Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Buy all of the midfielders, just all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Michael Carrick and Bastien Schweinsteiger. Together at last.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Whats happening am I dreaming? send help

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
*dusts off Top Gear av* It's our year lads!!!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
code:
             De Gea

Valencia - Blind - Herrera - Young
Di Maria - Carrick - Schneiderlin  - Mata 
          Schweinsteiger
               Fellaini

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I can't wait for the crowning jewel to be Sergio Ramos.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Looks like Valdes is leaving, he's been left out of the tour squad we're taking to america. (De Gea is in it)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Just imagine the sheer comedy of Lloris running out to try and fill a gap Ramos left, Phil Jones doing the gollum scramble.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

code:
             De Gea

Valencia - Blind - Herrera - Young
Di Maria - Carrick - Schneiderlin  - Mata 
          Schweinsteiger
               Fellaini

Those code tags though.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
LvG's tinkering trying to find his best squad to play in front of garbage man Valdes will result in enough dropped points to not win the league

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
all hail Eddy the Teddy Bear Woodwood , i always knew you were the man for the job. a Top Top Chief Exec

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Big Taff Man posted:

Looks like Valdes is leaving, he's been left out of the tour squad we're taking to america. (De Gea is in it)

He's off to Turkey allegedly.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The fact that Schneiderlin to United is also a done deal is bigger news imo, he's really good and I'm annoyed as hell that Wengy didn't go for him and instead gave garbageman Arteta a renewed contract.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

excuse me lady posted:

all hail Eddy the Teddy Bear Woodwood , i always knew you were the man for the job. a Top Top Chief Exec

He was just biding his time making sure we got an official crisps supplier in singapore before turning his skills onto transfer negotiations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Jason Denayer got a contract at City till 2020. I bold this.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hardflip posted:

Schweinsteiger to Manchester United is a Done Deal

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

This is really weird and I can't believe it actually happened

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

beedeebee posted:

Jason Denayer got a contract at City till 2020. I bold this.

He looks pretty good and (I think) he qualifies as homegrown, so expect him to be sitting on some benches.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
This is the most fantastic transfer window ever. I'm just sorry the season has to start so soon! Can someone list the biggest transfers so far? Hopefully this means Wayne can get his scoring boots on and start banging them in for fun.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Wengy posted:

The fact that Schneiderlin to United is also a done deal is bigger news imo, he's really good and I'm annoyed as hell that Wengy didn't go for him and instead gave garbageman Arteta a renewed contract.

A lot of places said he had 2 contracts in front of him and had to choose one. I assume it was Arsenal and United.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Pigclimber is past it but Morgan will be good.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Bea Nanner posted:

A lot of places said he had 2 contracts in front of him and had to choose one. I assume it was Arsenal and United.

Pretty easy to decide when money is thrown at you and there's no competition for a starting position.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Darmian will prove to be the best United signing after Carrick keeps both Schs out of the schide.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I told you dongs that Louis Van Gaal would get it together. English football is dead.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

blue footed boobie posted:

I don't like these things

There's nothing to worry about Trust In Wenger

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Brony Car posted:

I told you dongs that Louis Van Gaal would get it together. English football is dead.

Eredivisie top scorers are a coin flip, Italians are poo poo in the Prem, Schweinsteiger is old and gay, and Southampton players can't raise their game beyond midtable.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Sanogo looks like he might get loaned to Ajax

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
.....is it wrong I am looking forward to seeing Man U's midfield in action? What a strange few days it has been......

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
This is shaping up to be one of United's best ever transfer windows. Depay, Italy's RB, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin for £75m. It's arguably better than last summer already. The holes in our midfield that have been gaping for 10 years, filled in one day. Glorious. :getin:

edit: this is freaky

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 13, 2015

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

This is shaping up to be one of United's best ever transfer windows. Depay, Italy's RB, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin for £75m. It's arguably better than last summer already. The holes in our midfield that have been gaping for 10 years, filled in one day. Glorious. :getin:

Giggsy still looking fit, surprise summer signing?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

PirateBob posted:

I'd like to hear more about these "gaping holes."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Destroy My Sweater posted:

"Anderson"

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
QPR get £9m for Sterling

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

QPR get £9m for Sterling

drat good window for them from Liverpool imo.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Giggsy still looking fit, surprise summer signing?

When Giggs heard Schweinsteiger would be coming to United, he was licking his lips and rubbing his thighs. The fact that Bastian will be playing is just a bonus.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"Italy's rb" lmao

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

edit: this is freaky

If by freaky you mean sexy as hell, yep

:circlefap:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
always liked ander herrera, what a debut season he had. all tjhe best ander

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Destroy My Sweater posted:

In Man Uniteds midfield, or in Leicesters Thailand tour party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
:vince:

United could be a real threat next season with an actual midfield. Legit gutted about Schneiderlin as an Arsenal fan.

• Locked thread