Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

They've never said this. People keep misinterpreting the Fall release of the SteamOS, Linux, and Mac versions as applying to the Windows version as well.
I would hope that there will be more specifics when the update on...the updates comes out this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
How is the dlc? is it any good?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Apparently it's good, but hella short. Like a little over an hour even if you take your sweet time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

Apparently it's good, but hella short. Like a little over an hour even if you take your sweet time.

Seems like a theme with these side character DLCs.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

It's pretty boring imo. The main change between Batgirl and Batman, apart from all the things you lose, is that she can use the remote hacker for a wider variety of things. That's it. Apparently it's only $6.99 or something though so it's not an awful gamble.

The predator rooms are pretty crummy and the combat is severely hampered by the lack of options. I liked the final boss and the Batgirl's animations.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I liked the DLC, there's one on a ghost pirate ship with like 13 goons. The final boss is fun. The super secret postgame easter egg is also a pretty cool creepy story.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd buy it if it had challenge rooms. It does not have challenge rooms apparently so I will not be in a rush to buy it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn it these later Campaign for Disarmament tank fights are making me so mad, moreso than any Riddler tunnel level. ffffffffffffffff

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The Tank fights became really easy for me once I started focusing on dodging shots more than firing back. And the hacking upgrade makes life way easier.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To young aspiring Batman: Arkham Knight players: Do not make my mistake of leaving all the tank poo poo until the end because then you'll have to do all of it in a row and it will be grueling. Spread out your most wanted missions until they become blocked out, then do story missions, and so on. It will save you SO much monotony.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

They've never said this. People keep misinterpreting the Fall release of the SteamOS, Linux, and Mac versions as applying to the Windows version as well.

Sober also genuinely believes the "the game wasn't QA tested to keep the story secret" rumor so it's safe to say he just doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Pirate Jet posted:

Sober also genuinely believes the "the game wasn't QA tested to keep the story secret" rumor so it's safe to say he just doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about.
You might want to read this.

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

To young aspiring Batman: Arkham Knight players: Do not make my mistake of leaving all the tank poo poo until the end because then you'll have to do all of it in a row and it will be grueling. Spread out your most wanted missions until they become blocked out, then do story missions, and so on. It will save you SO much monotony.

Once I got the feeling this game was 80% batmobile I immediately pumped all my upgrade points towards it in the story. I actually enjoyed alot of the tank bullshit thanks to that. Still, It is criminal that they went so hard on the drat batmobile poo poo as opposed to the actually fun dual fighting/dual predator mechanic. especially the dual predator mechanic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

45 minutes? Welp.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

polish sausage posted:

dual predator mechanic

I completely forgot that they did this for one 5 minute encounter and had to struggle to get what you were talking about.

They at least could have made one of the Penguin missions a dual predator room.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
It's really hosed up because it's the most fun I've had with the game. maybe it would have worn out it's welcome, but compared to the batmobile, I doubt it. Also Batgirl feels sluggish and heavy to me or something. Maybe it's me but I booted up the harley quinn stuff, and I had way more fun controlling her, she felt way snappier. Maybe I just like her aggressive berserker predator style more. It's shame her stuff is so short. All the really fun stuff in this game is so short.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Steve2911 posted:

I completely forgot that they did this for one 5 minute encounter and had to struggle to get what you were talking about.

They at least could have made one of the Penguin missions a dual predator room.

And had a Dual Predator AR map. Or more than 4 AR predator maps to begin with.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm doing my second playthrough now, and all the mooks keep talking about how they can't wait to see Batman and the Arkham Knight face off. It's like they're rubbing it in.

Also random Batmobile thought: In normal day-to-day use, when he's actually allowed to tag along, does Robin have to sit in the trunk babyseat?

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
Wow, the DLC ends kinda abruptly. I expected another scene story scene at least- the trailer actually had almost the entire story dialogue. I liked Robin's very few lines though - chesy but kinda fun. I'm not even sure if replacing Tim with any other Robin would have made a difference given how little he says and does. All in all, the real stars of the DLC are the goons- they have some hilarious dialogue.

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013

Knormal posted:

Also random Batmobile thought: In normal day-to-day use, when he's actually allowed to tag along, does Robin have to sit in the trunk babyseat?

Maybe Batman is one of those irresponsable parents who drive with their kids in their laps.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The goons in this DLC are hilarious. It seems to have some decent length to it. Batgirl is fun to play with. She isn't radically different from Batman, but I'm happy about that. I cannot for the life of me understand how you do 4 takedowns in 1 scare event though.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The worst game news site on the internet says anonymous people told them a ridiculous thing.

'Kay.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm mopping up the riddler's stuff and holding off on some military and two face levels because I want to go island by island for this last bit...

do I ever get a black batmobile again? The white and yellow bumblebee thing is fugly.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm mopping up the riddler's stuff and holding off on some military and two face levels because I want to go island by island for this last bit...

do I ever get a black batmobile again? The white and yellow bumblebee thing is fugly.
Go back to the showcase in the main menu, there is a tab for the Batmobiles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks to Reddit (yes, I know) I learned that you can magically pull nearby mooks to you to do fear takedowns if you happen to land on top of a sentry. So now I will be doing that wherever sentries pop up in the future.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Jet posted:

The worst game news site on the internet says anonymous people told them a ridiculous thing.

'Kay.

Seriously, lol. The port has enough flaws without making up weird poo poo about it. Far more plausible that they just got really cheap with things rather than trying to run a conspiracy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I spoke too soon. Beat the DLC. I actually quite enjoyed it even if it was critically short. I like that there was tons of dual play. I liked the bosses in this DLC more than most bosses in the main game if not all of them. They should've had another dual predator. Honestly just the novelty of letting us free roam as not Batman was fun enough. Got all the collectibles and trophies too. Glitched into the 4 takedown one, but I'll take it and trophies are no give backs.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

is it just me or are some of the riddler challenges super finicky? There's nothing quite as bad as arkham asylum's "make a question mark" perspective challenges, but I've had several switches and activators totally fail to work. The forensic scanner "follow the question marks" is particularly prone to cocking things up. A restart and a good shake of the fist has largely solved the issue, but there's a lot more weirdness than I remember.

I spent a solid twenty minutes trying to get one sonar trophy (the one that starts wayne tower) because the game kept on making me leave the batmobile... and that would cause me to lose the question mark trail and i'd have to go back and activate it again.

And there's one bomb rioter that had me screaming when I finally saw the "solution", which is incredibly bad design. Batman says "I can't get close unless I use Gadget X"... except there's no way to use Gadget X and you actually have to do something entirely different.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 15, 2015

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
After reading the reviews of the DLC i am glad I did not waste my money on the season pass. New content every month for 6 months.

July: a one hour long mission.
August: Skins

What a joke. We got that in the first 3 weeks free from the Witcher and the paid DLC is going to be 30-40 hours long.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raged posted:

After reading the reviews of the DLC i am glad I did not waste my money on the season pass. New content every month for 6 months.

What a joke. We got that in the first 3 weeks free from the Witcher and the paid DLC is going to be 30-40 hours long.

comparing a game like this to GOTY Witcher 3 is just cruel but yeah you'd think the opening salvo of DLC would at least give you a bit more.

I hear that the 1989 batmobile is only playable on 2 special racetracks which would be hilariously terrible but not surprising. game is full of cool poo poo you can only do once or use in just one instance

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The goon reviews of the DLC seem positive...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Knormal posted:

This was a new Batmobile that he just started using, so they're probably going with the thing where Robin just has his own motorcycle.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

This was a new Batmobile that he just started using, so they're probably going with the thing where Robin just has his own motorcycle.
The Asylum Batmobile had a passenger seat. Maybe Bruce got tired of roadtrip chatter. "I spy...someone who needs to call Selina back."

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Raged posted:

Honestly, I'm actually considering not even bothering with Batgirl and trading this game in somewhere while I can still actually get something for it. It's a gorgeous game, the punching is fantastic, and there's even a fair share of fun plot moments, but there's just so many huge lows that are making me not really want to pick it back up again any time soon. The barely existent challenge maps, the dull as hell tank fights, the nasty ratio of boring repetitive side-quests to actually good ones, worse bosses than Asylum, the terrible lengthy and unskippable flashback scenes where they introduce Jason Todd so we can pretend to be surprised later when he is the identity of the Arkham Knight...

I'm not sure if this game has more lows than highs, but those highs are barely above Arkham City and the lows might was well be the center of the goddamn earth.

Edit: Actually, NG+ made me realize that the only parts I was really looking forward to playing again were the Movie Studios and the Penguin side quest, and everything else felt like a real slog.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 15, 2015

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm halfway done with the Riddler challenges but I'm really not looking forward to finding the rest of the informants I need. It seems like they're much rarer than they were in City, though that map was a lot tighter than Knight's.

Nobody is listening to me when I say this, but -

take out thugs. For some reason new Riddler informants don't spawn unless you're taking out regular thugs.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

take out thugs. For some reason new Riddler informants don't spawn unless you're taking out regular thugs.

I listened to this but I had already done 100% by that point. This seems to be true, I just hopped in the Batmobile rather than flying around looking for dudes and got a lot more spawns. Some of them ran in the way of the totally not deadly tires though.

I think they reduced the number of riddles that are revealed with each informant as well. I did a pretty leisurely run of Arkham City and just grabbed informants as I found them and had no issue with everything being revealed after the end. Here I had to hunt them down in post game.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

RS probably realized that without XP coming from random fights, there was no incentive otherwise for the player to get mixed up in street fights. I still think removing that particular mode of xp collecting was dumb.

Aquasnake posted:

Can someone please elaborate on why everyone is in love with dual predator? I'm in NG+ about to get to Panessa. And if I remember correctly. Dual predator means you get three free long range silent takedowns... and that's it I think? Did I miss something awesome my first run through? It doesn't seem worth all the hype it gets.
I was unimpressed with Dual Predator--it was Dual Play room-fightin' with Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman I really enjoy.
(I hope I don't have the terms wrong here)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 15, 2015

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Can someone please elaborate on why everyone is in love with dual predator? I'm in NG+ about to get to Panessa. And if I remember correctly. Dual predator means you get three free long range silent takedowns... and that's it I think? Did I miss something awesome my first run through? It doesn't seem worth all the hype it gets.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Aquasnake posted:

You can also perform dual takedowns on the big guys. It's not that you get more tools or anything it's just that - to me - dual predator rooms flow a ton better than the solo ones. You can switch between characters during animations (which doesn't use up a "token" as you're not going into a takedown by doing so) and generally hop around like a pair of lunatics on speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

You get to swap between characters and use all of their tools while also instantly changing location. It's a fun twist on the predator gameplay. It makes the pacing of predator rooms way way faster.

• Locked thread