more heroes in the world, because that's basically what Stain apparently thinks too. And as such, while I can't see him becoming a hero, I can see him dying to save one or something. On the other hand, he is being set up as a mentor for Shigaraki, which would seem to be incompatible with that, at least in all but the longest terms, so who knows?

kidcoelacanth posted:

Agreed. This chapter is already upping the game on Nuomu, by making it Nuomus. If it was just one Noumu appearing, I'd feel some apprehension and figure poo poo was about to go down or that there'd at least be a really good fight. As is, it's basically the inverse law of ninjas or whatever it's called using monsters. One of them? He'll be badass. Three of them? They'll be chumps, because there's only really Gran Torino around to handle them, so he'll pound the three while Iida and Deku take on Stain. Even then, they're probably going to be rescued by someone else, because Iida has proven to just not be on his level and I doubt Deku has enough handle on his powers to do more than drive him off for the moment and, if Horikoshi wants to build Stain up, probably not even that.

It probably will be a good set of fights, but I doubt anything big is going to happen to either Iida or Stain, and the outcome is probably just him leaving with Shigaraki while the Noumus are taken out and Iida learning to be a little more cautious or something. Then again, I have been majorly wrong on stuff before, so maybe I will be on this too and this might be an indication major shits about to go down.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

tsob posted:

Yea, it's funny that someone was saying that the author of that Worm thing got overtly grim because he thought there were no more heroes in the world, because that's basically what Stain apparently thinks too. And as such, while I can't see him becoming a hero, I can see him dying to save one or something. On the other hand, he is being set up as a mentor for Shigaraki, which would seem to be incompatible with that, at least in all but the longest terms, so who knows?

Agreed. This chapter is already upping the game on Nuomu, by making it Nuomus. If it was just one Noumu appearing, I'd feel some apprehension and figure poo poo was about to go down or that there'd at least be a really good fight. As is, it's basically the inverse law of ninjas or whatever it's called using monsters. One of them? He'll be badass. Three of them? They'll be chumps, because there's only really Gran Torino around to handle them, so he'll pound the three while Iida and Deku take on Stain. Even then, they're probably going to be rescued by someone else, because Iida has proven to just not be on his level and I doubt Deku has enough handle on his powers to do more than drive him off for the moment and, if Horikoshi wants to build Stain up, probably not even that.

It probably will be a good set of fights, but I doubt anything big is going to happen to either Iida or Stain, and the outcome is probably just him leaving with Shigaraki while the Noumus are taken out and Iida learning to be a little more cautious or something. Then again, I have been majorly wrong on stuff before, so maybe I will be on this too and this might be an indication major shits about to go down.

It all depends on the power load out of this batch of noumus, if each one is different then you get a different layout of powers, so this could be interesting, also I think they are trying to work out how to get past the downsides of stuffing extra powers into people.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

It all depends on the power load out of this batch of noumus, if each one is different then you get a different layout of powers, so this could be interesting, also I think they are trying to work out how to get past the downsides of stuffing extra powers into people.

It looks like one can fly, one is a straight rip off of the original Noumu that's just missing it's eyes and the third one is the lanky one Gran Torino is fighting. At least the blind Noumu looks like it should be near the same power as the original one, the other two look like they're specialty fighters ie speed or quirks. It's probably not going to end well, considering half the city is already lighting up on fire.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
This series has defied the usual expectations a number of times. I have no idea what's going to happen next and I love it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AtomikKrab posted:

Someone up the line presumably is, but I don't think Shigaraki is that far up the line to know or for the moment care about it. He seems to be more a parallel to Deku in that he's a hope for the future of those higher ups.

It looks like one can fly, one is a straight rip off of the original Noumu that's just missing it's eyes and the third one is the lanky one Gran Torino is fighting. At least the blind Noumu looks like it should be near the same power as the original one, the other two look like they're specialty fighters ie speed or quirks. It's probably not going to end well, considering half the city is already lighting up on fire.

See, there's really two sides to this, Stain versus Shigaraki since they're having a competition at the moment about who can have more effect, and thus two basic outcomes. The first is Stain winning, which means that he kills some notable heroes (notable to the setting, not us), moves on to a new district and Shigaraki is left to ponder his direction (or lack thereof) regarding destruction and the point of being a villain. The other is that Shigaraki wins by causing more widespread death than a few random heroes and in this case it's likely to cause a permanent rift between Stain and the organization, pushing him to more of a middle ground than pure villain.

The first definitely seems more likely to me, and in typing this I wonder if maybe Stain won't end up killing Gran Torino when he goes to save Deku and/or Iida? Which would actually be fairly big, despite him only just being introduced. This would give Stain someone powerful to add to his list, and maybe be someone he admires or thinks of as big game as well as giving Deku and All Might some personal stake in his pursuit. This could be a really cool route to go if Stain shows some respect and/or admiration for Gran Torino - though, that does make me wonder how he'd react to fighting someone he respects. Would he back off because they're one of the few deserving the name hero to him, and thus killing them would be counter-productive, would he fight them regardless because their death would be a bigger wake up call, or would he figure that if they can't beat him they don't deserve to be heroes in the first place?

Regardless, I think it's more likely Stain will win to cement his ties to Shigaraki and give Shigaraki some more direction and growth, which means those Nuomos can't really be too successful in all but property damage.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Hahaha Deku's IM avatar is just a picture of All Might. of course it is.

Speaking of All Might, this chapter really just confirms to me my theory that Stain thinks All Might is an actual legit hero (since he said he and Shigaraki had opposing goals). I'm interested to see how he'd react to Deku. the kid has the attitude but he's not a hero yet.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The one that's just a lower jaw and a brain is my favorite. Less is more. :allears:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I appreciate the Resident Evil aesthetic of the Noumus.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
I'll be honest, because of the font Handman Murderface uses, I thought he told Blackmist to release the houmous.

Which would have been much more threatening.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Prison Warden posted:

Speaking of All Might, this chapter really just confirms to me my theory that Stain thinks All Might is an actual legit hero (since he said he and Shigaraki had opposing goals). I'm interested to see how he'd react to Deku. the kid has the attitude but he's not a hero yet.

All Might is probably acceptable to Stain as someone who's in the hero business for the sake of being a superhero, not because its a job that pays well, lets them show off their quirk, etc. Deku is actually a bit interesting to think about there, since initially I was just gonna say he was likely fine due to just wanting to be a superhero as well...

But then I realised that one interpretation is because that he wanted become a superhero like All Might, depending on how you read that, that could actually come across as selfish. Ie, the same way that when someone talks about being like someone famous, they're also generally indicating they want the same level of (presumable) luxury, fame, power, success, etc. Like yeah, All Might's a better idol than most, but it could still be a case of idolisation than true altruism - at least if you wanted Stain and Deku to come to blows.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Remember that Horikoshi doesn't really gently caress around on the timeline of stuff; this would be the setup to some long series of battles in any other shounen but it wouldn't shock me to see this particular conflict wrap up the whole Stain thing.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I don't think Gran Torino is long for this world. :(

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's very much worth stating, but Stain is just an anti-hero that's going after heroes instead of villains as is more common. Dude has identified a perceived "ill" in society and wants to do whatever it takes to fix it, the only difference between him and the more standard anti-villain is that the author isn't attempting to pretend that Stain is someone anyone should like.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Prison Warden posted:

it'd be funny if deku got the worst possible fanboy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, I'm still kinda waiting for the wind-down arc where after some the sports festival and some public heroics the kids start finding out they have fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The Noumu are supposed to be these dangerous killing machines, but it looks like you could just jam a finger in their exposed brain pretty easily.