Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man Benedict Arnold got such a raw deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy all had it coming. :colbert:

Kennedy doesn't get assassinated in the 1963 Universe:

1963 #3 - Tales of the Uncanny

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

joehonkie posted:

Kennedy doesn't get assassinated in the 1963 Universe:

1963 #3 - Tales of the Uncanny

Haha the little lines of shock around Lee Harvey Oswald.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Tavarin posted:

That's Baron Zemo Sr

Baron Zemo Jr fell into a vat of boiling, specially-treated Adhesive X during his first appearance as the villain Phoenix in Captain America #168, during the Secret Empire storyline.

Tons of stuff happened to him because of Thunderbolts though, so that might have been changed.

His face did get fixed, but then it got ruined again.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

zoux posted:

Clearly you mean Leo Harley Osborne:

USA then promptly stops an attempted assassination of Osborne by Ruby. BRIAN Ruby, because you see:

Same issue

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ahah the nefarious Red Sk...*looks up wikipedia article on "Things that are also in the head"* Brain!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

zoux posted:

Ahah the nefarious Red Sk...*looks up wikipedia article on "Things that are also in the head"* Brain!

To be fair it's Alan Moore's not even slightly subtle tribute to early Marvel. Pretty much only his Iron Man stand in is not super obvious. But Red Brain is more of a commie stereotype than anything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is this collected anywhere? I need more of this.

fake edit: Nope! Thanks, Alan Moore! :argh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

It's not necessarily Lee being shocked -- sometimes they would do that kind of thing in old comics to make sure you could actually see something in the background that was significant. It draws your eye.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alan Moore has earned the right to gently caress over comic book companies as much as he wants.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

prefect posted:

It's not necessarily Lee being shocked -- sometimes they would do that kind of thing in old comics to make sure you could actually see something in the background that was significant. It draws your eye.

I think he's pretty shocked, as we all were on that fateful day, when we learned that USA was impersonating the president to foil an assassination attempt.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's more loving with his previous comic book collaborators though. I wonder what his opposition was.

edit - Other than him just being Alan Moore.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, not a Cadillac. Immersion ruined!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Atmus posted:

And Lincoln was shot in a Kennedy! :psyboom:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Atmus posted:

Kennedy also wasn't replaced by a superhero. We all know he was replaced by an alien duplicate so the real JFK could lead the resistance movement on the alien's homeworld until the Teen Titans could show up to help them win.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Atmus posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that Kennedy was shot in the back of the head. Though I guess the kids today might be calling that a "Lincoln"...

Edit: The real truth about the Kennedy assassination:

Obviously, Superman did it because his superhearing overheard Kennedy blabbing the secret to Marilyn Monroe. You deserved it for being so naive, Superman!

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 14, 2015

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

Kennedy also wasn't replaced by a superhero. We all know he was replaced by an alien duplicate so the real JFK could lead the resistance movement on the alien's homeworld until the Teen Titans could show up to help them win.

No, he was wounded so LBJ had a piece of his brain taken out then dyed Kennedy black before shoving him in an East Texas rest home!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I love Bubba Ho-Tep more than a lot of people love their pets, but seriously, please read that Bob Haney Titans story. It's amazing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

No, he was wounded so LBJ had a piece of his brain taken out then dyed Kennedy black before shoving him in an East Texas rest home!
He's got a little bag of sand up there now.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Anybody have the panels handy from that comic where they say Nixon was framed for Watergate? And aliens may or may not have been involved? I'm drawing a blank.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

zoux posted:

I think he's pretty shocked, as we all were on that fateful day, when we learned that USA was impersonating the president to foil an assassination attempt.
I think he's just shocked that his magic bullet entered USA's body from the back, fractured into pieces, only to then ricochet off his chest.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
New Marvel variant covers.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/14/8962581/marvel-classic-hip-hop-variant-comic-book-covers

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SynthOrange posted:

Zemo is hilarious because you have a supervillain nazi who glued his own mask to his face.

I love how Mike Conroy described him in 500 Comic Book Supervillains - "A brilliant scientist, but seemingly unaware of scissors."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FredMSloniker posted:

Anybody have the panels handy from that comic where they say Nixon was framed for Watergate? And aliens may or may not have been involved? I'm drawing a blank.

If I'm going to take my history from funny books I'll stick with Nixon being the leader of the Secret Empire and killing himself in front of Captain America.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Panama Red posted:

Agent Venom, ladies and gentlemen

Amazing Spider-Man #335

Jesus, those shorts are hands down the worst things to ever happen to Flash Thompson's legs.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Atmus posted:

Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln

You know, maybe it's just hindsight, but that seems like a really bad choice of cars to drive in for a president.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
my_life.jpg

Ares #1

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

prefect posted:

And Lincoln was shot in a Kennedy! :psyboom:

Yes that is what happened to both of their heads you don't need to remind us.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I like this a lot.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Yeah, that is a cool picture.

Poor Herc, can't catch a break. :sigh: Herc and She-hulk, most likely. Don't have an issue.

Not like the Indestructible Hulk getting bombed with puppies by SHIELD. :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More bad guys need to refer to him as "Jerkules."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The origin of Spider Hero is pretty great. Someone should post that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did he get out of it through Act of God?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

muscles like this? posted:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
^Nice^

muscles like this? posted:

This is about as close to an origin as I can get

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah son, I'm talking about his new origin in Secret Wars.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Oh my loving god, it's like a Chinese knockoff toy come to life.

it's perfect :swoon:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Section Z posted:

Oh my loving god, it's like a Chinese knockoff toy come to life.

it's perfect :swoon:

But is lay egg true?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Shoot web is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Jopo de Pojo is Sonic's dad