Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Fancy Corndog posted:

is verizon fios still bad for this game?

All the people that I know who are constantly having routing issues have Verizon so probably yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Fancy Corndog posted:

is verizon fios still bad for this game?

In my experience they're fine except at around 8pm they start throttling the network and the game becomes an unplayable shitshow for the rest of the night unless you run WTFast. So yeah actually not fine.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

WTFast are terrible awful "gamerz" assholes but apparently at least you can use the service for complete free now and it works well to get around Verizon throttling so please check it I guess

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Can a parser be installed on a pc to pull packets from a ps4? If so does it have to be on a hub or will it work on a switched network?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I find it funny that I'm using my verizon wireless tethering to play the game and have no problems with it yet a friend with fios keeps bitching about it.

Also I had fios in socal and it was great, i miss it dearly.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

Can a parser be installed on a pc to pull packets from a ps4? If so does it have to be on a hub or will it work on a switched network?

Not right now and probably never.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sentient Data posted:

I don't think that's been a thing since EQ1, sadly.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Opposing Farce posted:

There's a clan on Ultros with the tag <ESRB> and I've always liked that one.

High five fellow Ultros Goon.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Ultros sucks

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Quick post before I go to bed for you crafting goons, are there any websites out there with rotations for each skill level? EG. 1-star, 2-star, etc.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So is the preferred method of making HQ 50-59 items any different than I have been doing it? Mostly I do Inner Quiet > Steady Hand II > Hasty Touch > Manipulation when my Durability is low while throwing in Tricks of the Trade when it procs.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

You can approach most 51-60 crafts as a three star craft when you're not wearing full HQ and you'll be correct.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fat_Cow posted:

So is the preferred method of making HQ 50-59 items any different than I have been doing it? Mostly I do Inner Quiet > Steady Hand II > Hasty Touch > Manipulation when my Durability is low while throwing in Tricks of the Trade when it procs.

Use master's mend 2 instead if it's a high durability craft. Use comfort zone for a free 16 CP. Keep track of your CP and make sure you have enough to do steady hand->great strides->innovation->byregot's blessing at the end. Use steady hand 2 for progress.

e: I assume you knew some or all of this but I just wanted to make sure you weren't missing something basic.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Precise Touch if you have Steady Hand II up if you are <9 stacks.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

cheetah7071 posted:

Use master's mend 2 instead if it's a high durability craft. Use comfort zone for a free 16 CP. Keep track of your CP and make sure you have enough to do steady hand->great strides->innovation->byregot's blessing at the end. Use steady hand 2 for progress.

e: I assume you knew some or all of this but I just wanted to make sure you weren't missing something basic.

Maybe I should get a goldsmith and Alchemist to 50 for those cross class then. Is Byregot's Blessing better than Byregot's brow at 51 since I Don't have a level 50 Carpenter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You want to use Precise Touch instead of Tricks if you can spare the CP and you have Steady Hand II up.

Brow is worse than Blessing unless you have 6 IQ stacks or less, so it's mostly a last ditch if you get unlucky.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 14, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fat_Cow posted:

Maybe I should get a goldsmith and Alchemist to 50 for those cross class then. Is Byregot's Blessing better than Byregot's brow at 51 since I Don't have a level 50 Carpenter.

If you're serious about crafting, byregot's blessing is completely non-negotiable. The other stuff I mentioned can be done without, but nothing replaces blessing. That said, if you just want to be able to made your own food for raids or whatever, you can probably force through enough HQs using the scrip action that gives you tons of goods.

e: Brow would probably be an ok replacement for blessing if it were usable on normal quality, but as it is it's just so RNG-dependent that I find it useless. Just lining it up with great strides can be a huge headache.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I spent like an hour just sitting in a corner crafting tonight. I think I'm sold on this game, for worse or worse.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

Cabinet posted:

Ultros sucks

cool skeleton AV

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

You should make a soul eater anime refrence

edit: I'm leveling WHM and just had my first bad tank

First of all this mother fucker had serious ADD. 55 BRD, 52 SMN/SCH, 51 BLM and was tanking on a 20 MRD. Second, he didn't know what AOE was or target switching so it ended up where he'd pull, then I'd get aggro from 2/3 mobs, the bard would pull one off me, and I'd have to heal three god drat people. gently caress I hate people.

I did get all three comms though

It's a lv 20 dungeon. Dps will be tanking.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
Is Monk a fun class to play as? Dragoon has been fun so far but I've been wanting to explore other classes a bit.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Peakay posted:

Is Monk a fun class to play as? Dragoon has been fun so far but I've been wanting to explore other classes a bit.

Monks have almost all their combo attacks as positionals and are more sustained DPS compared to Dragoon's burst DPS.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
http://www.garlandtools.org/bell/

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

When do servers come back up?

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
Just picked up Heavensward a couple days ago. Grinding sidequests :shepicide:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

biopanda posted:

When do servers come back up?

3 AM PST.

More often than not, though, it'll come up about an hour early. But not guaranteed.

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

3 AM PST.

More often than not, though, it'll come up about an hour early. But not guaranteed.

My ONE night to play aaaand servers go down :(

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Oh My

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yup.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So how active is the goon guild on Cactuar?

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

I knew about this beforehand, but drat, they've really expanded the arsenal. It's pretty fuckin' sweet, even compared to how it was before. It was a pretty great node tracker/recipe lookup/checklist before...

Now it's kind of a one-stop shop for everything you need.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Does this not adjust to your local clock?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

The following adjustments have been made:
If a pet has been summoned, it will now automatically leave the battlefield when getting on a mount in “Alexander - The Cuff of the Father”.

Aw.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
And still no fix for right click-doing something too fast.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
For a new account, is the base game included with a Heavensward key or will I need to buy A ream reborn first?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You need to buy both seperately BUT don't buy a Heavensward key until you've completely and utterly finished the A Realm Reborn storyline, because all it lets you do before that is make a dragondemonperson as your character.

e:v As far as I know you can actually hit 60 without Heavensward but it'd be absolute pain to do so

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 14, 2015

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Cool thanks, chances are I wont make it to max level anyway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fumble posted:

For a new account, is the base game included with a Heavensward key or will I need to buy A ream reborn first?

There are two versions: the upgrade and complete. Complete is $60.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282160/final-fantasy-xiv-online-pc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fumble posted:

Cool thanks, chances are I wont make it to max level anyway.

If that's the case do a free trial and see how you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
When will this hellish maintenance be over?

• Locked thread