Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Protip for those that don't know:

You get a free 60% permanent mount (Hornscute) and 50,000 credits for your first time buying any argents. The lowest price is $2.99 worth of argents from the shop which gets you 2500. So for 3$ you get a permanent license for your rhino, 50k credits, and 2500 argents. Not a bad deal! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Obscurity posted:

You get a free 60% permanent mount (Hornscute) and 50,000 credits for your first time buying any argents. The lowest price is $2.99 worth of argents from the shop which gets you 2500. So for 3$ you get a permanent license for your rhino, 50k credits, and 2500 argents. Not a bad deal! :)

Is this a limited-time thing?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
i want to delete the hornscute in my inventory because it messed up my J key in the beta since i have the perma mount

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

WarLocke posted:

Is this a limited-time thing?

Not that I am aware of..it's just a "free gift" for first time purchase.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
^^ Noice!

Obscurity posted:

So if you just buy the 2.99 argent from the in game shop you get all that? That's a pretty sweet deal.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Stanley Pain posted:

^^ Noice!

So if you just buy the 2.99 argent from the in game shop you get all that? That's a pretty sweet deal.

Yep did it myself. :)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Welp I was going to be one of the unwashed freeblets but I might buy some argents now. :negative:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Did a little digging and got a list of all Costumes for both genders.

Male Costumes & Hats

Female Costumes & Hats

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 12, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I was kind of worried about customization/dress-up when I found out costumes were whole-body, but okay that's a lot of options, assuming they're all in-game. :catstare:

Strangely, when you do the holo-class-training thing it says you unlock both class outfits as well as the hats for those outfits - I got the outfits, but only one hat (the archer one), I don't know what's up with that.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

This game is kind of alarmingly glitchy, and I say that as a veteran of Champions Online at launch. It's okay for a free game but I'd be kind of pissed if I paid $20 to get in.

Do you get drastically more sparks for doing missions on a team? The atlas seems awfully slow.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

WarLocke posted:

I was kind of worried about customization/dress-up when I found out costumes were whole-body, but okay that's a lot of options, assuming they're all in-game. :catstare:

Strangely, when you do the holo-class-training thing it says you unlock both class outfits as well as the hats for those outfits - I got the outfits, but only one hat (the archer one), I don't know what's up with that.

There's a bunch of costumes missing from the store (for argents), and I guess some are unlocked through progression, in addition to the decent amount we have available now.

I believe the headwear is supposed to be unique to that class, the exception being archer because they also get a mask.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 12, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

Do you get drastically more sparks for doing missions on a team? The atlas seems awfully slow.

There is a group bonus but it's kind of small (like 6% for a 3-man group).

Thing is, as your Prestige gets higher you unlock harder versions of missions, which have higher base spark payouts. And then can have x2 or x3 multipliers on top. So spark income speeds up after you've been playing a while.

e: This is on top of missions that open up later having higher intrinsic payouts (before additional difficulties), bonus sparks for quick completion, and the (semi?) random additional side objectives that sometimes get added when you do a mission (displayed below the mission summary when you start, or viewed with F11)

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 12, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dosvidanya posted:

i want to delete the hornscute in my inventory because it messed up my J key in the beta since i have the perma mount

Hold down "J" to see the mount wheel to set and switch to other mounts.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

Its the people that join in months later that will be sucking dick for beer money.

Russian OBT has announced a catch-up system for people who are behind. We'll probably get it too at some point.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

:catstare:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
The test area sucks

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Danith posted:

The test area sucks

This is truth.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Well alright. :tipshat:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

blueberrysmith posted:

This is truth.

I disagree. I'd like to see more jumping puzzles and bosses like the lightning orb guy.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Liberatore posted:

slayer words
this all rules and should probably be linked in the op

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was taking a mission when the game offered to let me try out Knight. I wasn't that impressed with the class but the execution move consists of uppercutting your opponent into a summoned eagle. :911:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Every time I try to accept the alternate class, I always spawn as my main :saddowns:

Finally hit 2100 prestige and I'm just getting started with the followers and adept thing. Never having played a browser based rpg, that system is going to take some getting used to.

It's nice to play a game that's so familiar yet so very different from anything else out there.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Every time I try to accept the alternate class, I always spawn as my main :saddowns:

:siren:YOU CANNOT TRY AN ALTERNATE CLASS IN A GROUP:siren:

This is another thing the game does not explain/is a bug.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Apparently once you max out a class you get a different costume. The slayer one looks like tactical gear. Completely different than the default. So that's 13 costumes otherwise unaccounted for.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

this all rules and should probably be linked in the op

Next week I will have a lot more abilities unlocked and will make another post about it. Should unlock Archer then as well.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Protips for cool people who unlocked necromancer

1- your abilities that consume hp will take into account shields. There is a trait that gives you a sheild on dodge, helpful to reduce self damage

2- use shadows of the past to unload your abilities without spending hp. You will keep the lich form juice you generate. With good timing you should be able to summon a pet and use 2 abilities before you revert back.

3-your out of combat hp regen is reduced because gently caress you. There is a talent that removes this and gives you reduced incoming traumatic damage. I have no idea what traumatic damage is but this talent is very good for ease of life.

4-nobody will ever let you regen out of combat because your group will always have a zerker who chain pulls. Prepare for this.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Traumatic damage is caused by enemy AoE attacks. It's meant to punish ranged characters, as melee characters get a 50% reduction to traumatic damage from their additional weapon.

I guess that talent is there to compensate for the Necromancer's mobility compared to other ranged classes.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I got two slots to fill in the guild. Someone Pm me in game. Name is "Irate Drinkfist"

Full again. Cap is now at 56 Memembers.

Construction of new cap increase building is currently at 467/830 and will increase the guild player cap by 8.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 13, 2015

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Liberatore posted:

Next week I will have a lot more abilities unlocked and will make another post about it. Should unlock Archer then as well.
yeah please do. class guides like that are gold for newcomers or casuals like me.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Hit 3100 prestige and ran my first instance.

They're way harder than I expected, especially for the first one. I don't know what buffs were happening but I hit for 14k twice in a row and had multiple 10k hits. There's something about the way numbers tick up that make those big hits feel awesome. You know it's going to be good when it starts but then there's a gambley feel as it goes up wondering where it will stop. Loot sucked, hopefully that changes.

I guess technically that was my second instance as those things are... less then doable solo.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The first 5-man is really hard at 3100 prestige, but overall it's pretty easy. The trash is way more difficult than the bosses. But even then what usually causes wipes are people not focusing targets or getting caught in bubbles.

The real advantage to running 5-mans is the increased reward at the end. If it's not a 3x/2x, whether it's worth it will depend on how smoothly your run goes, but at least they're fun.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
This game handles large numbers and charts in an amazing manner

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

Apparently Russian programmers were never taught about Two's complement. They also don't set precision their doubles.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drinkfist, you messaged me but I had to leave.
I miss you. I want to be with you.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Drinkfist, you messaged me but I had to leave.
I miss you. I want to be with you.

Ill get you eventually. I mean honestly, how many of you fucks could there be in Russia game? Its a good thing that most normal goons spend their money blindly and got in early and no more will be coming in when the game is totally free to play this week. .... gently caress.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

lewtt posted:

They had a bug where the price for argents went below the minimum so they reset it to 160 and refunded the difference to those who sold cheaper. Hence the chart.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

I thought you could buy your way to a new class only to realize you have to path all the way there before buying. Welp. So much for getting to a new class anytime soon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So how do I actually contribute to guild buildings? I've done order missions but it doesn't seem to be benefiting from them.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Unguided posted:

So how do I actually contribute to guild buildings? I've done order missions but it doesn't seem to be benefiting from them.

It's a specific mission. Construct something something. If you just joined the guild, it will take until the next mission refresh for it to show up.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

I thought you could buy your way to a new class only to realize you have to path all the way there before buying. Welp. So much for getting to a new class anytime soon.

If it makes you feel better, unlocking abilities for a class past the basic abilities use class specific sparks which drop from kills. You will still get normal sparks you can use too.

So in essence you can unlock more class stuff while also working towards your new class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Double Monocle posted:

If it makes you feel better, unlocking abilities for a class past the basic abilities use class specific sparks which drop from kills. You will still get normal sparks you can use too.

So in essence you can unlock more class stuff while also working towards your new class.

capping out your class (getting all the nodes in the class atlas) + having premium gets you sparks of evolution which you can use for any node in any class tree

• Locked thread