Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

You'd think they'd at least have announced the station that's airing them by now

Like yeah, it's super obvious it's gonna be Destination America, but it still seems weird to me to be a week away from doing a TV taping and still have no announced way of airing it

if it is DA, then we'd probably hear something closer to Sept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Boy oh boy did that last page kill most of the vague curiosity I had regarding the company.

It really seems like he's trying to resurrect TNA under a new name.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
The Triple Crown was two-thirds titles that predated the promotion itself and had been founded in another country. NJPW didn't have its own world title until 15 years into the promotion's existence. The UWFI used Lou Thesz's original 1950s NWA title belt as their own. Soon Jeff Jarrett will inaugurate four titles on the same show in front of an audience of a few hundred in a promotion that probably won't exist in a year's time. Times have changed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NEX*GEN named in such a way they can just use the tna x division belt they had repainted green for some reason

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Starting up a company by running 4 separate tournaments at once.

loving fantastic, Jeff.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
it's about drat time we have a title belt designated with an asterisk

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Jeff what are you even doing man

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

dsriggs posted:

Starting up a company by running 4 separate tournaments at once.

loving fantastic, Jeff.

Russo :tinfoil:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's nice to see that Jeff learned his lessons from TNA and things are going to be TOTALLY different this time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

It's nice to see that Jeff learned his lessons from TNA and things are going to be TOTALLY different this time.

The weekly PPV model will work so much better now, thanks to the FLIPPS app! That was totally the problem before, no app.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Spermgod posted:

The Triple Crown was two-thirds titles that predated the promotion itself and had been founded in another country. NJPW didn't have its own world title until 15 years into the promotion's existence. The UWFI used Lou Thesz's original 1950s NWA title belt as their own. Soon Jeff Jarrett will inaugurate four titles on the same show in front of an audience of a few hundred in a promotion that probably won't exist in a year's time. Times have changed.

I think this is a pretty weak criticism.

"LOLGFW they have belts lol LOL this fed is doomed because Jarrett is establishing titles"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as long as they stick to setting up angles based on in-ring action, they'll be fine.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Honestly, Jarrett's been gradually pushing the roster towards respectability as well. Gargano and Ciampa were on some of the second round of ballpark shows, it's getting to the point where when he starts taping 'TV' he might actually be able to put some decent cards together.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
People aren't concerned about a total lack of talent in GFW. They're concerned about the TNA2.0 thing coming true and leading to some really great workers wasting their best years doing stupid matches with stupid booking in stupid storylines.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Aren't a good number of them only allowed to do house show type events or was that only TNA that had that sort of restriction on talent?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Honestly, Jarrett's been gradually pushing the roster towards respectability as well. Gargano and Ciampa were on some of the second round of ballpark shows, it's getting to the point where when he starts taping 'TV' he might actually be able to put some decent cards together.

The roster isn't the problem in my eyes, it's the piss poor booking. At the Erie show the matches were bad not because of the talent, but because of the stupid booking/match calling decisions. I don't think there was a single match over 10 minutes and there was an hour and a half of wrestling between 6 matches (including entrances, downtime, and angles). Within each of those matches at least a quarter was rest holds and other dull stuff that shouldn't be happening in such short matches.

Also here's the lineup for the TV taping, where again the talent is good, but I still don't really trust the booking:

Global Championship Tournament
Brian Myers (formerly Curt Hawkins) vs. Chris Mortedzky (formerly Chris Masters)

Bobby Roode vs. TBA

Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus)

Tag Team Championship Tournament
Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA vs. Reno SCUM

NEX GEN Championship Tournament
PJ Black (formerly Justin Gabriel) vs. Seiya Sanada

NEX GEN Championship Tournament
Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Women's Championship Tournament
Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei'D Tapa

Bestia 666, Blood Eagle & Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star, Zokre & Misterioso Jr.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've seen guys work that style when they're saving their bodies for the next date/better pay day. I'm not convinced Jeff's money is as good as he tries to make it seem.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Jigsaw and Sonjay Dutt battle for the inaugural NEX*GEN title reign. They're 31 and 33 respectively and have been wrestling for 13 and 15 years, again respectively. These sure are up-and-comers you got in your youngboi division, Jeff.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

coconono posted:

I've seen guys work that style when they're saving their bodies for the next date/better pay day. I'm not convinced Jeff's money is as good as he tries to make it seem.

I'd probably agree with that because someone like AR Fox would normally be doing a bunch of crazy poo poo, but in his match he did like 1 flip and I don't think PJ Black even did one top rope move. It really did seem like a bunch of them were phoning it in now that I look back on it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
no dustin makes me sad. maybe it's for real that it's over for him :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
its cool that he booked kongo kong and mexicans though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kongo Kong vs Magnus

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
hunky roided white guy vs. sloppy fat black guy wearing a diaper with incredibly racist gimmick is a match we need more of

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They apparently have a store up and half the items for sale are 8x10's of Jeff and Karen.

http://globalforcewrestling.richardsandsouthern.com/

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
imagine someone buying that guitar

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

Kongo Kong vs Magnus

They've run that match at each of the 3 recent shows. It stunk when I saw it, but Kong did a moonsault and fat dude moonsaults are always good. Hopefully by time the TV taping rolls around they'll have worked out a decent match.

Spermgod posted:

imagine someone buying that guitar

They sold at least 5 of them in Erie and you got a backstage meeting with Jeff and Karen.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
jesus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

legit wanna see that sanada vs. black match

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I assume Jeff is referring to the Flippydo title by a goofy name rather than a weight class to avoid the concern that it sets an artificial ceiling, as the Cruiserweights had in WCW. That was the point doof the X Division being about NO LIIMITS, NOT WEIGHT LIMITS. Still, supposedly focusing it on youth seems just as artificially limiting to an extent.

I wasn't aware Bobby Roode had Joined The Force. Did he leave TNA altogether?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Niwrad posted:

They apparently have a store up and half the items for sale are 8x10's of Jeff and Karen.

http://globalforcewrestling.richardsandsouthern.com/

I get a very Wynn Duffy vibe from Jeff in those pictures.

That sounds about right.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Jigsaw and Sonjay Dutt battle for the inaugural NEX*GEN title reign. They're 31 and 33 respectively and have been wrestling for 13 and 15 years, again respectively. These sure are up-and-comers you got in your youngboi division, Jeff.

You know at some point 87 year old Christopher Daniels will wrestle for the NEX*GEN title.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Getting flashbacks to 7-or-so-year company veteran AJ "The Future of TNA" Styles

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

After months of speculation, Wrestling Inc has learned that Cyrus Fees will be the play-by-play voice of Global Force wrestling, starting with the company's television tapings next weekend.

Fees is a 32 year old who has worked for several mixed martial arts promotions as both a ring announcer and play-by-play announcer. He also is President of The Hip Show Arena Combat International.

Fees will join former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen in the booth for GFW's first set of tapings.

Who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C38EAo_dRg4

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

gently caress that announcer guy, I need to watch that sport right now

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

he was intolerable on the american re-broadcast of hip show, this dude sucks hard

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

gently caress that announcer guy, I need to watch that sport right now

Seriously what the gently caress is that and where can I see more of it?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's Hip Show, a Russian mma/obstalce course thing and it used to air on AXS.tv

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hip Show. A Russian team sport that mixed mix martial arts and Japanese game show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

there's hours of it on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know what a Casey Oxendine is but I'm going to get my lawn sprayed for them.

• Locked thread