Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

de_dust posted:

Just got the game, anyone willing to give up their friend codes so my town isn't so barren?

I just fairly recently started too, so here's mine:
3711-8778-6756

I'll happily add anyone who wants to add me, that document in the OP is kind of intimidatingly huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So if I don't want to be spoiled on the entire game but I'm curious about why they reuse certain places can someone spoil that?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So if I don't want to be spoiled on the entire game but I'm curious about why they reuse certain places can someone spoil that?

Groundhog Day

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Looper posted:

Groundhog Day

Wait

THEY DID IT AGAIN

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

reaction to spoiler

Basically.

However, the Groundhog Day Loop only need to be done once and the main story actually gets significant changes to it due to the way you initiate the loop.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Basically.

However, the Groundhog Day Loop only need to be done once and the main story actually gets significant changes to it due to the way you initiate the loop.

Yeah honestly this time around, the time loop feels a lot more forgivable; in the first world you kill all of the Grantz Empire's asterisk holders, but in the second loop you learn a lot of them lead pretty hosed up lives thanks to Yu's family or something. You spare them, and since Agnes wasn't kidnapped in the second loop, she convinces them to defect from Emperor Oblivion. And once you defeat Denny in the Zeneolsia Mausoleum, you get him to repent when you go to the Guatelatio Cathedral and see that all his comrades are still alive.

There's also that Send Player scene in the second phase of the Providence fight, where all the asterisk holders thank you for turning their lives around in the second loop.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That actually sounds good. Looks like they did the twist right essentially

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jeez this game is kinda darker than I expected. Death stalks at every turn!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The cover for this game's opening's single.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

de_dust posted:

Just got the game, anyone willing to give up their friend codes so my town isn't so barren?

I just got the game, as well. I added a kitten, and anyone else who wants a low level attack or whatever, please add me!

FC: 2423-5149-6503 (HPanda)

I put my number on the friend code document, as well, but no idea how much that's viewed these days.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Added ya.

I really wish this game had tents or some other way to get all healed up at save points. It does sure make me actually appreciate ethers for pretty much the first time I guess.

I should probably start messing around with some more of these jobs I've unlocked, I haven't even touched Performer, Summoner, Time Mage, or Merchant. I suppose I should go up there and get the Potion Chucker Guy's asterisk too, even if I've never really been fond of alchemists for whatever reason.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

a kitten posted:

Added ya.

I really wish this game had tents or some other way to get all healed up at save points. It does sure make me actually appreciate ethers for pretty much the first time I guess.

I should probably start messing around with some more of these jobs I've unlocked, I haven't even touched Performer, Summoner, Time Mage, or Merchant. I suppose I should go up there and get the Potion Chucker Guy's asterisk too, even if I've never really been fond of alchemists for whatever reason.

you will be, salve-maker is stupid powerful.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Inflammatory posted:

you will be, salve-maker is stupid powerful.

And if nothing else, it's got Healing Lore.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The merchant job makes some cutscenes funny. People trying to be all humble while wearing gaudy, giant rings and fancy hats.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

a kitten posted:

I just fairly recently started too, so here's mine:
3711-8778-6756

I'll happily add anyone who wants to add me, that document in the OP is kind of intimidatingly huge.

I added myself to the bottom of the list, looks like there's been some recent movement in the last couple pages. Just scroll to the bottom and work your way up until you're tired of putting in codes. Just added you as well.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

HPanda posted:

The merchant job makes some cutscenes funny. People trying to be all humble while wearing gaudy, giant rings and fancy hats.

Play the entire game as a Hunter

Or just set Ringabel as one as soon as you get it for the plot beats that happen immediately afterwards

bondster
May 6, 2007

English version of Bravely Second was just announced.

Coming 2016

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

bondster posted:

English version of Bravely Second was just announced.

Coming 2016

Link?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://youtu.be/-5kXsTAUEHw

At 15:45.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Thanks, buddy :tipshat:

I like how Tiz is in a Valkyrie outfit so you can't see who he is, or so most Bravely Default players would still be in the dark about if he survived the end of the game or not.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So because my 101 hour playthrough(:shepface:) wasn't enough I'm trying a No EXP run.

New Game +

Cash and Job levels are carried over because I do not relish the idea of trying to grind those up on sleep single digit levels.

Don't use a job until you would unlock it in a fresh file

Norende shops start at level 3 and are ranked up one level per chapter.

Been pretty interesting. The hardest part has been turning on random encounters to build up Specials.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

So because my 101 hour playthrough(:shepface:) wasn't enough I'm trying a No EXP run.

New Game +

Cash and Job levels are carried over because I do not relish the idea of trying to grind those up on sleep single digit levels.

Been pretty interesting. The hardest part has been turning on random encounters to build up Specials.

Steady MP Recover is amazing in a no EXP run. Put it on everybody and drop Amped Strike, Convert BP, and Group-Cast Reraise like they're going out of style.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

New Game +

Is this on normal or hard mode?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

What would be the point of a challenge run if it wasn't on Hard mode? :colbert:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Relentless posted:

I added myself to the bottom of the list, looks like there's been some recent movement in the last couple pages. Just scroll to the bottom and work your way up until you're tired of putting in codes. Just added you as well.

Added some folks at the bottom, put my info on the list as well.

3540-2056-5094 is my code.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Added my friend code to the bottom of the list. My only WiFi access is at a McDonald's! :suicide: So I will be SLOW to add friends, but I am going to a friend's over the weekend who has WiFi, so I'll try to add a ton then. Also included PMs as contact so if I get any I'll know to go stand the stench of Big Macs and get some people added.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Put my name on the list, pls add me so I can actually beat some of these asterisk bosses without grinding forever thanks

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Picked up a used copy and added the last few folks from the list.

1263-9057-9711 is my code

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Is it just me, or is Anges loving insufferable?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

pnumoman posted:

Are you saying you find her unacceptable?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Are you saying you find her unacceptable?

I just got triggered.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
She gets a lot better around chapter 4(?) or so

which is a hell of a lot sooner than Ringabel

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

pnumoman posted:

she gets better later, and by better i mean she's just kind of there.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Blind Duke posted:

She gets a lot better around chapter 4(?) or so

which is a hell of a lot sooner than Ringabel

Yeah, I now fully understand why Edea's the only one people care about.

Mrgrgr indeed.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ringabel owns tho

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He doesn't own in chapter 2.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Let's just all agree that Tiz is just kinda there and that never ever ever changes

the one point where he has personality and a character it's the most insufferable ferrying quest in the game

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008

Blind Duke posted:

Let's just all agree that Tiz is just kinda there and that never ever ever changes

the one point where he has personality and a character it's the most insufferable ferrying quest in the game

Welp, I wasn't expecting much more out of the story but that's a loving bummer to know it isn't hiding any good surprises like a good characterization turn or non-grating voice acting! :v:

I love the gameplay so much, and I can get down with a lot of dumb stories, but yeesus this game's plot and characters.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, I now fully understand why Edea's the only one people care about.

Mrgrgr indeed.

Anyone who doesn't like edea doesn't know how to be fashionabbbble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when's the new poo poo coming out in america

• Locked thread