Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I mean when the highest content you've completed is Research Facility i guess you can go by that but generally in big boy content the fights are too visually cluttered to stare for a tiny effect instead of using a macro or saying something over ye olde mumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Sentient Data posted:

gently caress you, my buttons are sacred and EVERYONE will have to know when I actually play the game.

Battle Voice has a 300s cooldown and that needs to be on a macro letting everyone know how stupid they are at spending their mp/tp that I had to use it
Sidewinder has a 60s cooldown and I need to make sure everyone praises me for the DPS that I bring
Heavy Shot and its 2.5s cooldown? That spells macro to me, everyone needs to know I'm doing my job

{Blunt Arrow}{Just Used It} <se.3>

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
If both hitting provoke with precise timing and clearly communicating that it was used are mission critical, just make the "YO I HIT PROVOKE SHITLORD" callout be a separate button from the actual spell.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So now that we know MCH isn't as bad a class as we thought, just wanna ask how demanding it is to actually play. How hard is it compared to other DPS? I'm a career healer looking into branching into DPS (and I main SCH, so SMN is not much of a vacation), but I'm not actually very good at the whole DPS thing, so I'm waffling back and forth on which to pick.

MCH is the hardest dps class to play and probably has the lowest risk/reward payoff, in terms of overall dps numbers. Its no slouch in terms of dps but the things you have to do and know to play well is higher than other dps classes. That said I do enjoy playing MCH and getting wildfire right feels real good, but getting wildfire wrong feels real bad man.

In the end its not super important if you are not great at the class as no fight in the game yet requires you to be great and if you dont plan on doing any of that content when it comes out then it doesnt matter. Play it if you like how it plays.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Doublestep posted:

I mean when the highest content you've completed is Research Facility i guess you can go by that but generally in big boy content the fights are too visually cluttered to stare for a tiny effect instead of using a macro or saying something over ye olde mumble

I have my resolution set above 640x480 and Provoke is a very distinct animation that stands out in even the busiest of fights. Please :gitgud:

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Doublestep posted:

Please do not use Provoke macros.

Pins fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 13, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why are people still arguing about this? The whole thing is moot because

Fister Roboto posted:

Even if you have battle effects turned completely off, you still see the text popup for provoke.

Stop making excuses for being bad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I play with hud disabled and graphics off.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Open the pet tab of your abilities window. You can drag the abilities to your hotbar from there. You do have to mash the button a bit even without the macro though.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about that whole window (Let me tell you how I found out the three mudra ninjitsu combinations at first! :v: ). I'll give it a spin and hopefully it means I can get bane off sooner.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Doublestep posted:

Stop. This is contributing nothing.

Vermain posted:

If your ping is 100+, I agree, but I have not had a single issue with a 70 average ping using utility macros for Hallowed Ground/Provoke/Divine Veil.

Do not use Hallowed Ground macros. Divine Veil is okay, since many healers are not used to it being A Thing yet.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Speaking of Divine Veil, when are the best times to use it? I've figured out what to do with most of my new abilities, but I'm still kind of feeling out that one.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rincewind posted:

Speaking of Divine Veil, when are the best times to use it? I've figured out what to do with most of my new abilities, but I'm still kind of feeling out that one.

When Melee are going to take a strong hit the extra barrier is nice. Or if it's a boss like Mr. "SIT-NERS WILL BE PURGED" you can maneuver to hit everyone with the barrier for one of his big AoE's since he doesn't have a cleave.

It's not very crucial though since 10% of max hp on a PLD isn't a lot when everyone's pushing 10k+ numbers.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

"SIT-NERS WILL BE PURGED"

Are you serious.

Rincewind posted:

I try to use it on cooldown (within reason) unless I know about predictable radiwide damage I want to save it for.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

EponymousMrYar posted:

"SIT-NERS WILL BE PURGED"

you loving what

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rincewind posted:

It takes a lot of coordination and foresight. If it's to mitigate a raidbuster like Gigaflare, I like to pop it right when I see Sacred Soil getting put down, because everyone's going to group up there and it will usually be followed up by a Succor which will trigger the shield. Alternatively, you can just pop it on cooldown when there's a lot of raidwide damage going out, like in the second phase of Bismarck EX.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Rez macros are cool.

/ac “Raise” <t>
/p Soul of <t>, withdrawn from it's vessel. Get back in your corpse, if it ain't too much hassle.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I use a macro for Living Dead and that's about it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Please stop using provoke on each other, ty :)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I know he's saying sinners but I also know that I'm not the only one who's ears interpret the pause in there as a sharp T sound. :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

I know he's saying sinners but I also know that I'm not the only one who's ears interpret the pause in there as a sharp T sound. :colbert:

Oh my god.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Oh god you're serious.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
what other dialogue does the strange lipstick wearing elf man say :allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
How are SMN's looking in 3.0 content?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Better than they ever were in 2.x, by a large margin.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If the game has flavour of the month classes, I'd say SMN would be one. They're looking pretty drat good, but I think every primal or Alex fight I do has 2+.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They can cast Akh Morn and Teraflare, that's all you really need to know.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

EponymousMrYar posted:

it's 'sickness must be purged' mate

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

As an apology for 2.X tri-disaster it got renamed tri-bind and at lv54 or 56 you get new hot and sexy tri-disaster which is a one minute cooldown that applies the big three dots all at once. At lv52 you get an aoe attack that does burst damage. Also

Fister Roboto posted:

They can cast Akh Morn and Teraflare, that's all you really need to know.

SMN is pretty fun right now! Way better than 2.X SMN.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The 52-60 abilities are so good that getting synced down to 50 as SMN is as :ughh: as getting synced to 30- as BLM is, or 26- as DRG

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mazed posted:

Rez macros are cool.

/ac “Raise” <t>
/p Soul of <t>, withdrawn from it's vessel. Get back in your corpse, if it ain't too much hassle.

The only good res macro is that one someone posted a while back that looks like gil seller spam.

acu
Oct 13, 2014

vOv posted:

The only good res macro is that one someone posted a while back that looks like gil seller spam.

Have a res macro that tells everyone just how much MP you have wasted reviving them.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Nipponophile posted:

Try again tomorrow morning. The servers are coming down tonight for a patch, which will kick out all the people who never log off, so when they come back up will be your best chance to join us.

Do the patches usually run for the entire scheduled window, or do they often end earlier/later? The notice says it ends at 3AM PDT, which would be perfect since that's right when I wake up (on the East coast, not a crazy person)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

EponymousMrYar posted:

I don't know how anyone can do that boss more than once and not have SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED etched into their mind

Daveski posted:

Do the patches usually run for the entire scheduled window, or do they often end earlier/later? The notice says it ends at 3AM PDT, which would be perfect since that's right when I wake up (on the East coast, not a crazy person)

If anything, they tend to come up 15-30min early. I can't remember the last time a patch went late, including the launch stuff.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Niton posted:

I don't know how anyone can do that boss more than once and not have SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED etched into their mind

I'm almost looking forward to leveling WHM at some point after I tire of MNK, just so I can see how hard the healer check really is--it just hasn't SEEMED that hard from a DPS perspective, but then I usually don't fall victim to the mechanics (anymore :v:)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mazed posted:

Rez macros are cool.

/ac “Raise” <t>

I had this one addon for WoW Warlocks that had a bunch of text macros for a bunch of actions. My favorites were the ones for soulstones

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I'm almost looking forward to leveling WHM at some point after I tire of MNK, just so I can see how hard the healer check really is--it just hasn't SEEMED that hard from a DPS perspective, but then I usually don't fall victim to the mechanics (anymore :v:)

it's not

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Good to know, I'm not really feeling NIN and wanted to do something ranged and MCH wasn't doing it for me and my SMN is mid-40's.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Good to know, I'm not really feeling NIN and wanted to do something ranged and MCH wasn't doing it for me and my SMN is mid-40's.

Summoner is loving baller. My fastest runs in any HW content have summoners. They got a ton of love.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Doublestep posted:

It's okay, once Gaga finally finds that one true tank that can communicate telepathically they will shoot up to be the world's best tanking duo

Then if they are drift compatable will they team up in alexander to fight the dravinian's Kaiju?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I'm trying to use ACT and it seems to be working but it's not reading anything or parsing anything. Help?

• Locked thread