Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mesadoram posted:

Felt so bad for Casca and Anderson. They were left with such a poo poo show to deal with overnight.
Then Brazilians took over SDP and were calling in their native language. We had translators translate what the callers were saying. It was at that time Casca brought me to NDP. Wonder where Casca and Anderson are nowadays...

But yeah that cotton thing was hilarious.
Yeah I felt terrible for them. The clan was pretty needy and it just went to poo poo fast. I had already been pretty salty about the game and my life situation was real lovely at the time so I ended up being a huge shitler when in platoons and poo poo. I was a decent caller but just couldnt cut it against the better clans or on maps I didnt know as well so Casca, Anderson, and I think Luna had to do all of the calling.

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: Remember when we beat RS in their prime with SDP with Chair calling? Then he died and we did not win against them again :smith:.
:allears: I dont remember that one specifically but I do remember pulling wins out of our asses all the time with hodge-podge teams.

Once we won a 13 on 15 on Redshire when some dude who we got into the clan only had a T-50-2 ended up trolling the poo poo out of a Bat-Chat. He ended up killing the Bat-Chat pretty much solo while getting shot at by half of the enemy team. I think our arty ripped them up and we won despite being down two people and we were bringing E-75s and Mice and poo poo that was not suited for the map or T10 (and the whole enemy team was T10s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bort Bortles posted:

Once we won a 13 on 15 on Redshire when some dude who we got into the clan only had a T-50-2 ended up trolling the poo poo out of a Bat-Chat. He ended up killing the Bat-Chat pretty much solo while getting shot at by half of the enemy team. I think our arty ripped them up and we won despite being down two people and we were bringing E-75s and Mice and poo poo that was not suited for the map or T10 (and the whole enemy team was T10s).

:allears:

I feel like silly poo poo like this don't happen anymore in CW.

Real shame :smith:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mesadoram posted:

I guess I'm not missing much, then :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

During the last clan war, PINGU had a throwaway battle against RELIC I think. It was an encounter against a cover stack. We had a triple defense later, so we weren't going to show up to the attack even if we won the encounter, and we also were running low on viable tier tens. I decided to lead a ragtag group of M60s, E50Ms, tier nines and T92s from the north spawn on Redshire. It doesn't count as calling clan wars if it isn't a real fight.

We won something nuts like 15-5 against a full team of real tier tens. Their caller hosed up massively and half pushed their team, so we just wiped them out piecemeal.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
goofy poo poo somtimes happens in campaign battles at tier 6 & 8 and I imagine it also will in the new CW at those tiers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hellsau posted:

During the last clan war, PINGU had a throwaway battle against RELIC I think. It was an encounter against a cover stack. We had a triple defense later, so we weren't going to show up to the attack even if we won the encounter, and we also were running low on viable tier tens. I decided to lead a ragtag group of M60s, E50Ms, tier nines and T92s from the north spawn on Redshire. It doesn't count as calling clan wars if it isn't a real fight.

We won something nuts like 15-5 against a full team of real tier tens. Their caller hosed up massively and half pushed their team, so we just wiped them out piecemeal.
Oh poo poo this reminds me that they added dead-tank cooldown for CW. How exactly does that work?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh poo poo this reminds me that they added dead-tank cooldown for CW. How exactly does that work?

Are you a new clan? You're hosed. That's basically the entire purpose of tank locking - punish small clans with newer players.

Also it was REL-O apparently that I was remembering:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Past8days.jpeg

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

BadLlama posted:

Past8days.jpeg

stop hiding

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

yaay posted:

stop chaisniping

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
chai sniping works surprisingly well in t5 games since you can't depend on them to not rush headlong into guns and miss every shot.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Chai sniping is less of a thing because there are tons of small rolling hills to hide pubbies.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Bort Bortles posted:

Terribly. The small pubbie clans lobbied the poo poo out of WG to do it as a way of trying to break the NASA hegemony of Europe, apparently as bad at basic deductive reasoning as they are at clicking tanks. None of the assclowns realised it would immediately cripple them while doing absolutely nothing to the Big Boy Clans and thought we were pulling some kind of devious maskirovka when we told them this obvious fact.

Basically if you're a decent-sized clan with plenty of depth in your top tiers (which every NASA member was), tank locking is a non-issue unless you're being attacked 5-10 times a day and losing a significant number of tanks in each fight (which you almost certainly won't be when fighting defensively). If you're a small clan, have a lot of casual players with only a handful of high tier tanks, or you're trying to land on a clan that can shoot their guns competently, you're likely to not only fail in your efforts to expand, but also implode as your members become horribly demoralised and your force weakens too severely to defend what little you do have.

All the while NASA was growing stronger in Europe with this, CHAI and co. were also establishing their Sand Empire and farming gold down there, too. The only viable land left for the lovely kiddie pool clans was Africa or occasionally Scandinavia (better known as Scandinafrica) when the middling-tier clans up there were beginning to withdraw.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I think it was also the simple fact that tank locking forces competitive players into having as many tier 10s as possible, at least for viable vehicles. Ka-ching.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

I think it was also the simple fact that tank locking forces competitive players into having as many tier 10s as possible, at least for viable vehicles. Ka-ching.

The only things Tank Locking is useful for is keeping poo poo clans down, preventing clans of new players from forming and doing clan wars, and for locking Masasume's ConqGC so we stop getting murdered by it for a few days.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Hellsau posted:

The only things Tank Locking is useful for is keeping poo poo clans down, preventing clans of new players from forming and doing clan wars, and for locking Masasume's ConqGC so we stop getting murdered by it for a few days.

My main point is that it is useful for lining WG's pockets, anything else is basically irrelevant.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

yaay posted:

stop hiding

Ain't no punk bitch hiding in the back waiting for the team to die.

Example just now: 3,200 damage done, 3,200 damage blocked, two kills still lose.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 15, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Seriously the IS-8 is one of the best tier 9s in this snapshot meta:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2020314#ensk-chillsau-is-8

You're telling me the IS-4 was even better than this when it was tier nine?!

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Tank locking was such a hilariously stupid idea. Oh yes, let's shut down this startup clan for four days because they gave an honest shot at taking land and failed. That is a great way to encourage more clans to get into CW.

I'm not up on the hip new clans but I don't think any "real" new clans have started since tank locking became a thing. If anything it sounds like the number of real clans has decreased just due to attrition. The only "new" clans to pop into existence have been from the implosions of other clans.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

One good thing about playing the Indien Panzer pretty heavily is that it's teaching me to be patient as hell because trying to take a forward position with that tank is suicide and when I don't take a forward position I can actually do damage!!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Japanese Tiger is for sale:
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/?item=1362

Anyone play it? Is it worth the :20bux:?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

So apparently 9.9 came out today and broke all the mods. :negative: In true WG form, they don't even have a 9.9 patch notes thread up, so I have no idea what is even in it.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

Japanese Tiger is for sale:
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/?item=1362

Anyone play it? Is it worth the :20bux:?

Probably a solid heavy for Tier VI battles, maybe Tier VII. I would venture it a sluggish medium in a Tier VIII battle though.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I hear the turret bloom is atrocious. It also looks like it may be a wn8 piñata in t8 battles.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 15, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Agrajag posted:

I hear the turret bloom is atrocious. It also looks like it may be a wn8 piñata in t8 battles.

Watching some videos it seems like its shells cannot penetrate a soggy paper bag. Mmm, think I am going to pass on this.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

WayAbvPar posted:

So apparently 9.9 came out today and broke all the mods. :negative: In true WG form, they don't even have a 9.9 patch notes thread up, so I have no idea what is even in it.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/452792-update-99-feedback-thread/

Pretty mild. I downloaded it this morning and tried a game and it does seem to run better. I typically play at 40fps on standard settings and it went up to ~50, sans mods.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

WayAbvPar posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/99-updatenotes/

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

Watching some videos it seems like its shells cannot penetrate a soggy paper bag. Mmm, think I am going to pass on this.
Is the 8,8 similar to the one on the Jg.Pz.IV? If so, the good damage but iffy pen could make it a rough tank to work in Tier VIII battles.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

Is the 8,8 similar to the one on the Jg.Pz.IV? If so, the good damage but iffy pen could make it a rough tank to work in Tier VIII battles.

It essentially is a T6 Tiger with a shitter gun:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

It essentially is a T6 Tiger with a shitter gun:

Wow, it is the exact same L/56 as the regular Tiger only a slower rate of fire (8.57 vs. 10.91). Esh. At least it'll get to bully Tier IV tanks sometimes?

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 15, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

Wow, it is the exact same L/56 as the regular Tiger only a slower rate of fire (8.57 vs. 10.91). Esh. At least it'll get to bully Tier IV tanks sometimes?

Are the armor and mobility layouts the same or has that been changed as well?

T4's that are not blisteringly retarded should have 0 problem penning this abomination. With that being said, this tank will probably rock low tier games like no other. Much like the regular Tiger, this tanks strength is the fact that it shits out shells at a shocking rate.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

T4's that are not blisteringly retarded should have 0 problem penning this abomination. With that being said, this tank will probably rock low tier games like no other. Much like the regular Tiger, this tanks strength is the fact that it shits out shells at a shocking rate.
Yeah, comparing the numbers it has retained its armor and mobility. HP dropped quite a bit, but that's the be expected with the Tier drop as well. It'll probably be pretty beastly in low-to-same tier match but abysmal against anything higher. Could be worth the trade-off.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

Yeah, comparing the numbers it has retained its armor and mobility. HP dropped quite a bit, but that's the be expected with the Tier drop as well. It'll probably be pretty beastly in low-to-same tier match but abysmal against anything higher. Could be worth the trade-off.

EU and RU with larger populations will love this tank, higher chance of getting in equal tier. SEA and US servers will be kicked up into high tier games often in this tank and thus become XP/Credit piñatas.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I like it so far. Yeah the pen is crap, but I got used to it since I ground out the VK3601H a long time ago with the same gun. It fires pretty fast, but the aim bloom isn't very good. I did 2.4k damage in the tier 8 game I played in it earlier though. Had to fire pure APCR in that match though.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I wonder if it will be worthwhile in tier 6 strongholds...the M6 and KV-85 are not exactly awe-inspiring. I bought the Tigeru but obviously I am at work and haven't had a chance to play it yet.

edit actually with the Bromwell, Rudy, and Fury there are a bunch of premiums that free up the need to keep those tier 6 tanks just for strongholds. Hmmm...

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Unless it moves as fast as fastbois, I doubt it will be used regularly by anyone good in tier 6 strongholds.

No doubt, shitlords a plenty will be running them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

unlawfulsoup posted:

Unless it moves as fast as fastbois, I doubt it will be used regularly by anyone good in tier 6 strongholds.

No doubt, shitlords a plenty will be running them.

Giant no armored inaccurate low alpha fairly slow moving poo poo box.

I welcome the pubbie masses using this with open arms.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's practically identical to the VK36 so I'm not entirely sure what all the sneering is about.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

It's practically identical to the VK36 so I'm not entirely sure what all the sneering is about.

If you are not jaded and cynical then you are not a cool kid and we cannot be friends :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Giant no armored inaccurate low alpha fairly slow moving poo poo box.

It's the TOG 2.0.