Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Amazon has a ton of Comics for your kindle today, some really good prices and books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Modern Leper posted:

Huh? My volume one (hardcopy) covers issues 1-6, and my volume 2 (digital) covers 7-12.

Comixology collects it weird, the first three volumes are under saga not volume 1. At least what I assume would be the first three. The rest of the volumes they have are under 1.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 12, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn I bought a lot or crap during the DC sale....is Superman Doomed any good?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

gfanikf posted:

Goddamn I bought a lot or crap during the DC sale....is Superman Doomed any good?

Its good as long as you ignore the Lobdell poo poo

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Its good as long as you ignore the Lobdell poo poo

How do you do that? He only co-wrote the opening issue.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

How do you do that? He only co-wrote the opening issue.

That and the Lois poo poo. Its a tiny part of it and the rest of it is really good.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Comixology collects it weird, the first three volumes are under saga not volume 1. At least what I assume would be the first three. The rest of the volumes they have are under 1.

My understanding is Saga 1: Books 8-10

Saga 2: Books 11-13

Saga 3: Books 14-16

Volume 1 published by Fantagraphics (books 1-7) don't seem to be found here.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Sorry, what is this?

https://m.comixology.com/Saga-Vol-1/digital-comic/31384

The interior samples look like stuff from the first issue.

Edit: Unless there's an earlier.... series I'm not aware of?

EDIT: drat it!

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 13, 2015

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
^^^ They're talking about Usagi Yojimbo. ^^^
https://www.comixology.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-Saga/comics-series/22945?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god I was so confused.

I bought Superman Doomed or whatever and what I've read seems pretty fun. I'm not a big superman guy or anything so take this with a grain of salt.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I regret nothing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordPants posted:

Oh my god I was so confused.

I bought Superman Doomed or whatever and what I've read seems pretty fun. I'm not a big superman guy or anything so take this with a grain of salt.

I just saw Doomsday fighting polar bears, the sales price and it was 500 pages and figured eh can't really lose on this.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Yeah, Usagi Saga v1 is based on the print version so it's only going to collect the stuff Dark Horse has the physical rights to. Since Fantagraphics and Dark Horse have stuff on Comixology now I assume it's a matter of time until vols 1-7 go up but they're not there yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Someone hosed up because Hawkeye 22 is on MU for free right now!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably cover dated at least 6 months ago.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Not no more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Well so far my master plan to download it to my read offline queue has worked, let's see if they have the power to delete if off my tablet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

Goddammit of course it's not after I signed up and paid for a month....granted it's not like I'm somehow being ripped off.

Oh Marvel finally started limited the penny deals to only once every six months.

Edit: never mind found it!!!

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 13, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Well they fixed it and even STOLE it from my read offline library.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

Well they fixed it and even STOLE it from my read offline library.

Because you were connected online.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Cyborg-Sale/page/7398?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA
Lotsa Wolfman/Parez in there.

https://www.comixology.com/Powers-Sale/page/7372?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/Judge-Dredd-Sale/page/7370?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Just IDW Dredd.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wow teen titans is a clusterfuck. Building a reading order must be a bitch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why not just have the whole original run under one thing? Why the two separate banners when they're clearly using the whole series to calculate the dates for the run?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because then you might accidentally buy The Titans.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So what exactly would be good for tt. I have heard good things about the older poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's not really Comixology's fault that it switched titles a few times.

It goes, New Teen Titans (1980) 1-40, Tales of the New Teen Titans 41-58, New Teen Titans (1984) 1-6

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is nothing compared to X-Men naming.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

So what exactly would be good for tt. I have heard good things about the older poo poo.

Wolfman's run is generally considered the best

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's sorta like saying "Claremont's run on X-Men is the best", though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't know what you mean Claremont owns. Fetishes and all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't know what you mean Claremont owns. Fetishes and all.

No, I actually agree with that sentiment, but much like Chris, Marv Wolfman wrote the Titans for-loving-ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But was it any good? I have heard good and bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Until Perez leaves, it's good, I'm pretty sure.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The subtle erosion of Comixology's features/policies...
DC books taking longer to get a discount. I can wait it out or take advantage of a local store's discount.
Fewer, if any, midnight releases, including fewer sales going live at midnight. This might actually be an advantage, since I'll go to bed earlier.
When I buy a comic and go to My Books (or the new Smart Lists) and refresh, it takes several minutes for the book to show up as purchased, when before it was instantaneous. It's currently faster to buy a book then search for it and find the Download button among the results.
Oh, but the addiction to comics, that's still going strong, yay team!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=Blog&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Kickstarter%20Books

New Humble Book Bundle. All stuff funded on Kickstarter. There's a few comics in there, including God Hates Astronauts and the Sleep of Reason horror anthology.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh, I'm sure it's good causes, but I'm not gonna spend $15 just for Code Monkey.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Eh, I'm sure it's good causes, but I'm not gonna spend $15 just for Code Monkey.

You know you don't just have to pick one right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

You know you don't just have to pick one right?

Yes, but it's literally the only one in the entire line-up I want to read. I'm not buying like 15 books so I can read one.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I have. But they were at the "pay what you wish" or the "more than the average" levels and it was cheaper than comiXology. My Humble Bundle library is full of so many Dynamite comics that I don't even know that I own...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uthor posted:

I have. But they were at the "pay what you wish" or the "more than the average" levels and it was cheaper than comiXology. My Humble Bundle library is full of so many Dynamite comics that I don't even know that I own...

Hell, my HB and Comixology library is full of that stuff. (Comixology sold a slightly different Dynamite bundle for like £3 a while back) But there was at least some stuff there that I wanted to read, like Waid's Green Hornet and a bunch of Red Sonja, plus some neat curiosities and a bunch of potential 'so bad it's good' stuff.