Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Double Monocle posted:

If it makes you feel better, unlocking abilities for a class past the basic abilities use class specific sparks which drop from kills. You will still get normal sparks you can use too.

So in essence you can unlock more class stuff while also working towards your new class.

It does, at least its something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Doctor Schnabel posted:

so whats up with those little stat bonuses that i unlock while moving through the atlas? do they stick around when i switch classes, or are they class-specific?

They stick around, only things that change your prestige are your weapons. And you get those randomly as you level anyway, and can equip them.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Don't use your free appearance change if you want to change for whatever reason. At the end of the 6k prestige or so questline, your final mission is to actually GET an appearance change that is separate from youre free one. Not joking. Basically you and marcus-man are scared shitless of that Ianna lady

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So how good are the founder weapons exactly? The only difference from a normal weapon is the might bonus but it seems like the damage bonus offsets that for quite a bit ontop of the bonus effects. Not to mention being isnt being low prestige is a good thing if it's matching you and balancing around the number which doesn't actually buff you directly.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Do you get the ability to return to previous Regions at any point? I hate the idea of missing out on pretty-princessing, but I really don't want to grind out 1,500 mushrooms or whatever in one sitting.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Roach Warehouse posted:

Do you get the ability to return to previous Regions at any point? I hate the idea of missing out on pretty-princessing, but I really don't want to grind out 1,500 mushrooms or whatever in one sitting.

yeah, hit the magnifier icon at the bottom right of the mission choosing screen and you can replay any zone

quote:

So how good are the founder weapons exactly? The only difference from a normal weapon is the might bonus but it seems like the damage bonus offsets that for quite a bit ontop of the bonus effects. Not to mention being isnt being low prestige is a good thing if it's matching you and balancing around the number which doesn't actually buff you directly.

they're extremely good at the start because of the rarity ability bonus. berserker founder weapon buffs your hardest hitting single target ability by 114%. The offhand weapon increases my primary AOE damage by 175% with an impulse charge. I still use them at 7.1k prestige, and probably will until I can get a blue/purple rarity with the same ability stat roll. You also get one for every class

lewtt fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 13, 2015

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just got this and am downloading it now. I kinda want to start as either Lightbinder or Cryomancer. Is Lightbinder pretty good?

Edit: the little wand thing looks kinda dumb. The ice crystal generator looks sweet. But cryo is boring?

vandalism fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 13, 2015

NGHpnotiq
Jun 12, 2010
Pro Tip - You can sit in Queue for a Adventure/Dungeon/PVP Arena while doing a Region. This is far better then sitting staring at the screen waiting for that 20 minute arena timer to finally pop. When you finish said Arena, you'll return to where ever you left off in the Region.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

vandalism posted:

I just got this and am downloading it now. I kinda want to start as either Lightbinder or Cryomancer. Is Lightbinder pretty good?

Edit: the little wand thing looks kinda dumb. The ice crystal generator looks sweet. But cryo is boring?

Cryo is the class i have the most fun with, it has amazing AOE and good single target.

Edit: Been playing lightbringer, that class is pretty awesome as well, pretty decent deeps

HardKase fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 13, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
your hall of greatness gets a lot cooler as you prestige up. starts at bronze, then silver, then gold, then "gem encrusted" whatever that means. still lame that my statue isn't a robo-viking though

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
As the new leader of Lucky Clan #7 I require everyone to change their names. Please make your new name an RP friendly name in the Wuxlin naming convention. After a 1 week grace period RP will be required for all communications.

I will be changing my name to Huang Solo.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The official forums are under siege by a spam bot. There appears to be no anti-spam controls in place so every forum contains dozens of spam pages that are walls of Chinese and hyperlinks. Looks like he's been at it for an hour.

Hilarious.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
If you want to be special, know that everyone and their dog plays cryo. Based on my experiences grouping with them, their dog probably plays it better.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Roach Warehouse posted:

You can go back to any region at any time. If you finish a region, then go back, the quest rewards will change, though. A lot will switch to give out the threads/fibers that you can use to buy more clothes, instead of sparks.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Stanley Pain posted:

As the new leader of Lucky Clan #7 I require everyone to change their names. Please make your new name an RP friendly name in the Wuxlin naming convention. After a 1 week grace period RP will be required for all communications.

I will be changing my name to Huang Solo.
Are there actual name changes in the game btw?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

If you don't mind the broken English, here's a guide on the importance of your Order, what you might want to spend your sparks on in the Atlas, and a preview of the new Ether Core system in RU OBT that will most likely come to NA:

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55a2e501379882c0745d364c?page=1

And here's a spreadsheet of proficiency drops in each Solo and Group area and what Prestige you need for an area to open and to access higher difficulty levels:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mjNa1XFPIgVFKKnsH5pERD1UZG4jnmSWbfzLrsU56RY/edit#gid=0

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 13, 2015

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Hey dudes I'm going to be really busy this month and I'm mentally incapable of playing MMOs casually, so gonna donate my 5 mill to the bank

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Are there actual name changes in the game btw?

Yeah, you can change your name at the stylist, I think there is a cooldown between name changes though.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bear in the Woods posted:

Yeah, you can change your name at the stylist, I think there is a cooldown between name changes though.

There's a stylist in game? Time to spent some Argents! :D

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stanley Pain posted:

There's a stylist in game? Time to spent some Argents! :D

She's standing near Flavius/the testing pod things in the research area.

You get one change (which can be both name and face/body/gender I think) free, then additional ones are something like 5,000 Argents each.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that apparently there's a quest at around 6k Prestige that either gives you a free makeover or requires you to do one for free (the phrasing wasn't the best so I'm not sure).

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

So the hall of greatness never gets filled out with other players gods? That's a shame.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The paid changes cost 2,500 argents for appearance, 5,000 for name. You don't get a free name change.

MinorRed posted:

So the hall of greatness never gets filled out with other players gods? That's a shame.

Part of me thinks they will use those to display the statues of players that have accomplished certain late game feats, like being the first to max out the ascension atlas. But that's probably not the case. I just wish our own statue was closer to where you teleport in.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

FoolishLobster posted:

If you don't mind the broken English, here's a guide on the importance of your Order, what you might want to spend your sparks on in the Atlas, and a preview of the new Ether Core system in RU OBT that will most likely come to NA:

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55a2e501379882c0745d364c?page=1

And here's a spreadsheet of proficiency drops in each Solo and Group area and what Prestige you need for an area to open and to access higher difficulty levels:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mjNa1XFPIgVFKKnsH5pERD1UZG4jnmSWbfzLrsU56RY/edit#gid=0

This is very useful but the group (5-man) areas are not listed in the second spreadsheet, only the 30 adventures.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

WarLocke posted:

You get one change (which can be both name and face/body/gender I think) free, then additional ones are something like 5,000 Argents each.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that apparently there's a quest at around 6k Prestige that either gives you a free makeover or requires you to do one for free (the phrasing wasn't the best so I'm not sure).

Can somebody who's gotten that far clarify if it forces you to pay for it or not?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I'm pretty sure lewtt (who's like 7k+ prestige) confirmed it's free in the same post he mentioned that being a thing. Why would they force you to drop 2,500 argents to do a quest that's part of the main storyline, anyway?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Liberatore posted:

I'm pretty sure lewtt (who's like 7k+ prestige) confirmed it's free in the same post he mentioned that being a thing. Why would they force you to drop 2,500 argents to do a quest that's part of the main storyline, anyway?

Yeah he confirmed it ingame too that you don't have to change but becoming a man-lady-man to hide from the evil person is far better from a lore perspective.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Remb posted:

Hey dudes I'm going to be really busy this month and I'm mentally incapable of playing MMOs casually, so gonna donate my 5 mill to the bank

Thanks Hoss. Shame to stop playing when you picked up the greatest Godly name. Want me to give you the boot and free up a space or will you be playing at all?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

First appearance is definitely free but name is 5k. Unless the name change I did during stress test somehow carried over.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

MinorRed posted:

It's probably something they'll add for pantheons which would be kind of nice. Too bad this doesn't have smash your character face against a wall generator

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

It's probably something they'll add for pantheons which would be kind of nice. Too bad this doesn't have smash your character face against a wall generator

How was your weekend?!

Are you still playing this or did the grind in FFXIV seem more palatable? :shobon:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

How was your weekend?!

Are you still playing this or did the grind in FFXIV seem more palatable? :shobon:

It was solid. Went to just for laughs and saw the ethnic show.
My retard score is almost higher than yours now so I'm still playing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That werewolf thing was one time, one time motherfuckers!

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Dosvidanya posted:

i want to delete the hornscute in my inventory because it messed up my J key in the beta since i have the perma mount

Hold down J and you can select the default mount, same way H works with the usable items.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eight more pantheon slots opened up. :getin:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Unguided posted:

Eight more pantheon slots opened up. :getin:

Woo! Make room for Profanity Jane!

...I won't be on til later tonight. drat work. :(

Cereal Connoisseur
Jun 29, 2011
Could my fat dwarven lightbender get an invite? Name is same as SA

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

WarLocke posted:

The quest line gives you a second free makeover, but you're forced to do it if you want to progress in the storyline. You'll likely hit 6k prestige next week if you haven't already, so using your "whenever" free makeover is likely a waste

quote:

It did in the closed beta. I have no idea why it isn't doing it now

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I'm pretty~

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

lewtt posted:

The quest line gives you a second free makeover, but you're forced to do it if you want to progress in the storyline. You'll likely hit 6k prestige next week if you haven't already, so using your "whenever" free makeover is likely a waste

I just broke 1600 this morning, so maybe not. :gay:

quote:

It did in the closed beta. I have no idea why it isn't doing it now

Is it supposed to be just random other characters, guild members, friends, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

WarLocke posted:

I just broke 1600 this morning, so maybe not. :gay:

Is it supposed to be just random other characters, guild members, friends, what?

It was random for me in cbt

• Locked thread