Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Great chapter, but it only makes me wonder if we're reaching the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Covok posted:

I believe the raws are at what, 110-120 chapters?

So no.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Covok posted:

Yeah, just because this is happening doesn't mean that everyone will stop being dumb all of the sudden. There is much hilarity to be had.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Finally. Can't wait to see the reactions next chapter.

Also, Nagisa's ship turns around in the last panel.... :smith:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Asahi/Youko chapters rule.

Volume 12 just came out and it covers to chapter 106. The manga keeps getting better in terms of laughs, heart, and artwork, so no worries about nearing the end. It's still going full steam.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean scans have hit up to Chapter 100 so far, and I've found raws for up to 119.

Korean scans are coming out everyday at 7 am. I dunno how they do it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd be more excited about the chapter if the manga hadn't stretched it out so long to get there.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nate RFB posted:

I'd be more excited about the chapter if the manga hadn't stretched it out so long to get there.

It's not as if the story in-between felt overly stretched or contrived up to this point. It flowed well, with lots of character development and comedy along the way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know, I've kind of gone from liking the class rep to not when they've spent like 15 chapters on her psyching herself up to confess and/or get turned down. Well the one where she was competing with Mikan was good though.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Nate RFB posted:

Contrast the pacing with any of the other rom coms on the market except Ore Monogatari(which is an utter aberration in so many ways). I'd choose Jiwawawa over pretty much all of them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Other series being bad does not excuse this one from having the potential to do a plot point better but failing to do so.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tbh maybe I'm reading the wrong (right?) Romcoms, but most are like finished in less chapters than this, and get the couple together earlier. I mean you can compare it to nisekoi but being better than nisekoi is a super low bar

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
all right, but now compare it to a harem series.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I mean, don't kid yourself, this is a comedy before it's a romance. We couldn't advance the relationship before getting all the good "awkward half-romance" jokes our of our system. At least it always felt like it had a direction; The relationship never really regressed, and Youko was always the clear winner.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Comparatively I feel like they've handled the Mikan side of things a lot better, and she's turned out to be a better character for it as time went on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nate RFB posted:

Comparatively I feel like they've handled the Mikan side of things a lot better, and she's turned out to be a better character for it as time went on.

Well yeah, but comparatively Mikan is a much easier character to write than "idiot savant military miniature alien girl who doesn't understand what love is and needs someone to show her." I get your complaint, for what it's worth, since I do think some of class rep's chapters haven't been as great, but on the other hand it's better to just get her stuff done with now regardless of how it really turns out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would be more excited about this chapter if this wasn't the wrong choice

It's never the right choice though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aizawa had her chance and squandered it a year (two years?) ago. It was she who made the wrong decision.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

I would be more excited about this chapter if this wasn't the wrong choice

It's never the right choice though

Lol

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

I mean, don't kid yourself, this is a comedy before it's a romance. We couldn't advance the relationship before getting all the good "awkward half-romance" jokes our of our system. At least it always felt like it had a direction; The relationship never really regressed, and Youko was always the clear winner.

Yeah, but just one time I would like to read a story like this were the relationship advances into an actual relationship and then continues into this new wonderland of potential jokes instead of just ending. I've seen comics were this romance-status quo bullshit continued for something like 36+ volumes and after some point I experienced serious romance fatigue and had to stop.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Libluini posted:

Yeah, but just one time I would like to read a story like this were the relationship advances into an actual relationship and then continues into this new wonderland of potential jokes instead of just ending. I've seen comics were this romance-status quo bullshit continued for something like 36+ volumes and after some point I experienced serious romance fatigue and had to stop.

You're pretty much looking at My Love Story, Bonnouji, and not a whole lot else, then

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Libluini posted:

That was called Kimi no Iru Machi and it was really boring

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Bonnouji was a rad series.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Libluini posted:

The whole "will they won't they" tension gets to feeling very contrived in a lot of series and it's dumb and I hate it. It feels like very weak writing. Yandere Kanojo does the thing you are describing, I enjoyed it but I don't know if it's actually a good manga.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yandere kanojo is real good, actually

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

i can confirm this

edit: just so we're clear, what herbotron means is that the main couple gets together very early on. not that it goes 36+ volumes without any resolution.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 14, 2015

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

i can confirm this

edit: just so we're clear, what herbotron means is that the main couple gets together very early on. not that it goes 36+ volumes without any resolution.

Correct, sorry if that was ambiguous.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Bonnouji was a rad series.

Cake Attack posted:

Seconded on both of these.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Yea, this. Though I see Yandere Kanojo more as a comedy instead.

Just saw some spoilers, strap in guys, we are in for good fun.

sunburnedcrow fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 14, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yandere kanojo gets pretty serious at times later on.

if were comparing it to jitsu wa, far more so I'd say

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
if only it got translated more. and half the time when a new chapter does pop up, its an old one instead of the current storyline.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I'd compare Yandare Kanojo more to something like My Romcom SNAFU where it ends up being a lot more serious than its premise suggests.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You guys are being dumb again!

... it's cute, though, so you may continue.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
The faces in the new episode today were pretty good. I enjoyed it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I can't get over Aizawa's voice in the anime, I always imagined her with a fairly deep voice, actually, as sounding more like a 12 or 13 year old boy than a teenage girl.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

I can't get over Aizawa's voice in the anime, I always imagined her with a fairly deep voice, actually, as sounding more like a 12 or 13 year old boy than a teenage girl.

Agreed. Though the one thing that really keeps eating me is that they shortened everyone's skirts. WHY.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Agreed. Though the one thing that really keeps eating me is that they shortened everyone's skirts. WHY.

For the BD sales. Please don't make me elaborate.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i want a girl with a short skirt

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Cake Attack posted:

and a loooooooooooong jacket,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

pointlessone posted:

and a loooooooooooong jacket,

:golfclap: