Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

From James Robert's twitter. This is amazing

I don't see what the Tales series has to do with transformers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

The_Doctor posted:

Verity, Whirl, and ...?

from left to right I believer it's Rung, ?, Tailgate, Magnus, Whirl & Skids. Rung and Skids are based off their cover avatars

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

from left to right I believer it's Rung, ?, Tailgate, Magnus, Whirl & Skids. Rung and Skids are based off their cover avatars

Yep, they're from the cover of Cybertronian Homesick Blues, at least Skids and Rung (and Verity, but she appeared that way in Last Stand of the Wreckers), that's why I didn't recognize them. The ? is Cyclonus, from the July 2015 cover of MTMTE.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Boo, no Swerve :(

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Serperoth posted:

And Verity is not the Verity from that scene of MTMTE :colbert:

It's the cover to that comic

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...
I still maintain that they didn't show Rodimus' holomatter avatar because they couldn't get the rights to Megan Fox's likeness.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Get $10 off a $50 spend at HTS with the code 'JulySave'. Plus spending over $50 gets you free shipping, so that's good. No Magnus up there yet. :(

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Toe Thumb's inability to act makes her far from perfect enough for Rodimus' ego.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

When he's fully combined he's amazing.

I really hate the groove chestpiece so I have him using groove as a gun. I'm almost certain that Groove's gun mode will be mentioned when Skylynx comes out since Wreckgar is the Legend component to him.

I don't like the official transformation either, but this one sits pretty flush with Defesnsor's chest piece, it's growing on me. It's pretty secure. Sure, it's just Groove holding on to Defensor's chest like a monkey, but his crotch isn't in Defensor's face anymore!

I don't like Groove as a gun because the slightest breeze will send his arms everywhere, making it a very unconvincing gun.

I've said this before, but if you look at Victorion, she has smaller chest-flaps. It's very obvious in fire truck mode. Those smaller flaps make Rust Dust a more organic fit, which is why I feel Hotspot is the remold of Magna, from the better use of the gimmick there.

EDIT: Oh hey, the picture feature on the Awful app works again!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've said this before, but if you look at Victorion, she has smaller chest-flaps.

mods

no body shaming here pls

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Girl's fine to have small chest flaps if she wants, look at you. Acting like he's all insulting her chest flaps, maybe he like small chest flaps, it ain't wrong.

Besides in this day and age if she don't like her small chest flaps she can just have some plastic surgery.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anora posted:

Girl's fine to have small chest flaps if she wants, look at you. Acting like he's all insulting her chest flaps, maybe he like small chest flaps, it ain't wrong.

Besides in this day and age if she don't like her small chest flaps she can just have some plasticdie-cast surgery.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
It's a lost art.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Victorion's chest panels allow her to have ro-boobs while Defensor's allow him to have a small monkey-man hump his chest or stick it's crotch in his face.

Come on, guys.

(But also, :golfclap:)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
die cast sucks 90% of the time

used structurally, or for joints, it owns. See MP10's toes, or SOC GGG. but the other 90% of the time it's a bad idea. Like MP01's knee fragility, or the entire Titanium line.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Probably why only about 10% of any given G1 figure was made from it, max. To this day tons of people "remember" their G1 Optimus and Soundwave as being 100% metal, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

used structurally, or for joints, it owns. See MP10's toes, or SOC GGG. but the other 90% of the time it's a bad idea. Like MP01's knee fragility, or the entire Titanium line.

HEY! There was that... um... one Titanium Optimus that was kinda not terrible?

EDIT: Wasn't most of G1 OP's torso metal, though? The arms were plastic, I remember from mine, but the cab was mainly die-cast?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

DoctorWhat posted:

Yup, pretty much. On MP Star Saber the die cast is limited to the heels/thrusters, plain thrusters, and the shoulder guns. That guy would be in chipped paint floppytown in no time if there was heavier use of metal in him.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

HEY! There was that... um... one Titanium Optimus that was kinda not terrible?

EDIT: Wasn't most of G1 OP's torso metal, though? The arms were plastic, I remember from mine, but the cab was mainly die-cast?

G1 OP is only diecast on the folding-down-type front window portion and the feet.

In related news, I got 2 sets of the Nonnef hip ratchets for CW OP and Motormaster and they were super-easy to install and work great for improving the outwards motion in both solidity and versatility. I also got har plastic Superion horns and have the Shoulder Locks and Blackjack Adapter both on preorder. Nonnef is good people. Affordable, effective, easy-to-use upgrades!

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 14, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

Nonnef is good people. Affordable, effective, easy-to-use upgrades!

Seconded.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It seems TFC is planning a Liokaiser, to be revealed at TFCon

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Not Transformers, but still transforming robot FrameRobo. They're triple changers that go from robot, to a weird space weapon mode to a completely flat frame? They're ~500 yen so like $5 so I don't expect them to be brilliant, but it looks like a neat puzzle thing.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Everything, plastic parts included, were dogshit in the Titanium line. It's not exactly the most honest line to point to to make an argument against diecast

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

It seems TFC is planning a Liokaiser, to be revealed at TFCon

Well, the time has come for me to cave and spend god knows how much on a 3rd party combiner. I'm surprised I lasted this long!

On another topic, does anyone else own Headrobots Blood DX (the kit for ROTF Wreckage)? I recently got one and Wreckage is pretty cool, but this kit seems...not good. The head has to be disassembled for vehicle mode (but the whole head pops off instead), and the turret just baaaaarely kind of clings to the robot's back and is constantly getting knocked off when you glance at it...but you need the turret on his back to mount the scabbards/barrels! I'm thinking of tossing everything but the waist piece and head, and attaching the head to the ball joint more permanently. If anyone knows any tips for making this kit not suck I am all ears.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

EthanSteele posted:

Not Transformers, but still transforming robot FrameRobo. They're triple changers that go from robot, to a weird space weapon mode to a completely flat frame? They're ~500 yen so like $5 so I don't expect them to be brilliant, but it looks like a neat puzzle thing.

Not seeing much in the way of real joints there... So the gimmick is that it can be taken apart and turned back into a sprue? Weird.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Well, the time has come for me to cave and spend god knows how much on a 3rd party combiner. I'm surprised I lasted this long!
Not going to lie: A TFC Liokaiser actually sounds amazing. I hate their superion and defensor, but late-G1 stuff being ridiculously blocky just sounds ... Right to me?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Oh look, I just solved everything from the TF Legacy Packaging Book

Why does everyone cry about this?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Goldskull posted:

Oh look, I just solved everything from the TF Legacy Packaging Book

Why does everyone cry about this?

Because while Rumble is red in most depictions, he's blue in the one depiction that is exponentially better known than all others. So the character's toy and comic appearances, among many others, is red, but the one place the character was heavily developed and featured showed him as blue. Combine that with nerds' obsession with canon, head or otherwise, and you have the makings of one of the earliest Great Internet Wars.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mrs. Pearce, you're a nerd...
Why can't a nerd be more like a goon?
Goons are so decent, such regular chaps.
Ready to help you through any mishaps.
Ready to buck you up whenever you are glum.
Why can't a nerd be a chum?
Why is thinking something nerds never do?
Why is logic never even tried?
Straight'ning up their hair is all they ever do.
Why don't they straighten up the mess that's inside?
Why can't a nerds behave like a goon?
If I was a nerd who'd been to a ball,
Been hailed as a princess by one and by all;
Would I start weeping like a bathtub overflowing?
And carry on as if my home were in a tree?
Would I run off and never tell me where I'm going?

Why can't a nerd... be like me?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

That's nerds for you. I can't even remember how they were labelled off my MP Soundwave, I stick by the OG book.

Now, anyone in the UK got me an in to finding an CW Air Raid for less than stupid prices?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goldskull posted:

That's nerds for you. I can't even remember how they were labelled off my MP Soundwave, I stick by the OG book.

Now, anyone in the UK got me an in to finding an CW Air Raid for less than stupid prices?

Since Wave 2 looks like it's completely awol for the UK, either buy it now at a higher price or hope it comes later in a refresh wave.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I just watched one go for £28 inc P&P, next and only one on ebay is £3-loving-8 quid. Christ, you can get all the Stunticons for next to gently caress all.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Has anyone noted yet that Rumble and Frenzy kind of suck aside from that one scene in the 1986 movie so their individual names are unimportant? hth

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Are.. are you calling them uncrasamatic?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah, I don't think the reasons for their popularity are hard nuts to crack.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
He wrecked Hoover drat! And beat up Hound! Hound just can't win against tapes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So I managed to find all the Protectobots except for Rook and Groove. Alpha Bravo is filling in as a temp.

I'm blaming Captain Invictus for giving people the idea to army build rook.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

He wrecked Hoover drat! And beat up Hound! Hound just can't win against tapes.

They still can't compare to Buzzsaw but then who can.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scooped up a bunch of Protectobots at Walmart the other day, I like them a lot.

I passed on Blades (for now) because he really is the laziest retool and it annoys me more than it should. Like in the same wave where we got 2 other kickass, effective retools with Streetwise and First Aid, they phone it in with Blades and just repaint Alpha Bravo and give him a new head? Really?

As a whole I think my favorite combiner wars team to date is the Stunticons, although I do prefer Streetwise and First Aid's use of their respective molds over their Stunticon counterparts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Goldskull posted:

Both the Takara and Hasbro releases of the MP have Rumble as red and Frenzy as blue.