Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I hope it turns out to be something ridiculous like blood transfusions from Chernobyl orphans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Did Geraint Thomas really say that he was frustrated sitting behind TVG and wanted to drop him but was told not to????

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
I'm just gonna enjoy the scenery and try to find the castles they show on the map.

Alternatively, I would like a tour with nothing but flat stages.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They've been replacing all their blood plasma with perfluorodecalin to carry more oxygen around. They won't need all that wound healing stuff, they have doctors to spray them with coagulant.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
You guys sure do take the fun out of cycling. :P

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
That would make us the team sky of cycling fans

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Excuse me, but my posting is only this good due to a good night's sleep

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Froome: "maybe some competitors not as well taken care of on the rest day as we do."

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I've just set fire to my pasta stock, from this point on no gluten shall pass these lips!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Didn't manage to watch the stag but its un-loving believable. Porte who was peaking for another GT stays with the best out and out climber around.

quote:

Riis: Very strange feeling. Feels like a flashback

Says it all

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I missed all of that, but did Geraint Thomas really smash Contador and TVG up an HC climb? jfc

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

peanut- posted:

I missed all of that, but did Geraint Thomas really smash Contador and TVG up an HC climb? jfc

It's no surprise, he's been climbing really well and has shown promise before.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Rhaegar posted:

You guys sure do take the fun out of cycling. :P

I'm the first to get annoyed with the posters in this thread but what about watching that stage was fun?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The fact that Van Garderen is now apparently of the same caliber of climber as Contador says it all too.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Contador did the Giro, he could still be seriously fatigued so not sure it's a fair comparison.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Contador is older, already won the Giro, and was injured. It isn't that surprising he might be off form.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ted Ed Fred posted:

So what drugs do we think the sky guys are taking, an how are they getting away with it? How could the UCI catch them if they are indeed doping?

The head of the UCI's son works for Sky. They have no interest in catching them. This whole British takeover of cycling is going to kill the sport.

Definitely not watching any more of this tour. Absolutely disgusting.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

I'm definitely at this point with Sky . . .

but the self righteousness is pretty nauseating: http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/07/news/froome-what-else-is-a-rider-a-clean-rider-supposed-to-do_378153

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Lance's tweets about this are hilarious:

Lance Armstrong
@lancearmstrong

1. Clearly Froome/Porte/Sky are very strong. Too strong to be clean? Don't ask me, I have no clue.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Skarsnik posted:

Excuse me, but my posting is only this good due to a good night's sleep

I got good by using the marginal gains theory of posting, saying 'cuck' just a few times more each day.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Nice to see the poor Colombians getting robbed in sports is a universal value

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Vannieuwkerke posted:

I can't help it, but every one of Froome's pedal strokes reminds me a lot of Armstrong's cadence.

Vannieuwkerke posted:

Ouch, comparing cadences immediately leads to a BLOCK by Froome. Another parallel.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pretty sure he doesn't know Dutch, he just saw a tweet that mentioned him in the same sentence as Armstrong and blocked. A little defensive.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Pretty sure he doesn't know Dutch, he just saw a tweet that mentioned him in the same sentence as Armstrong and blocked. A little defensive.

probably picked it up living in south africa or his wife might be running the account

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I think he's clean and a generational talent

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

6.1 W/kg for 42 loving minutes

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Everything about that stage is just sour.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What W/Kg did Wiggins do for his hour? Anyone know?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I checked the Guardian's stage report and true to form they're modding every comment that dares to mention that Froome's climb was a bit fishy.

I was a kid/didn't have much Internet during the Armstrong years but even then I remember there were a few US reporters questioning Lance/US Postal and not getting shouted down for it like the Brit media is doing with ARE BOYS TEAM SKY.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
That will be more a case of UK Libel laws, which without any proof of doping to accuse a specific person of doping could potentially fall under; it wouldn't in reality as you have to prove actual harm caused and some guys comment on a comment section shouldn't cause much harm but still its not worth the risk to the websites.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
When Porte leaves, will he then discover just how far ahead sky are like Zabriski and Landis did back in the US Postal days?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

He said the same after Mont Ventoux tho

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IndustrialApe posted:

When Porte leaves, will he then discover just how far ahead sky are like Zabriski and Landis did back in the US Postal days?

They're gonna swap all his blood out before he's allowed to leave. Can't lose that cocktail to the opposition.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ukle posted:

That will be more a case of UK Libel laws, which without any proof of doping to accuse a specific person of doping could potentially fall under; it wouldn't in reality as you have to prove actual harm caused and some guys comment on a comment section shouldn't cause much harm but still its not worth the risk to the websites.

Also, the European Court of Human Rights recently ruled that an Estonian news site could be sued for material in anonymous comments published on their site. The legal situation around comments sections is all hosed up right now: http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/06/shock-european-court-decision-websites-are-liable-for-users-comments/

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Team Sky really are just taking the piss now. Yeah everyone is on drugs but Sky really are using rocket fuel.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I love that twitter Lance feel astonished enough to comment.

willemw
Sep 30, 2006
very much so
I was going to joke that there is no way Lance could troll so hard without any troll-enhancing drugs, but when you look at his past it's just a logical progression really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Troy Queef posted:

I checked the Guardian's stage report and true to form they're modding every comment that dares to mention that Froome's climb was a bit fishy.

I was a kid/didn't have much Internet during the Armstrong years but even then I remember there were a few US reporters questioning Lance/US Postal and not getting shouted down for it like the Brit media is doing with ARE BOYS TEAM SKY.

The Guardian is owned by the same person that owns Sky.