Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

Room spam was nerfed in 3.0, as I recall.

Sub 50 armory bonus kind of made up for it I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Iron Tusk posted:

It does, it's still pretty decent.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not at home but I'll take a look next time I get online and compare. I do have CT fall off usually before I get it back on, but not usually more than one GCD.

Clipping Disembowel/CT is still definitely better than letting them fall off at all.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Malloreon posted:

I think finding/creating a party for DD first room spam is more efficient than NThanalan fate spamming for these levels.

Don't deny the fate train. Just get on and ride it.

I've not done much new content but the duty finder stuff I have done has been amazingly dickhead free. Either silently efficient or helpful vibe to all of them. Hopefully continues on the new stuff.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
As a warrior gearing up with laws do I need to stack VIT accessories in order to get invited to PF groups or can I go STR accessories? Is there a lot of health pool discrimination in PUGs?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Iron Tusk posted:

"Kind of"? It makes it even better than it used to be.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

vanbags posted:

As a warrior gearing up with laws do I need to stack VIT accessories in order to get invited to PF groups or can I go STR accessories? Is there a lot of health pool discrimination in PUGs?

Please use tanking gear on your right side.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

vanbags posted:

The best way I've heard it described is this: VIT is like accuracy. You need enough, but any more than that is kind of a waste. What "enough" is really depends on the healers you are paired with. Try to get away with as much STR as you can. More STR = More emnity generation and more DPS, which is kind of a big deal.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So strength then.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Does anyone have a good site for any UI tips on how to better organise things? Are there any mods that are considered must haves? I realise there is no DPS meter but that's probably a good thing right? When I had WoW I liked having one due to knowing how much better or worse I was doing with different things, but I hated how it made everyone obsessed with being like ultra optimal on everything.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Armoury bonus is now 100%, and as an additional bonus, you can pop into the next room and kill the boss, which now gives a ton of exp IIRC?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I leveled both DRK and NIN 44-50 post HW exclusively through DD spam. I had a 50 PLD so got the 100% armory bonus. it's good for about 60-80K per run, each run is about 5-7 minutes, depending on your group.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

teacup posted:

Does anyone have a good site for any UI tips on how to better organise things? Are there any mods that are considered must haves? I realise there is no DPS meter but that's probably a good thing right? When I had WoW I liked having one due to knowing how much better or worse I was doing with different things, but I hated how it made everyone obsessed with being like ultra optimal on everything.

If you plan on doing current content and you're DPS you should look into installing ACT, it's the goto 3rd party DPS parser. If you don't plan on doing things like extreme primals or non echo raids who gives a hoot

Optimal UI flow depends on your class, but the best rule of thumb is to organize things where you'll be looking around them the most. As DPS my eyes hover near my hotbar and the boss's health and debuff bar most of the time, while obviously keeping an eye on the room for mechanics. So I have my abilities, buffs, and debuffs stacked around the enemy's so that I notice whenever one pops up that I have to pay attention to.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

vanbags posted:

I never even felt the need to ask this this question. I was packing STR accessories in 2.55 and I still am. At i180 I have 17k Defiance HP. That's more than enough for anything right now provided you know how to manage your cooldowns and when it's appropriate to swap to Deliverance.

You'll be swimming in enough law that if you truly felt the need you could grab a set of VIT stuff if you get sass about it in a PUG, but frankly I'd just leave if they had a problem with it anyway.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
You can also pick up the VIT accessories in EXDR along the way. They're nearly as good and it's an easy thing to make a different gearset for an undergeared/crybaby/incompetent healer.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011

vanbags posted:

I wound up using one VIT ring and the VIT earrings and the rest STR for tanking and just used my spare law to get everything eventually. You certainly don't need full VIT.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

JuggernautEX posted:

I wound up using one VIT ring and the VIT earrings and the rest STR for tanking and just used my spare law to get everything eventually. You certainly don't need full VIT.

One VIT ring and one STR ring is pretty standard since not everyone dumps gil into crazy penta-melded STR stuff and most tome rings are unique. The rest is generally to taste (I like comparing secondary stats more than going straight STR/VIT.)

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Not sure if this ever really made the rounds at all, but I found something neat in the art book that came with the HW CE that tickles the nostalgia fancy, though is probably to be expected with a certain trio of significant statues that have featured prominently in Heavensward stuff.

Ultima Weapon? Not quite. Look at the tail, and especially the horns.

FEEBLE CREATURES, GO!

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

This is the type of stuff I was afraid of when stacking STR.

Shere posted:

I never even felt the need to ask this this question. I was packing STR accessories in 2.55 and I still am. At i180 I have 17k Defiance HP. That's more than enough for anything right now provided you know how to manage your cooldowns and when it's appropriate to swap to Deliverance.

You'll be swimming in enough law that if you truly felt the need you could grab a set of VIT stuff if you get sass about it in a PUG, but frankly I'd just leave if they had a problem with it anyway.
I'll just stack VIT for now and build up STR with the excess law. I'd rather gimp the potential of my class than risk getting booted from PUGs, honestly.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mazed posted:

Not sure if this ever really made the rounds at all, but I found something neat in the art book that came with the HW CE that tickles the nostalgia fancy, though is probably to be expected with a certain trio of significant statues that have featured prominently in Heavensward stuff.

FEEBLE CREATURES, GO!

Please please please let there be a remix of his theme music in an eventual boss fight :iia:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Theres no reason to wear vit gear on warriors at all right now considering the content. You should also probably go half STR/half VIT on DRK/PLD.

Once Savage comes out you'll probably need a piece or two of vit gear for progression but after that it'll be back to full STR.

lol

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Mazed posted:

FEEBLE CREATURES, GO!

Yeah that's definitely Proto-Ultima.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

kafziel posted:

This is streamer agony in a screenshot.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

vanbags posted:

This is the type of stuff I was afraid of when stacking STR.

I'll just stack VIT for now and build up STR with the excess law. I'd rather gimp the potential of my class than risk getting booted from PUGs, honestly.

I've been full STR since the start of Heavensward and no one has given me crap, is what I'm saying. Anyone who gives you guff for not having an unnecessary HP cushion is probably not worth playing with. Fell Cleave crits are the reason for living.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

kafziel posted:

Oh dang, this guy is a fate? Here I was thinking he'd show up in a dungeon (haven't even hit 60 yet. :v: )

Is it like a Behemoth/Odin type thing, in which he gets the music?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mazed posted:

Oh dang, this guy is a fate? Here I was thinking he'd show up in a dungeon (haven't even hit 60 yet. :v: )

Is it like a Behemoth/Odin type thing, in which he gets the music?

He dosent show up as far as I know, he recharges and spawns other fates that generate the parts

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Oh, okay. Then maybe once we get a proper fight with him, we'll get to hear the Soken remaster of this that we all need.

I mean, really, that's all I truly care about here. :allears:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Shere posted:

I've been full STR since the start of Heavensward and no one has given me crap, is what I'm saying. Anyone who gives you guff for not having an unnecessary HP cushion is probably not worth playing with. Fell Cleave crits are the reason for living.
I see your point. I'll give it a go then.

On the subject of Fell Cleave, how often do you squeeze them in? Obviously if I'm not taking any damage I know what stance to be in, but do you ever swap stances when the boss is hitting you?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What is everyone using as a DPS meter/parser?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

On bosses that continually hit hard, you'll either want to stay in Defiance or only swap to Deliverance until the cooldown for Defiance is back up. (While you're there, do a Berserk/IR Fell Cleave, Infuriate->Fell Cleave, and if you're hurting for TP, Equilibrium. Alternatively, Defiance Berserk Equilibrium is a nice self-heal, especially if it crits.)

On bosses that aren't really about tank damage (e.g. every boss in Neverreap), maybe do your initial threat establishment in Defiance but you can just chill in Deliverance for the rest of the fight after that.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Stormgale posted:

He dosent show up as far as I know, he recharges and spawns other fates that generate the parts

How DOES that all work anyways? I'd love to get the ultima horns. Something about rocking quad-horns on an Au Ra just seems really funny to me.

Course, I never had any luck with the Behemoth FATE either. I really ought to try and find a linkshell for this sort of thing.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Vil posted:

On bosses that continually hit hard, you'll either want to stay in Defiance or only swap to Deliverance until the cooldown for Defiance is back up. (While you're there, do a Berserk/IR Fell Cleave, Infuriate->Fell Cleave, and if you're hurting for TP, Equilibrium. Alternatively, Defiance Berserk Equilibrium is a nice self-heal, especially if it crits.)

On bosses that aren't really about tank damage (e.g. every boss in Neverreap), maybe do your initial threat establishment in Defiance but you can just chill in Deliverance for the rest of the fight after that.
Wow, I had no idea Equilibrium was modified by Berserk. Nice to know.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Etrips posted:

What is everyone using as a DPS meter/parser?

Mostly ACT with the rainbowmage overlay, I believe.

Here is a link to the ffgoons thread since I happened to be setting up act earlier today and had it open.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

vanbags posted:

Beserk also affects Second Wind and Flash, making them (somewhat) better skills on Warrior than on their respective base classes :v:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

vanbags posted:

Yeah, I've gotten 9.5kish crit heals with it, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you could hit five digit numbers.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Vit right side is kind of nice for MTing Ravana Extreme because that way if you the off tank misses a Blinding Blade it isn't a guaranteed 1 shot on the MT, but once your good enough to guarantee that that's never going to happen then you can go all STR for that as well. Literally everything else you want to be using STR right side. This may change once Savage Alex comes out, but even then it will only matter for that.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 13, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Super good advice, if you do the Manderville Dance before you get pulled in the room in A4, you do it the entire way in the air!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Man, the Vault monk gear is good looking.

The unsheathe on those patas is absurdly frightening on a lalafell :v:

(edit) Just remembered the hat is Aery, not Vault. Still, good lookin'

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Ciaphas posted:

Man, the Vault monk gear is good looking.

The unsheathe on those patas is absurdly frightening on a lalafell :v:

(edit) Just remembered the hat is Aery, not Vault. Still, good lookin'

Good job on remaining a monk

now continue to walk the path

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Form Shift all on its own is making a huge difference to how much I like the class, yeah. Barring lengthy boss jumps or whatever, keeping GL going and building up meditations at the same time is an entertaining minigame to play while dodging mechanics :v:

• Locked thread