Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I believe

I believe

I believe that Mikel Arteta will do a passable job backing up Coquelin for this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If his broken biscuit bones hold up he is a capable option against teams from the lower half, providing they don't have any ridiculous pace in their midfield.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I think Flamini is going to see out his contract.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Flamini and Arteta are both unbearably poo poo, Wengy must buy or walk.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Breath Ray posted:

always liked ander herrera, what a debut season he had. all tjhe best ander
He's a cool player and I hope he still starts a lot of games

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Legit gutted about Schneiderlin as an Arsenal fan.

wenger nearly swerved off the road when he learned they wanted 25m

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jenkinson signed a 5 year extension.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Every cloud

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Im sad to see man united making logical and good signings but for the purposes of the banter zone im going to claim they're all poo poo and will flop

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jenko to city for £35m

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

it would have been cool if wengy got a defensive midfielder for the inevitable injury crisis and traditional gypsy curse on a player who had a good previous season

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

TelekineticBear! posted:

Im sad to see man united making logical and good signings but for the purposes of the banter zone im going to claim they're all poo poo and will flop

Just ignore their signings and focus on the fact that it's just a matter of time before LVG falls out with the board and/or players.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Schweiny is a past it fraud at this point, literally held together with duct tape and clenbuterol.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Schweiny is a past it fraud at this point, literally held together with duct tape and clenbuterol.

Far East Schweinsteiger Jersey sales will easily justify the purchase.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Paperhouse posted:

He's a cool player and I hope he still starts a lot of games

United's midfield is going to be old and slow. Carrick and Schweinsteiger, with Fellaini just in front of them. Big time fail.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Always wanted Schweinsteiger for the cool Whites but now we have Kroos so it's OK

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Schweini is not understanding a single world he's saying.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Noted classy guy Ryan Giggs wearing a tie with short sleeves.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
noted brother's wife fucker ryan giggs shares some wisdom with the new signing

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

"we're all brothers here, now where's that wife of yours?"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dunban posted:

Schweini is not understanding a single world he's saying.

something something "gaping holes" something something "particularly muted christmas dinner that year"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Noted classy guy Ryan Giggs wearing a tie with short sleeves.

Looks like he just got promoted to assistant manager of the IT department.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Where's Schweinsteiger's cuppa? Typical foreigner making zero effort to integrate themselves into our culture

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

___________/
And then we scored again in the last minute to win it lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Giggs asking if he has any pics of his wife on his iPhone

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ninpo posted:

___________/
And then we scored again in the last minute to win it lol

But that's not a picture of Aguero talking to Sterling???

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Begovic is nearing boldability

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Lloris has broken his wrist and will likely miss the start of the season, so he's not going anywhere anytime soon

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
After releasing 11 players asap, the Owls continue to strengthen their team with three new additions including one from Celta Vigo. We're certainly looking like the team to beat this time around, rather than the team to eke out a goalless draw with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33477557

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

Begovic is nearing boldability

I thought it was already done? Picture of him posing with a scarf and everything was on the ESPN FC rumor blog this morning.

Also Stephen El Shaarawy to Monaco is a done deal . Not on the website but it is on the official club twitter.

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco/status/620661598810718208/photo/1

Akileese fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 13, 2015

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I like the Owls I hope they do something interesting this season instead of dicking about in midtable forever

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Akileese posted:

I thought it was already done? Picture of him posing with a scarf and everything was on the ESPN FC rumor blog this morning.

Yeah, it's on Chelsea's site. Done Deal.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Akileese posted:

i didn't think chelsea had confirmed but it looks like they have

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/first-words--asmir-begovic.html

Glen Johnson to Stoke is also done there are pictures of him in training and stuff

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

I like the Owls I hope they do something interesting this season instead of dicking about in midtable forever

Just a question of getting a proven scorer on board, something we achieved with the signing of Nacional forward Marco Matias for an undisclosed fee.
The 26-year-old, who scored 20 goals in 36 appearances for the Portuguese top flight side last season, has penned a four-year deal at Hillsborough. The former Portugal Under-21 international started his career with Sporting Lisbon and also played for Guimaraes in the 2013-14 Europa League. He could make his full debut for the Owls against Bristol City on 8 August.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33460793

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

I hope the opposite IMO

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Someone set up the Fantasy Premier League thread for this year so I can do a fully sick midfield of solely Man Utd players

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I had no idea Schneiderlin has been at Saints since 2008, I thought they'd bought him when they came up last time. I think he's been ever so marginally hyped up, but that midfield depth has exploded in quality in the last 48 hours. If they now buy the striker that Falcao was supposed to be then it feels like a transformed team. I'm just glad Jose Mourinho will beat them.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Schneiderlin has been our best player for years apart from maybe that period when Rodriguez couldn't stop scoring goals and is going to be an excellent player for Utd. Of all the departures we've had over the last couple of years his is the one that hurts the most but if I'm being honest Schneiderlin deserves to be playing at the highest level which he wouldn't get with us.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's going to be funny when it turns out Fonte made him look good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

reformed bad troll posted:

Someone set up the Fantasy Premier League thread for this year so I can do a fully sick midfield of solely Man Utd players

Go do it in the forum that's for that dumb poo poo and then never talk about it again.

• Locked thread