Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I think my save from yesterday has bugged out thanks to Horse Lords. Dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Not So Fast posted:

I think my save from yesterday has bugged out thanks to Horse Lords. Dang.
I don't know, looks normal for the Illuminated Techno-Kingdom of Sweden.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Schizotek posted:

So fun fact. You can set up an incredibly stable and powerful Zoroastrian empire in the Old Gods start date. Start as Yagbu and your sole other Clan is zoroastrian. Once you hit 50 piety, and good relations with him (go for blood oath) you can convert with no stupid penalties and all your holdings convert too. Murder the Persians and become the Messiah. Then murder the Greeks for another cheev.

It looks like fully-nomad provinces instantly convert to the religion/culture of whatever tribe holds them. Which is pretty cool.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Regions are defined by de jure duchies rather than province IDs. :psyduck:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Can somebody tell me what the performance improvements / optimizations were supposed to be about? As a quick test, I ran a game in observer mode from the Stamford Bridge bookmark to 1.1.1170 on speed 5, and it took 2:20 in 2.3.6 as well as 2.4.1, so I'm not noticing anything unless it's just long-term improvements that make the game run better in longer-running saves.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So I recently removed every last thing I had gotten through :filez: , including CK2 from 2 years ago. Being free of that nonsense I now need to buy the CK2 collection and other DLC so I can get back to playing my favorite mods. When do you guys suppose the next steam sale will be for this game?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

Regions are defined by de jure duchies rather than province IDs. :psyduck:

Things can't move between de jure duchies, so it's all the same isn't it?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Schizotek posted:

Things can't move between de jure duchies, so it's all the same isn't it?
For vanilla, sure. For anyone who's modded the de jure setup at all, though?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

TheMcD posted:

Can somebody tell me what the performance improvements / optimizations were supposed to be about? As a quick test, I ran a game in observer mode from the Stamford Bridge bookmark to 1.1.1170 on speed 5, and it took 2:20 in 2.3.6 as well as 2.4.1, so I'm not noticing anything unless it's just long-term improvements that make the game run better in longer-running saves.

It depends on the machine, most of my optimizations that are immediately noticeable are improvements by making stuff more multi-threaded which means if you are running a old laptop with dual-core(if anyone still runs that which I doubt) you are probably not going to benefit that much until you get later into the game.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
GMG is having a sale on CK2 right now actually. Way of Life is out of stock, but you can get the base game and all the major DLC except for The Old Gods and Charlemagne for about $16-17 with the current voucher.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Grouchio posted:

So I recently removed every last thing I had gotten through :filez: , including CK2 from 2 years ago. Being free of that nonsense I now need to buy the CK2 collection and other DLC so I can get back to playing my favorite mods. When do you guys suppose the next steam sale will be for this game?

Go to Green Man Gaming, add Crusader Kings 2 and whatever DLC you want and use the code GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF at checkout for 20% off.

E: The current steam sale is way better than that though.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Grouchio posted:

there's a steam sale right now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Smoremaster posted:

there's a steam sale right now
Link? I checked this morning and there was nothing.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Thoughts so far are that nomad mechanics are nifty, Kirghiz are blobbing shitlords, performance was beautifully zippy for the first two decades in 867 start but has now dipped to what appears to be a little lower than previous, uhh and that's pretty much it. I'm disappointed about performance issues, but presumably a No India mod will help with that. The one really annoying thing so far is that warring on the steppe is still an incredible pain in the rear end, I wonder if you could mod it so that nomad gov armies composed primarily of cavalry get a huge movement speed boost on steppe/plains provinces.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ARIGATOU! Lux Invicta here I come!

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Fuligin posted:

The one really annoying thing so far is that warring on the steppe is still an incredible pain in the rear end, I wonder if you could mod it so that nomad gov armies composed primarily of cavalry get a huge movement speed boost on steppe/plains provinces.

There are nomad buildings that give you a pretty good movement speed bonus

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I'm watching Arumba's LP right now and the new pillaging mechanic seems pretty OP, it's basically looting on steroids.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Groogy posted:

There are nomad buildings that give you a pretty good movement speed bonus

Yeah I noticed those, they seem like a pretty big gold investment however. Anyway, just first impressions.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Other than message settings being broken (none of the pause options appear to work reliably (I cannot get battles starting/finishing to pause, period), and also the last two get options swapped at random for no reason) I am enjoying this expansion.

Edit: finally works after turning them on for other characters and restarting the game :rolleyes:
Anyways what's up with tributary pagans not realizing they can't raid their overlords? I have about 3000 pagans just chilling in Russia for a decade now.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 14, 2015

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
I made Khagan Wolf of the Steppe Wolf dynasty, ruler of the Wolfsteppe Khaganate. He immediately became depressed, and he killed himself within a year. Then the game crashed when I tried to exit out of the game over menu.

I guess I deserved that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

TTBF posted:

Go to Green Man Gaming, add Crusader Kings 2 and whatever DLC you want and use the code GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF at checkout for 20% off.

E: The current steam sale is way better than that though.

GMG has some of the DLC on sale for less than Steam does, including Way of Life for 66% off.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah I'm getting a lot of crashes with this. I haven't played as anyone other than a nomad yet, but I'm getting crashes for various decisions that I've made.

Which is a shame because it looks a lot of fun so far from what I've seen. I really love a lot of the quality of life changes too, especially the new graphics for the roles that people have.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Travelling via rivers and raiding infidels is now a Norse cultural trait, rather than (as well as?) a religious one.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I wanted to play as Temujin for my first Mongol game, so I started in 1196 which is the first year he appears in the game. It was going well until 1212 when the Mongol Invasion event fired and a hundred thousand guys spawned on my poo poo.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Smoremaster posted:

I wanted to play as Temujin for my first Mongol game, so I started in 1196 which is the first year he appears in the game. It was going well until 1212 when the Mongol Invasion event fired and a hundred thousand guys spawned on my poo poo.

This exact thing happened to me too. It kinda fuckin sucks.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

So since nomadic government explicitly states "max_consorts = 3", that means any and all nomads can have up to 3 consorts, right?

What about Muslim nomads? There can't be both consorts and secondary wives at the same time, can there? Does that mean Muslim nomads have concubines but not multiples marriages?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
My Horse Lords experience so far:

game CTDs on launch six times in a row. When it finally starts working, I start a Turkestan game and immediately get dogpiled by three different people, at which point the game crashed.

Paradox.txt

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Anyone noticed that the faction strength doesn't seem to be calculated correctly? A guy has 1231 men, and I have 1713, but it says his faction strength is 111.2% of liege.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Gorn Myson posted:

Which is a shame because it looks a lot of fun so far from what I've seen. I really love a lot of the quality of life changes too, especially the new graphics for the roles that people have.

Report it on the Pdx bug forum with steps to reproduce please

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Strudel Man posted:

Anyone noticed that the faction strength doesn't seem to be calculated correctly? A guy has 1231 men, and I have 1713, but it says his faction strength is 111.2% of liege.

If that 1713 is including your vassals, maybe it's accounting for removing him and his allies from your count?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

My Horse Lords experience so far:

game CTDs on launch six times in a row. When it finally starts working, I start a Turkestan game and immediately get dogpiled by three different people, at which point the game crashed.

Paradox.txt

You're a modder right if I remember correctly? If you modify any game files Steam refuses to touch those files forever and you have to delete them manually and tell steam to download them again.

e: Also CK2 doesn't have EU4's anti-mod crash thing where it checks so mods are up to date so make sure all mods are disabled. Will probably try and get that in next patch.

Groogy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 14, 2015

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Does anyone else have missing flags that can't be fixed through the normal way?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huh, Chach is now under the control of the Bajanids in the Charlemagne start, meaning, unless I'm missing someone, there aren't any independent Zoroastrians in that start anymore. That's kind of disappointing; I guess you either have to either play the Karens (which is a later start date and not what I personally wish to do) or try to revolt from inside the Abbasids or one of their tributaries. I wonder which makes for the least-terrible start, the Karens and their event troops aside.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

So since nomadic government explicitly states "max_consorts = 3", that means any and all nomads can have up to 3 consorts, right?

What about Muslim nomads? There can't be both consorts and secondary wives at the same time, can there? Does that mean Muslim nomads have concubines but not multiples marriages?
ohh, can an if/limit statement be added in the nomadic_government entry, like
code:
	nomadic_government = {
		[omitting some details]

uses_prestige_for_law_change = yes
		allow_title_revokation = yes
		allow_looting = yes
		#max_consorts = 3
		if = {
			limit = {
				NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
			}
			max_consorts = 3
		}
		ignores_de_jure_laws = yes
		can_build_holdings = no
		can_build_forts = no
		can_build_temple = yes

vassal_limit = -10
		commander_limit = -4
		capital_move_delay = 120
	}
It seems to work when I throw that in the game.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Groogy posted:

You're a modder right if I remember correctly? If you modify any game files Steam refuses to touch those files forever and you have to delete them manually and tell steam to download them again.

e: Also CK2 doesn't have EU4's anti-mod crash thing where it checks so mods are up to date so make sure all mods are disabled. Will probably try and get that in next patch.
Nope. Mods caused too many problems so I removed them all. There might be a few leftover files hiding in weird places making a mess though? I thought I'd got rid of everything.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Not sure if it was mentioned, but a pretty awesome change is that when converting a holding from a tribe to a castle/city, if there are available slots it will automatically add a city/temple/castle if they don't exist.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Nope. Mods caused too many problems so I removed them all. There might be a few leftover files hiding in weird places making a mess though? I thought I'd got rid of everything.

Well if you have modified something manually that is usually the culprit. Try verify integrity, if that doesn't do it, clean reinstall and if that still fucks up then give me some steps to reproduce on Pdx Bug forum.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Is the Subjugation CB glitched? I am using it to conquer the Abbasids, do I really get the entire empire when I win?

Lol, Yes you do. It's totally OP.

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 14, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So I had my dad order CK2 an hour ago on a different computer using my account and I still don't see any messages or confirmations of my purchase. Is this normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

If that 1713 is including your vassals, maybe it's accounting for removing him and his allies from your count?
Nah, this is as hordes. I've just got that many dudes.

• Locked thread