Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Go do it in the forum that's for that dumb poo poo and then never talk about it again.

I'm a fantasist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

sassassin posted:

It's going to be funny when it turns out Fonte made him look good too.

The day day Fonte leaves is the day we start our silde back to League One

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

Go do it in the forum that's for that dumb poo poo and then never talk about it again.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

thanks for the advice.

Also, who do I see about a my little pony avatar?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

Noted classy guy Ryan Giggs wearing a tie with short sleeves.

Forreal

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

___________/
And then we scored again in the last minute to win it lol

Lol.

Some good signings by United and I'm almost certain they're going to bring in a ridiculous forward too.

Certainly shaping up to be a more interesting season than last. Almost every team has made a big time signing. Except WBA, those cheap bastards.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
United fans were excited about their signings last summer too, and half of them were pretty bad

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Remember when Spurs signed a bunch of garbagemen after they sold Bale and everyone in this forum was like omg they gonna be so good

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

El Hefe posted:

Remember when Spurs signed a bunch of garbagemen after they sold Bale and everyone in this forum was like omg they gonna be so good

Not me. Hadn't heard of any of them. Still haven't to be honest. Sandero or something? No clue. Don't give a gently caress about Spurs.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I think Lamela would have turned out better under managers who actually wanted him. He was so good at Roma it's sad to think of the wasted potential.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Rumour is United are after Cavani to replace RvP.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Glen Johnson managed to look even less impressed about his move to Stoke than Aaron Lennon did when he went to Everton.

Not quite Anelka at WBA levels though.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
ireckon stoke must be fun to play for, no pressure and real team spirit then at the weekend you can go out to a proper town and havbe it large incognito

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Raphael Honigstein is reporting that the fee for Schweinsteiger was a little under £11 million

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
German superman sold for 10.88 million

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bea Nanner posted:

€14.88 million, surely.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

pik_d posted:

€14.88 million, surely.
not enough

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

8raz posted:

not enough
literally never happened

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

Nice of Man Utd to buy back every holocaust victim for one British pound.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Di Maria to PSG is happening?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

hadji murad posted:

United fans were excited about their signings last summer too, and half of them were pretty bad

Did di maria ever have a good game? What a shame he was

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
According to Spanish journalist Kike (tehe) Marin, Wenger has been talking to Benzema and the latter will push for a move if Benitez plans on making Ronaldo the main striker. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the "signing of the season" malarkey.

kike tends to be a bit hit and miss with his info, though he's never spouted tancredi Palermo levels of bullshit.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Humphrey Vasel posted:

He did that lob that was a bit tasty. I was worried that Woodward had actually bought someone good at that point.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Humphrey Vasel posted:

At the start of the season he was looking good then just totally lost it and then his head totally went and he couldnt get a 5 yard pass right. In the second half of the season he was one of the worst players Ive ever seen, everything he did went wrong.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I would rather United kept Di Maria. He's shite.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

Ewar Woowar posted:

I would rather United kept Di Maria. He's shite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2bGe3fcZE4

:ironicat:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

The Big Taff Man posted:

At the start of the season he was looking good then just totally lost it and then his head totally went and he couldnt get a 5 yard pass right. In the second half of the season he was one of the worst players Ive ever seen, everything he did went wrong.

It was textbook United where they buy a guy because he was brilliant in one position, then they play him in that position and he's great, and then decide they don't want to play him in that position and his game goes to poo poo.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Lot 49 posted:

It was textbook United where they buy a guy because he was brilliant in one position, then they play him in that position and he's great, and then decide they don't want to play him in that position and his game goes to poo poo.

If a professional footballer can't play in a slightly different position without becoming pub league standard then maybe they aren't "brilliant" after all???

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Your pub league must be of a significantly higher standard than mine.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Di Maria was never brilliant

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Lot 49 posted:

Your pub league must be of a significantly higher standard than mine.

He was absolutely dire. I can understand someone's game dropping off a bit if they aren't in the preferred position but it's not like he was being played at full back.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Yeah he was pretty terrible. There was one home game right near the end of the season when he came off the bench and it was honestly as bad as Bebe in that game he played against West Ham. Mental that he could play so bad that Young kept him out the team on merit but still only Cazorla and Fabregas got more assists, some shameful playmakers in the league last season.

I know the position thing doesn't really explain it I am just sick of United doing it over and over and over again that I have to vent from time to time :)

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 14, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I'd complain about the position thing but Di Maria went so bad it was horrible, it wasnt like he was just messing up skill moves (he was messing those up) but he couldnt even pass sideways without it going wrong. I've never seen someones head go so bad, it was horrible to watch. It was scary seeing him brought on in games near the end because you knew he'd lose posession a bunch.

Ive no clue how he got so many assists tbh, I can think of 2 where he shot and it hit one of his own team and deflected in (both herrera I think), and a couple where he did a bad pass or cross but the receiver did well to recover the ball and score (Fellaini vs west brom and mata vs liverpool)

I'd keep him tho if he can get mentally ok again. Players like him are game changers when theyre on form.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Sadly, they can be gamechangers when they're off form too.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

What position did Di Maria play in? He spent his first seasons playing on the right for Madrid, and last season playing midfield. He played on the left the entire time for Benfica so...

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hegay posted:

What position did Di Maria play in? He spent his first seasons playing on the right for Madrid, and last season playing midfield. He played on the left the entire time for Benfica so...

loving everywhere tbh

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Has there been any interest for Hazard from big clubs? Seems strange to have so much attention lavished upon Pogba and Sterling from big European and domestic clubs when an arguably superior playmaker like him is left out of the picture. Thought he would have been a prime target for Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Has there been any interest for Hazard from big clubs? Seems strange to have so much attention lavished upon Pogba and Sterling from big European and domestic clubs when an arguably superior playmaker like him is left out of the picture. Thought he would have been a prime target for Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

Last seen in Jazz Richards' pocket.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Didn't he just sign a new deal? There's no chance Chelsea would sell him anyway, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Hegay posted:

He started in midfield and was great. Then he played some games upfront and wasn't terrible but didn't seem to know what he was doing. Then he got moved to the wings and just got worse and worse.

• Locked thread