Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It really kicks the llama's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

rodbeard posted:

It really kicks whips the llama's rear end.

For shame!

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR??

Not far enough

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PittTheElder posted:

Shockingly it works in Canada. I would be so happy if being a Dominion got us access to the BBC online services in general though.

BBC shows are a funny thing for overseas watchers. I once tried to find Region 1 QI and Peep Show DVDs, and evidently they just don't exist. But I'm also not allowed to watch it online legit, so :filez: it is I guess.

I looked for a way to pay for QI too and could find nada.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Takkaryx posted:

Also iirc they only blocked the most recent series of QI so if you aren't caught up there's tons you can watch on YouTube for free.

I kind of found the opposite to be true. I started watching from the beginning a few years ago and got through the first few seasons before taking a break for a while. When I tried to start watching again I found them all region-blocked except for the most recent ones, which I assume the BBC or whoever hadn't gotten around to doing that yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

syscall girl posted:

I looked for a way to pay for QI too and could find nada.

It's more or less impossible to get it in North America because of licensing issues- apparently they would need to re aquire rights for nearly every single one of those clips shown on the back screens. It's a legal and financial nightmare so we're stuck with either importing or YouTube.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

E:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
QI is going to be on bbc america, I have no idea what you need to get that but it's some thing I read.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

QI is not funny.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SLOSifl posted:

QI is not funny.

Well it's not called QF is it?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Any idea what the name of the guy making the gay marriage joke is in that clip? He seems like a happening dude.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

Choco1980 posted:

Any idea what the name of the guy making the gay marriage joke is in that clip? He seems like a happening dude.

Bob Mortimer.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

SLOSifl posted:

QI is not funny.

Look at how wrong this post is.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

SLOSifl posted:

QI is not funny.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

:golfclap:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

:vince:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*fart*

QI is the only acceptable way to laugh at gay jokes and not look like a bigot for your more liberal friends. Basically, Stephen Fry is everyone's one gay friend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's basically the Cards Against Humanity show.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The best thing about QI is how different the actual tone of the show is to the initial impression it gives. On the first glance it's got Stephen Fry, british accents, a relatively posh studio, and the goal to be "Quite Interesting", so you might be led to believe it would be a relatively sophisticated programme.

Then you actually watch it and it's basically half an hour of nonstop dick jokes.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

FactsAreUseless posted:

Except you know not poo poo.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Paladinus posted:

*fart*

QI is the only acceptable way to laugh at gay jokes and not look like a bigot for your more liberal friends. Basically, Stephen Fry is everyone's one gay friend.

I think this says a bit more about you than it does about QI, man.

FactsAreUseless posted:

wouldn't expect someone with a username like that to appreciate QI

haha. sorry. i kid but that is actually a terrible comparison

Perestroika posted:

Then you actually watch it and it's basically half an hour of nonstop dick jokes.

seriously is there an edit for foreign audiences you guys are watching that I'm not aware of

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Look at you not watching the XL cut.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

God drat :laffo:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Faux Mulder posted:

I think this says a bit more about you than it does about QI, man.

No, shockingly, I'm not gay.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

My Lovely Horse posted:

Look at you not watching the XL cut.

I prefer XL uncut :heysexy:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

You forgot the klaxon sound. :(

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TinTower posted:

You forgot the klaxon sound. :(

drag and drop into your MP3 player :ssh:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shut 'er down. We've hit peak funny!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You are my new favourite person.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
qi is definitely mostly poo poo and dick jokes

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm at work. What happens with that gif in an MP3 player?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm at work. What happens with that gif in an MP3 player?

Well, someone said "you forgot the klaxon sound" and someone else said "try opening the gif in an mp3 player," so my working guess would be that PROBABLY if you open the gif in an mp3 player, it plays the klaxon sound. just guessin'

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

this post is the poo poo right here

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What sort of mp3 player will do this? I just tried Windows Media Player and VLC and neither made any noise.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
More like 80% dick jokes 20% half-remembered maybe-facts that the researchers will totally for reals put corrections for on the website, which definitely everyone who watches it will see.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

More like 80% dick jokes 20% half-remembered maybe-facts that the researchers will totally for reals put corrections for on the website, which definitely everyone who watches it will see.

They do corrections on the show. I think episode K Knowledge talked about how a given percentage of "facts" will not be factual after x number of years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGgmmX-dzgU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I wouldn't say QI is funny but it is pretty entertaining if you want to kill an hour and want something interesting but also mildly chuckleworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

I wouldn't say QI is funny but it is pretty entertaining if you want to kill an hour and want something interesting but also mildly chuckleworthy.
People say the same thing, word-for-word, about Cards Against Humanity.

• Locked thread