Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Potato Jones posted:

When you get kicked you have a montage where Jandelaine fixes your style and you let your hair down and take off your glasses, then it puts you back into the same party.

You ascend from the sky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
2.55 was interesting but the pacing just went completely out of whack around the second time we stopped to have a long chat about who would sacrifice themselves to throw out the pursuers who were swiftly gaining on us.

Rand Brittain fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 15, 2015

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It's spoiler.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Doing an unsynced pony farm 15 minutes before maintenence is really fun and I highly recommend it.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Was running through a Brayflox LLDR as maintenance began. Hero tank got us to the end, and dq'ed right as dragon fell to an LB. Good times.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Only source I can find so far on why the sudden maintenence:

https://twitter.com/fusrodahasian/status/621137514217103360

Also this one but I'm not sure about this:

https://twitter.com/Malkythera/status/621135241697193984

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Boten Anna posted:

Doing an unsynced pony farm 15 minutes before maintenence is really fun and I highly recommend it.

We did a T9 for shits and grins. Shamefully got one meteor, but about half of us weren't level 60.

What kind of DPS are other melee players getting on Alex 4?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

We did a T9 for shits and grins. Shamefully got one meteor, but about half of us weren't level 60.

We killed Garuda EX twice but no ponies dropped. However, there was a lot of friendship and good times to be had.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Boten Anna posted:

Only source I can find so far on why the sudden maintenence:

https://twitter.com/fusrodahasian/status/621137514217103360

Also this one but I'm not sure about this:

https://twitter.com/Malkythera/status/621135241697193984

Typically emergency maintenance is only done to fix game-breaking issues, so I'd put my money on the first.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pulling around 850 as monk usually, without food or potions. I'm a bad though, so those numbers could probably be higher.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

ApplesandOranges posted:

Only if the mentor is Hamon Holyfist, no matter what your class is.

Curious Gorge is also acceptable.

A dimensional rift opens and Maat walks out of it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pews posted:

Typically emergency maintenance is only done to fix game-breaking issues, so I'd put my money on the first.

I'm trying to figure out what could possibly even cause that. Somehow glitching it so that the final section gets stuck up after one of the legs is killed so you can just burn it down?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Boten Anna posted:

We killed Garuda EX twice but no ponies dropped. However, there was a lot of friendship and good times to be had.

I know garuda ex was a 2 minute fight prior to 3.0. Are you able to push past the first mistral shriek right into the rock destroying blast, or is the first one hard coded into the fight?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The vendor thing I'm pretty sure is just a throwaway joke someone made on reddit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Burger McAngus posted:

I'm pulling around 850 as monk usually, without food or potions. I'm a bad though, so those numbers could probably be higher.

I was doing around 930-940 range tonight and wondered how that stacked up. Thanks!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
When I was leveling my thm near uldah I witnessed 2 bots literally flying around to their targets during a fate (up in the air, moving faster than sprinting speed, then landing at a mob that they attack right away), might be related to that

Will see if my ps4 recorded it, I tried to save the video clip but not positive if it captured that part

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Good news is anyone still wanting to get on Excalibur, here's your chance to get in during primetime! Camp the login and https://twitter.com/FFXIV_NEWS_EN as it will probably be up early.

Pews posted:

Yeah they tend to do this when someone finds a way to cheese a fight, so if not A4, it's probably another one.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know garuda ex was a 2 minute fight prior to 3.0. Are you able to push past the first mistral shriek right into the rock destroying blast, or is the first one hard coded into the fight?

We only had 7 people, 1 tank, and half of us couldn't remember the fight and even so after a couple of wipes we got in groove pretty quickly. We weren't able to avoid the first sisters phase (not sure if you can?) but it was super easy to kill her before the sisters came out again.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ApplesandOranges posted:

Only if the mentor is Hamon Holyfist, no matter what your class is.

Curious Gorge is also acceptable.

Maat

e:fb

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 15, 2015

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently this is what caused the emergency hotfix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL8qbggtlvU

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Eej posted:

The vendor thing I'm pretty sure is just a throwaway joke someone made on reddit.

It's a reference to an actual bug from GW2 that got thousands of people banned.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

And Wildstar as I recall.

What's in that video, and how long is this maintenance? I'm still at work for another hour :(

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Sentient Data posted:

When I was leveling my thm near uldah I witnessed 2 bots literally flying around to their targets during a fate (up in the air, moving faster than sprinting speed, then landing at a mob that they attack right away), might be related to that

Nah, position hacking has been in the game for ages. (There were bans for it way back when SCoB was released, even.)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

more like dICK posted:

Which was funny cause people were defending themselves that they barely did it and a GM came out and said down to the number how many times the poster abused the glitch.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Any Monk savants that can offer some insight on low level rotations? Just hit 30 and acquired the Monk class, so I just got Demolish and Rock Breaker. I have no idea what to do about my rotation right now, granted my rotation is probably crap. But this is what I do assuming a dungeon that I can position myself properly in:

Boot Shine -> Twin Snakes -> Snap Punch -> Boot Shine -> True Strike -> Snap Punch -> Repeat, making sure to keep the buff from Twin Snakes up at all times.

Also how do I AoE properly? Just keep smashing Arm of the Destroyer?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Sentient Data posted:

When I was leveling my thm near uldah I witnessed 2 bots literally flying around to their targets during a fate (up in the air, moving faster than timing speed, then landing at a mob that they attack right away), might be related to that

Will see if my ps4 recorded it, I tried to save the video clip but not positive if it captured that part
Bots have been able to do that for a long time, so I doubt that's it. In fact, just today I saw bots in Ul'Dah caught in a loop of running forward, disappearing, falling from the sky to land with a thud and then starting over again.

Boten Anna posted:

We weren't able to avoid the first sisters phase (not sure if you can?) but it was super easy to kill her before the sisters came out again.
You were able to skip from opening to sisters in 2.x, so I think that might be a required step in the fight.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Thumbtacks posted:

But...its been doing that for a while, I have shitloads of clusters from doing nothing from mining for the past week. I don't think that's it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

more like dICK posted:

SWTOR had one recently too, where they lowered the price on a room item you could buy from a vendor but didn't update the sell price, so you could immediately sell it back for 10x as much.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

Yea this is not new

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Rafzakael posted:

But...its been doing that for a while, I have shitloads of clusters from doing nothing from mining for the past week. I don't think that's it.
I will be very surprised if it is intended to be able to get the full amount from the lowest tier collectability

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ilifinicus posted:

I will be very surprised if it is intended to be able to get the full amount from the lowest tier collectability

i never did gathering or crafting in 2.0 so i honestly had no clue that the clusters were supposed to be some sort of rare thing, i thought max collectability was more for land/sea/leafborne sands

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Nice! posted:

we sold a t9 farm earlier tonight got one meteor, no thermionic phase 1, no dragon phase 3, and no divebombs. it was a garbo party comp too, i'd love to see how fast you could kill it with a proper dps set up

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

did you skip the first beak though

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Etrips posted:

Any Monk savants that can offer some insight on low level rotations? Just hit 30 and acquired the Monk class, so I just got Demolish and Rock Breaker. I have no idea what to do about my rotation right now, granted my rotation is probably crap. But this is what I do assuming a dungeon that I can position myself properly in:

Boot Shine -> Twin Snakes -> Snap Punch -> Boot Shine -> True Strike -> Snap Punch -> Repeat, making sure to keep the buff from Twin Snakes up at all times.

Also how do I AoE properly? Just keep smashing Arm of the Destroyer?

You want to replace one of those Snap Punches with a Demolish and re-up it when its at less than 5 seconds or so. Do the same with Touch of Death. At 50 you get Dragon Kick which replaces one of your Bootshines, and your full rotation becomes essentially DK->TS->Demo->BS->TS->SP (you'll need to change up the timing of demo as the fight progresses or else you'll end up clipping it too much)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Pews posted:

Yea this is not new

Is it intended? :confused:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Boten Anna posted:

Is it intended? :confused:

It's definitely not intended - as your collectability increased, not only did the rate you got clusters go down (because of Aethersand, naturally), but the amount you got went down. The clusters themselves are intentional, but not the volume (which might be 10x intended, if regular Moraines are anything to go off of).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ilifinicus posted:

It's been doing that literally since Heavensward launched. It's not remotely new, and I assumed they wanted to take the Crystal market out of the hands of those who have the easiest time benefitting from it: Bots.

Niton posted:

It's definitely not intended - as your collectability increased, not only did the rate you got clusters go down (because of Aethersand, naturally), but the amount you got went down. The clusters themselves are intentional, but not the volume (which might be 10x intended, if regular Moraines are anything to go off of).

This isn't quite right either. Higher collectability replaces the clusters with Aethersands, the volume of crystals stays about the same. Crystals are the standard of crafting in Heavensward, with shards being basically irrelevant now. You can either go for the aethersands, which are key to 1* and presumably red scrip mastery recipes, or go for crystals and clusters. It's a tradeoff.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Crashing the cluster market isnt really hurting the game though, its just dropping the price of finished goods which everyone is cool with. Kinda like how everyone liked to gently caress with bots and steal their mobs but it was still nice to buy bargain basement materia off of them and convert it into something actually useful at the goblin furnace. If it was something that was actually supposed to be rare I could see that being an "emergency", either something is completely broken in their last patch or theres a hell of a lot bigger exploit than that in the wild.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's been doing that literally since Heavensward launched. It's not remotely new, and I assumed they wanted to take the Crystal market out of the hands of those who have the easiest time benefitting from it: Bots.

This isn't quite right either. Higher collectability replaces the clusters with Aethersands, the volume of crystals stays about the same. Crystals are the standard of crafting in Heavensward, with shards being basically irrelevant now. You can either go for the aethersands, which are key to 1* and presumably red scrip mastery recipes, or go for crystals and clusters. It's a tradeoff.

Yeah, the volume of Crystals stays the same.. the actual volume of clusters (per moraine) is lower, though. I desynthed a few Radiant Moraines the other night at 4/8, and got between 25 and 35 Clusters for the ones that gave clusters.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
What is probably a bug is how you get ethereal nodes to spawn faster, but that's still not something to take the servers down over, especially not after an entire month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Guys so I have this issue and I don't know if its been brought up yet or not but i got FFXIV on steam and i got Heavensward on steam and the Heavensward key didn't work. I got a refund, but I don't know how I should upgrade now. :(

• Locked thread