Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Dempsey and Johansson way better up front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Chandler giving Panama a scoring opportunity? Why I never!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Yedlin is so drat fast

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I decided to pick an EPL team to become a fan of this year and I ended up picking Tottenham solely because I love Yedlin.

Also, I realize Tottenham is pretty bad but it's too late now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Better than picking Chelsea/Man *

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Better than picking Chelsea/Man *

Chelsea Manning is a patriot

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Better Johannsson nickname: the White Altidore, or the Incredible Sulk?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

lol at demps just walking at the ball there, barely kicking

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, Panama

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yay we didn't lose. Zardes didn't look great which is a shame. But congrats to Haiti!!!!!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
wtf was this a group stage game i thought we were into the knockouts already

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JohnCompany posted:

lol at demps just walking at the ball there, barely kicking

I like that it resulted in a pretty good chance at the other end for Panama, summed up the night perfectly

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

why are people cheering for haiti? they are cats eaters. straight up. they fuckin eat cats.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Beats eating a salad or oatmeal

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

Daric posted:

I decided to pick an EPL team to become a fan of this year and I ended up picking Tottenham solely because I love Yedlin.

Also, I realize Tottenham is pretty bad but it's too late now.

spurs are the best team you loving plastic. we dont want you. go support liverpool.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

inx posted:

why are people cheering for haiti? they are cats eaters. straight up. they fuckin eat cats.

Because they're a people hosed over by history and geography and it's nice to see them get something nice.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
So apparently Gamboa is fit again and Umaņa's playing, which means no Giraffe and no Miller. We might actually have a shot at this poo poo cup!!!

I'm still baffled at #FueraChope for not bringing Kendall Waston instead of Roy "loving" Miller...

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Is Canada eliminated yet

Has Canada embarrassed themselves moreso than usual?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No

Almost. I think they need to lose by at least 5 to Costa Rica to get into the "moreso than usual" area.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I think now that Pinto was outed as not an all powerful magician tactical mastermind, the boys will get back the confidence they lost after half the country started calling them "princess boys" and crying about Pinto's exit like he did 100% of the work in Brazil.

This must be a turning point, this is when the team start winning in spite of Chope's ridiculous decisions.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Drogadon posted:

I think now that Pinto was outed as not an all powerful magician tactical mastermind, the boys will get back the confidence they lost after half the country started calling them "princess boys" and crying about Pinto's exit like he did 100% of the work in Brazil.

This must be a turning point, this is when the team start winning in spite of Chope's ridiculous decisions.

it also helps to play Canada

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Jozy is going home

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Eelface posted:

Jozy is going home

good

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
he's also being replaced by Alan Gordon, which is pretty hilarious

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cityinthesea posted:

he's also being replaced by Alan Gordon, which is pretty hilarious

Alan Gordon is good when he comes on as a sub in the 85th minute. And even when he starts he's still better than Jozy.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
jozy is a fat fraud

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
jozy outthedoor

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.
This group played out as well as we could have hoped for. Both Honduras and Panama out of our bracket is great news. If group B can conspire to have Costa Rica finish either 2nd or 4th they won't be in our bracket either, and our path to the final would be something like Guatemala/El Salvador/Canada followed by Jamaica/Haiti. Mexico could have a route as tough as Costa Rica followed by Panama.

Of course, we could still get Costa Rica.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

DougieFFC posted:

This group played out as well as we could have hoped for. Both Honduras and Panama out of our bracket is great news. If group B can conspire to have Costa Rica finish either 2nd or 4th they won't be in our bracket either, and our path to the final would be something like Guatemala/El Salvador/Canada followed by Jamaica/Haiti. Mexico could have a route as tough as Costa Rica followed by Panama.

Of course, we could still get Costa Rica.

I thought you were English

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

saviro posted:

spurs are the best team you loving plastic. we dont want you. go support liverpool.

Okay cool

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Canada's coach has confirmed that he's going to do the same thing that already hasn't worked twice so I'm going to leave my house now and begin drinking heavily in anticipation of poo poo garbage football

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Umaņa was gonna play today instead of loving Roy Miller, but he needs to go back to Iran to get the oil money he's owed and probably cancel his contract or something so loving Roy Miller will score at least one assist for Canada. If we go through then cool and good clumsy slow giant Waston will take Umaņa's place.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Drogadon posted:

Umaņa was gonna play today instead of loving Roy Miller, but he needs to go back to Iran to get the oil money he's owed and probably cancel his contract or something so loving Roy Miller will score at least one assist for Canada. If we go through then cool and good clumsy slow giant Waston will take Umaņa's place.

if you're playing canada, you'll go through

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
funny to me how teams from countries that are no more than a collection of fishing villages can beat the mighty canucks

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jamaica - El Salvador
R: Walter LOPEZ (GUA)
AR1: Hermenerito LEAL (GUA)
AR2: Gerson LOPEZ (GUA)
4th Fernando GUERRERO (MEX)

He's been working Gold Cups since 2009. He did the Honduras/Mexico semi in 2011. Went to 2014 World Cup as a 4th Official. Did the 2014 Club World Cup final between Real Madrid and San Lorenzo.

Canada - Costa Rica
R: Hector RODRIGUEZ (HON)
AR1: Christian RAMIREZ (HON)
AR2: Daniel WILLIAMSON (PAN)
4th: Jair MARRUFO (USA)

Rodriguez worked 1 game at the 2013 Gold Cup and would probably be better known around here for the first leg of the CCL Final between America and Montreal.

That leaves Bonilla and Geiger for tomorrow.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
So many sad CONCACAFites itt

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Drogadon posted:

I'm glad other people besides Redbulls fans have to suffer the Roy Miller experience.

e- Also Demarcus Beasley and Joe Corona are now in the squad. If this means things shift around so Chandler doesn't play another game I'll be very happy. (He wasn't cut like Garza, Morales, or Jozy but his time must be running out on that line)

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 14, 2015

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Drogadon posted:

haha like you expect Canada to score a goal

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

You don't know the power of Roy "5 goals against in 3 games were his fault" Miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.

African AIDS cum posted:

I thought you were English

Both.

• Locked thread