Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

jesus christ polygon are you kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CJacobs posted:

jesus christ polygon are you kidding me

well its fake so yeah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lets hang out posted:

well its fake so yeah

It apparently isn't. Would you really be surprised if it wasn't? The original article link seen in that tweet (http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/12/8940053/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-is-dead) is gone too, it redirects to the fixed article now.

edit: Scratch all that. The reason the headline was changed was because "Nintendo president Satoru Iwata is dead" was rude and disrespectful and some kind of idiot decided it was ok to put as a news headline. The crap title is real but the attached pic is in fact fake.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 13, 2015

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Too late, Woolie's already added it to the docket for this week's podcast.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SkeletonHero posted:

Too late, Woolie's already added it to the docket for this week's podcast.

lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

Hold on a minute...Jake, Vietnam, Ride to Hell...Jacob's Ladder...

It finally makes sense. Jake died in 'nam

quote:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If I had a shitload of money I'd buy the IP and have Obsidian make a superbly written direct sequel to RDT but only if we could get Jake's original VA back (I actually like Jake's VA in this game).

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Tormentum continues to be super cool and I'm stealing those puzzles for D&D stuff.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Belgian Waffle posted:

Tormentum continues to be super cool and I'm stealing those puzzles for D&D stuff.

Yeah, it's a shame pat turned on his 'Vindictive rear end in a top hat' mode super hard for this LP

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah, it's a shame pat turned on his 'Vindictive rear end in a top hat' mode super hard for this LP

I blame Woolie for telling him there was a moral system.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I thought it was pretty funny how much of a dick he was it added a lot

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Someone should make a video that supercuts Pat saying "I always do a dick run first" to this last episode "I always do the not rear end in a top hat run first".

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I have to say I really dug the art of the game, but man oh man what a wet fart of a story conclusion.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Podcast is up!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

You tell Pat to find another hat to start wearing. I started wearing mine months before him and I need it to cover my balding head more than he needs it for his. Besides i'm taller, i'll just hold it above his reach.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That Sega statement is so loving stupid. "Turns out fans wanted quality and not rapid releases! Who knew?!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

That Sega statement is so loving stupid. "Turns out fans wanted quality and not rapid releases! Who knew?!"

Wrong, gamers want their games out now now now! It's why Ubisoft is having so much trouble with their Assassin's Creed series right now. They just can't match the demand and get their games out fast enough for people.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

There is a demand for Assassin's Creed? Everywhere I go, everyone I talk with say they should've shot that sick horse of a franchise a while ago.
Actually, now that I think about it, this is in line with everyone's apparent hatred for CoD. Who buys these things?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PiedPiper posted:

There is a demand for Assassin's Creed? Everywhere I go, everyone I talk with say they should've shot that sick horse of a franchise a while ago.
Actually, now that I think about it, this is in line with everyone's apparent hatred for CoD. Who buys these things?

People who don't follow/play games that much.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

PiedPiper posted:

Your friends are not the majority of the fanbase that buy 1-2 games a year. You and they are not the target audience.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Absolutely! The demand for Assassin's Creed games supercedes that of even Amiibos at this point! Gamers want those things in their hands last week so they could play them yesterday! But, they're only slowly producing one game a year and they're losing so many profits despite sacrificing QA for more games on the shelf.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

You tell Pat to find another hat to start wearing. I started wearing mine months before him and I need it to cover my balding head more than he needs it for his. Besides i'm taller, i'll just hold it above his reach.

Between the hat, his "put K' and Iori in everything" sentiment, and his Kyo shirt Pat is reaching new levels of jonesing for a new KoF.

Me too. :negative:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

PiedPiper posted:

unity and rouge both came out november 11 last year, and by december 31 had 10 million sales combined. codaw was the top selling game in 2014. all these people you talk to are whats called anecdotal evidence and doesnt really represent anything at all, probably because you associate with like minded people. kinda blowing your whole worldview up huh? :wth:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ride to Hell is such an...emotional game!
"No.no.no."
Such pathos! Amazing!

Man I'm so happy this happened. And tomorrow, the finale!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Ride to Hell has to be their best LP yet.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

NEW KOTAKU EXCLUSIVE: ARE THEATERS RUINING THE THEATER GOING EXPERIENCE?

Article by: Liam

Genetic Toaster posted:

Between the hat, his "put K' and Iori in everything" sentiment, and his Kyo shirt Pat is reaching new levels of jonesing for a new KoF.

Me too. :negative:

Yeah i've been round robin'ing between 94,98,99,02,13 and Garou for about 6 months now. Doesn't help i've got a new guy working with me that loves fighting games but was all "So tell me about this KOF poo poo, is it cool?"

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 15, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
heh, I have been playing a bunch of KoF recently as well. Got 98 in the steam sale, and have been playing that and 13 with a buddy of mine, to the point where he is now eyeballing fightsticks so we can also play Skullgirls.

Also, after playing '98 I can honestly say that Geese Howard and Rugal should be in everything. I did my first Genocide Cutter two days ago and it was loving life changing.

(My 13 team is Terry, Andy, non-bs Iori come at me nerds)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Godzilla game is really fun and I'm glad they did a video on it, we needed a quality Godzilla game to fit the good rear end Godzilla movie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hedorah, while Z-tier, is the best Godzilla villain.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

DumbparameciuM posted:

heh, I have been playing a bunch of KoF recently as well. Got 98 in the steam sale, and have been playing that and 13 with a buddy of mine, to the point where he is now eyeballing fightsticks so we can also play Skullgirls.

Also, after playing '98 I can honestly say that Geese Howard and Rugal should be in everything. I did my first Genocide Cutter two days ago and it was loving life changing.

(My 13 team is Terry, Andy, non-bs Iori come at me nerds)

A) add http://steamcommunity.com/id/CommissarKen/ that schnook for more fightmans challengers.

B) Geese and the Fatal Fury crew are pretty much the best anything.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Commissar Ken posted:

NEW KOTAKU EXCLUSIVE: ARE THEATERS RUINING THE THEATER GOING EXPERIENCE?

Article by: Liam

"I don't like other people talking over serious movies."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE TALKING OVER GOOFY MOVIES IS AMAZING!"

"No that's fine I meant serious movies."

"WHY DO YOU HATE FUN LIAM"

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It's kinda weird how someone whose job/hobby it is to talk over videogames has a problem with people talking over movies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pulp rag posted:

It's kinda weird how someone whose job/hobby it is to talk over videogames has a problem with people talking over movies.

Well yeah, he can control how much he talks but he can't get other people to cram it for a moment to let the people on screen wax on about their tragic backstory.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

pulp rag posted:

You're paying to go watch a movie, not paying to watch an LP of one, there's a big difference.

I agree with Liam, serious films shouldn't have idiots chatting and laughing about it the whole way through. Goofy movies are the ones that it's fun and OK to make noise in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

You're paying to go watch a movie, not paying to watch an LP of one, there's a big difference.

Those people payed too and if they want to talk about the movie they're watching during the movie I don't see why this is such an issue. You are not the sole person in the theater and they don't have to care about how you watch the movie just as much as you don't care how they do it. As long as they're not loudly heckling the movie, there shouldn't be much of an issue.

EDIT: Let me add something to this by saying if these people are actively ruining the movie for more people than yourselves they will make it known. I especially think it's weird when someone specifies "laughter" not being appropriate in serious movies when laughter usually comes out of nowhere as a reaction to something that happens. I mean, I can think of a lot of people in the theater who were cracking up at those lovely romance scenes from Avengers 2.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 15, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Mr McLure, I have these crazy super best friends who says that Platinum shouldn't make a Berserk game right now...are they crazy?

HAHAHA! No Billy, just ignorant!

E: Agreeing with Pat makes me feel dirty

DPM fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 15, 2015

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Liam's 100% right on this. I don't get why you dudes are dogpiling on him.

a couple of teenagers once laughed at the rape scene when I saw Girl with A Dragon Tattoo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's really lovely, but that's not everyone that goes to a movie theater. Also I dogpile on Liam because he picks really weird times to have these soapboxes and I just generally like disagreeing with him even when it's a topic I agree on like the Vita.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Yeah, some people in the theather were laughing at the scene from Django Unchained where dogs were attacking the slave. Another idiot was explaining to his girlfriend what, in his opinion, was really happening in Shutter Island. Which would've been ok, really, if only this dude had a grasp of such concept as whispering.

But no, it turns out I was in the wrong for not liking these people. I guess I should've laughed with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think you guys missed the key detail that the theater place actively seems to encourage it, or at the very least slam anyone including newspapers for calling it out. There's a bad time, and then there's a bad culture for a business.