Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shabooty posted:

to actually do glamours you need to level the right DoH? i didn't see any prisms on the marketboard
You were probably searching wrong. Note that the serch only matches your input text to the start of item names, and glamour prisms start with "Grade <number>". So if you were looking for "Glamour" you won't find poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

How do you tell if it's a bot in a dungeon? Do they just not talk?

I had a bot in sastasha once. They never talked, they just ran ahead and pulled packs as a bard, and when we went to do the optional rooms (some guy wanted the achievement), they just sat at a point until we got close again, then proceeded to move again.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Is leveling the chocobo companion even worth it? If so, is there any one that excels better than the others?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Healer helps when levelling classes.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Etrips posted:

Is leveling the chocobo companion even worth it? If so, is there any one that excels better than the others?

They're a second source of damage/healing/target for enemies when doing FATES/Hunting/Random Overworld quests.

Summoning them is p. much always worth it.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
One thing I'd like to add to the occasional monk chat going on, is when you're trying to kill trash quickly don't bother with demolish. Just cycle through your combo as quick as you can and pump out rockbreakers, it's the best bang for your buck on 2 or more enemies. If it's a really big group I like to pop perfect balance>B4B and shame the real aoe classes in my group for all of 10 seconds using constant rockbreakers.

This will murder your TP like nothing else, so keep that in mind.

Edit: also, dont bother using arm of the destroyer. I'm still learning monk but I'm pretty sure it's complete garbage in 9/10 situations.

Sarrisan fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 15, 2015

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Gunna get gay-interspecies married when we hit 50. Thanks Obama!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ciaphas posted:

Hahahaha man I'd forgotten about the suplex of greeting. I can't wait for what they do with Hildiward

heavensbrand?

I hope to god you find him stuck on the underside of some island in the sea of clouds, or he slams into the archbishop's old office or something.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Truga posted:

Healer helps when levelling classes.

I initially leveled a White Mage so I went for a DPS spec and that thing deals a surprising amount of damage. I see no reason not to have your chocobo around whenever you're killing things on your own.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So is Serpentskin the best gathering set right now? Is it worth melding?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So is Serpentskin the best gathering set right now? Is it worth melding?

It is currently the best, but whether it's worth melding or not I don't think can be said quite yet since there's apparently a bunch of new recipes coming with red scrip next week. I would wait until then before starting on melds personally.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
How do people recommend incorporating Assize into a WHM's rotation?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm a fan that they put a skill called rear end size in the game while still leaving catbutts nerfed.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Does anyone have a macro for a level 31 carpenter trying to make high quality oak lumber? It's getting really time consuming and I'm loving up a bunch because I'm so tired.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Now that I've finished the 2.x grind, I want to take some time to post my thoughts: There needs to be a workaround. It's clear that the story isn't meant to be experienced in such quick succession, but right now new players are incentivized to do just that.

I don't know what an appropriate workaround would look like, but until there is one I would have to give a qualified recommendation right now. I'll still play, but I think I need to take break for a day or 3.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

RC Cola posted:

Does anyone have a macro for a level 31 carpenter trying to make high quality oak lumber? It's getting really time consuming and I'm loving up a bunch because I'm so tired.

Macros are no different from botting, do it from hand!

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Uh, you press it when you need to AoE heal people, or just use it on cooldown if you want mana, I guess. It's literally free so there's no need to "incorporate" it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Evil Fluffy posted:

Godbert' has by far the best limit break in FF14: (contains a character cameo spoiler I guess, though you'll hear them discussed in FC chat regardless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCSjoM7b0M

:allears:

What music is this? I really enjoy it whenever I hear it but can't seem to find it online.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If you're using a rotation on a healer I think you're doing something wrong anyways. Just use what you need to use, when you need to use it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SirPhoebos posted:

Now that I've finished the 2.x grind, I want to take some time to post my thoughts: There needs to be a workaround. It's clear that the story isn't meant to be experienced in such quick succession, but right now new players are incentivized to do just that.

I don't know what an appropriate workaround would look like, but until there is one I would have to give a qualified recommendation right now. I'll still play, but I think I need to take break for a day or 3.

I might get a friend or two to play with me later this year, and I'm just going to tell them to not bother with or worry about HW until they see the 2.0 content they want to see at their own pace. Level sync and roulettes exist, so it's not like we won't be able to play together/have dumb queue times.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If you're using a rotation on a healer I think you're doing something wrong anyways. Just use what you need to use, when you need to use it.

My healer rotation is Stoneskin + Adlo before the pull, then Fey Wind + Rouse -> Bio II -> Miasma -> Bio -> Shadow Flare -> Aero -> Broil spam

Add a Miasma II in there somewhere for 4+ enemies.

Seems to work well enough.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

RC Cola posted:

It depends on a lot of things (what skills you have unlocked, how many progress increases you need to finish it, your CP max) that you're probably better off just making your own macro. There are a bunch of sites like this one that can help you make it, though.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Use immediately when adds spawn in A2 for maximum threat

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What music is this? I really enjoy it whenever I hear it but can't seem to find it online.

From Fear to Fortitude, 2.4 midboss dungeon theme and used in a bunch of single-instance duties

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Assize and Shroud of Saints are your MP restoring abilities, and should generally be used on cooldown to get as much MP to work with as possible (long pauses due to tank afk or something notwithstanding). I typically pop one for one trash pack, then the other for the next trash pack, then back to the first for the one after that, and so on. If that means getting more MP than you'd otherwise need, it means you should be DPSing more. Cleric Stance Holy (esp. swiftcasted) and Aero 3 (whenever its dot falls off) are nice and GCD-efficient contributions to aoe DPS.

The only real question with Assize is whether to use it in Cleric Stance (most of the time, and best with multiple mobs if you can swing it) or outside of Cleric Stance (if everyone needs healing). Shroud of Saints's threat dump is most useful early in a pull if you've generated a lot of threat for some reason (group healing, Holy spam, etc.), but it's never a bad thing.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's a generic 'event battle' theme, so it shows up for story instances and cutscenes but I don't think any dungeons or anything like that. (Maybe a guildhest or two?)

In any case, the game files have it as 'bgm_event_battlecommon_02'. I don't know if it's on any of the released soundtracks.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So to make peak amounts of gil/easy collectible crafts should I finish my Culinarian or give Goldsmith a shot?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Truga posted:

I might get a friend or two to play with me later this year, and I'm just going to tell them to not bother with or worry about HW until they see the 2.0 content they want to see at their own pace. Level sync and roulettes exist, so it's not like we won't be able to play together/have dumb queue times.

You know, I'd almost suggest adding in a time-gate for new players as a way to say "take a break, you sperg". But history says that players hate arbitrary restrictions, especially ones that hadn't existed before (looking at you, Warlords no-fly).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fat_Cow posted:

So to make peak amounts of gil/easy collectible crafts should I finish my Culinarian or give Goldsmith a shot?

You don't have Carpenter at 50. You pretty much need to fix that because Byregot's Blessing is essential.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fat_Cow posted:

I am damned curious what your hq rate is.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
You know every class gets Byregots at 51 now right

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

if the Manderville questline is any indication, Goldsmiths have access to the best limit breaks so you should probably start there

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Doublestep posted:

It's a shittier, less efficient, more RNG dependent version though.

Basically, get Byregot's.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

That one requires a Good/Excellent status plus it's flat out worse with 6+ stacks of Inner Quiet. I never understood how people got reliable HQ crafting until I got Byregot, then it all started making sense.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i mean you use blessing on goods anyway but if it's worse after 6 rip

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Doublestep posted:

It's 150% Efficiency + 10% per IQ stack instead of 100% + 20% per IQ stack.

So yes at 6 stacks Byregot's Blessing pulls ahead by a substantial margin and never looks back.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 15, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's 150% Efficiency + 10% per IQ stack instead of 100% + 20% per IQ stack.

So yes at 6 stacks Byregot's Blessing pulls ahead by a substantial margin and never looks back.

Which helpfully lines up with the fact that you want to be using most your goods on Precise Touch now anyway.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Endings posted:

It's a generic 'event battle' theme, so it shows up for story instances and cutscenes but I don't think any dungeons or anything like that. (Maybe a guildhest or two?)

In any case, the game files have it as 'bgm_event_battlecommon_02'. I don't know if it's on any of the released soundtracks.

It is the theme used for every single level 30 combat class quest, and the sub bosses in Sastasha HM. Other than those and the "Godbert is about to wreck you" Hildy cutscenes it isn't used much.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Doublestep posted:

The way I've usually used Blessing is after setting it up with Great Strides + Innovation and you simply cannot reliably pull off the discount Byregot's in a combo that way. I have it on my bar but I don't think I've ever actually used the ability.

So far I've found a lot of the new crafting abilities to be underwhelming compared to the old standbys, with the exceptions of Precise Touch (which is awesome) and the level 54 class-specific abilities.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Endings posted:

I believe it's called "Fear to Fortitude" or something like that. I know it's on the ARR blu ray soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Is spending all of my gil to buy a room in our guild house financially savvy, and will it help to validate my self worth?

• Locked thread