Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
so that's where Acura got that godawful grill from!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

BloodBag posted:

If we're talking about unobtanium vehicles, why hasn't the gama goat been mentioned? I hear that thing's unsafe as gently caress too...

I've had a ride in the back one of those at a museum. The inside had been covered and as soon at it started moving it was obvious why.
I'd be surprised if it didn't kill people when it was in service from head trauma and supposedly there was a version with a mobile field hospital inside.

It was actually pretty fun for a one time ride.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Adelman's truck parts and sales gets ups trucks a couple times a year. They're usually painted gray but you can definitely buy them whole because I see them around town every so often.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

HAHA
I need a source for this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

freelop posted:

I've had a ride in the back one of those at a museum. The inside had been covered and as soon at it started moving it was obvious why.
I'd be surprised if it didn't kill people when it was in service from head trauma and supposedly there was a version with a mobile field hospital inside.

It was actually pretty fun for a one time ride.

How are you even supposed to into that thing to drive it? Jump in Dukes Brothers style?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

HAHA
I need a source for this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/comments/3d1yzl/neighbor_said_his_truck_was_making_a_noise/

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Toucan Sam posted:

Adelman's truck parts and sales gets ups trucks a couple times a year. They're usually painted gray but you can definitely buy them whole because I see them around town every so often.

Over here their vans are based on Mercedes-Benz Sprinters and Varios. There are still a bunch of 2003 Sprinters around in good condition, with no rot or damage. They certainly don't sell them on here. There are also some Sprinter panel vans and their big trucks have brown cabs and grey bodies, many are de-badged. Since Varios aren't made any more, the newer ones are 5-ton Sprinters.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gorilla Salad posted:

How are you even supposed to into that thing to drive it? Jump in Dukes Brothers style?

Hand holds and climb points.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Das Volk posted:

the derpiest airplane ever.

nicknamed "monica" :getin:

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:
This is the front left tire off my Six-Fo....

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Budget Monty posted:

This belongs in the Awesome AI thread. Holy poo poo. Get some video of you hittin switches please.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Thought I'd mention safe UPS drivers. The UPS guy that handles the place where I work is one of the safest UPS drivers in the world. They even gave him a brand new low emission UPS truck a year or so ago.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

:magical:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Mooseykins posted:

Over here their vans are based on Mercedes-Benz Sprinters and Varios. There are still a bunch of 2003 Sprinters around in good condition, with no rot or damage. They certainly don't sell them on here. There are also some Sprinter panel vans and their big trucks have brown cabs and grey bodies, many are de-badged. Since Varios aren't made any more, the newer ones are 5-ton Sprinters.

I thought they killed the Lisa Simpson giving a blowjob Olympic logo...

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Here they use the same thing every other courier uses

e. the rattly bloody diesel in them could be considered a mechanical failure

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dissss posted:

Don't trigger me.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Gorilla Salad posted:

Some had actual doors but otherwise climb it I guess.
If I remember rightly the driver needed to wear ear defenders to avoid hearing damage due to the noise of the engine which right next to the driver's head.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

Slavvy posted:

Don't trigger me.

Aw, come on, how bad could it be? Its a Toyota!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

freelop posted:

Some had actual doors but otherwise climb it I guess.
If I remember rightly the driver needed to wear ear defenders to avoid hearing damage due to the noise of the engine which right next to the driver's head.

Absolutely on the engine noise. When you're driving one it feels like you've stuck your head next to a front end loader's engine bay.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Pillbug

dissss posted:

Diesels are mechanical successes :colbert:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Budget Monty posted:

Is that the same car that was rear ended or is this a different 64?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Diesels are mechanical successes :colbert:

Not that particular diesel. They are turds.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I had a driver tell me once that when the UPS trucks blow an engine, it gets swapped out overnight and ready to go by next shift

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

veedubfreak posted:

Is that the same car that was rear ended or is this a different 64?

That story alone was enough to get me to warn everyone off GEICO. As I recall someone else had an issue with a mountain bike that GEICO tried to price based on walmart garbage, too.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A friend of mine got sideswiped by a dipshit who decided to pass him on the right after he signaled right, moved right, slowed down, and started turning right into his driveway. There were 5 foot high snowbanks on either side and nowhere to turn left, she claimed she thought he was turning left when the police showed up and they were very confused and ticketed her.

turns out she was also a geico customer.

They loving tried to get him to accept 25% fault because "he could have avoided a collision." Without looking in the claim paperwork fully and realizing she had beeN cited and listed at fault.

He fought them of course, won, got his payment and immediately switched to another insurer.

gently caress Geico, I will never, ever insure anything with them after watching the shitshow he went through on what should have been an easy case if they weren't shitheads.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Got a link to the geico shitshow story? I obviously missed it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

wanna know why geico is so cheap.. they can be when they don't pay what you car is worth, or when they try and get you to accept fault.

My BIL got hit by an uninsured driver.. NYS mandates uninsured coverage so he was good.. well maybe.. Geico was going to give him like 3k less than it would cost to replace his car.
gently caress them. And farmers too.. right in the bum-de-bum-de-bum-de-bum/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think any insurance company pays the replacement cost of any car, unless you set up special terms beforehand (and pay through the nose).

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Farking Bastage posted:

I had a driver tell me once that when the UPS trucks blow an engine, it gets swapped out overnight and ready to go by next shift

Absolutely true, at least with the older trucks with stovebolt sixes in them. I've seen it personally. They might carswap for a night or two with the newer diesels, but even those got serviced really, really quickly when something was wrong.

Source: three very brown years.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

xzzy posted:

I don't think any insurance company pays the replacement cost of any car, unless you set up special terms beforehand (and pay through the nose).

Alberta, but I got 2 years of depreciation protection without charge on my last new vehicle.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

KingPave posted:

Aw, come on, how bad could it be? Its a Toyota!
Toyota, Suzuki, whatever.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

xzzy posted:

3k under for a 6k car is a bit rough. if your car is totaled they should be giving you what it is "worth" that generally equates to what private parties are selling it for. Generally i've always gotten a bit less than blue book.
Where yoy ger hosed mostly is a new car.. becsuse they are worth a crap load less than you owe as soon as you take the keys.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

kastein posted:

A friend of mine got sideswiped by a dipshit who decided to pass him on the right after he signaled right, moved right, slowed down, and started turning right into his driveway. There were 5 foot high snowbanks on either side and nowhere to turn left, she claimed she thought he was turning left when the police showed up and they were very confused and ticketed her.

They loving tried to get him to accept 25% fault because "he could have avoided a collision." Without looking in the claim paperwork fully and realizing she had beeN cited and listed at fault.

He fought them of course, won, got his payment and immediately switched to another insurer.

gently caress Geico, I will never, ever insure anything with them after watching the shitshow he went through on what should have been an easy case if they weren't shitheads.

All insurance companies are shitheads

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Uuuuuuughhh I hate the loving Miata brake tension screw.

This one was like this when I opened the cap, and the other side was initially fine when I switched sides, but got wedged up and stripped as I was backing off the piston on the side it came off of.

Are you supposed to grease these loving things? Because it sure doesn't seem like the splines have a lot of engagement with whatever mechanism is inside the caliper.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

neonbregna posted:

USAA's pretty good, though their upselling is getting kind of pushy. I've always gotten more money for totalled cars than I had in them (they were all paid for and 5+ years old)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

neonbregna posted:

I've had State Farm for over 20 years and I may pay a bit more, but damned if they aren't worth it every time I've had to use them.

Shithead runs into my car
Drop car off at bodyshop I want to use
Pay my deductible
Pick up rental car
Pick up my car when its ready
Have deductible mailed back to me when the claim is finished

They have better lawyers than I do, so I let them do the work. A nifty little tidbit I learned when I refinanced my house with State Farm. If you finance a new car with them, gap insurance is automatically included.
I do plan to upgrade my coverage a bit when I get the R due to it being a very low production car to make sure I don't get screwed if some shithead totals it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

Geico is poo poo, if for no other reason than the fact that their stupid ads are inescapable on a daily basis. Even if you don't listen to radio or watch TV or somehow avoid the billboards or printed ads, they are the only company advertising via loving airplane banners

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Saw this today when i was in getting tyres for my car
Wheel came off coming around the corner, the scrape in the road goes all the way down to the junction.

http://imgur.com/gallery/acDIu

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

echomadman posted:

Saw this today when i was in getting tyres for my car
Wheel came off coming around the corner, the scrape in the road goes all the way down to the junction.

http://imgur.com/gallery/acDIu

I'll never get service from Victory Tyres & Batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

No. 6 posted:

I'll never get service from Victory Tyres & Batteries.

Looks bad alright but the guy lost the wheel back at the junction, the wishbone at that corner looked shiny and new, so i do suspect a mechanic somewhere got a very angry phone call this morning.