Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Barnyard Protein posted:

what is snorlax, team food or team sleep?

Team Bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Barnyard Protein posted:

He would be a conscientious objector.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
While the L3 Nozzle is awful for Turf Wars I'm really enjoying it on Tower Control and Splat Zones. It's pretty solid.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Barnyard Protein posted:

Seeing that Snorlax just woked up after 6 generations of pokemon games, team food.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Barnyard Protein posted:

Clearly Snorlax if team sleep while Munchlax is team food.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Zaphod42 posted:

Nintendo really has near-zero experience with matchmade online gaming. Its just massive ignorance.

people say this with every new nintendo game that has online ever since mario kart ds and poo poo like brawl almost a decade ago. when does their free pass on delivering poo poo online experiences expire?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mario Kart 8 has perfectly fine online so its not like they didn't learn anything from the previous iterations in the franchise.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Drastic Actions posted:

So that's Slowbeef right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHK3Ilt9uA

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fedule posted:

We've all woken up to eat before, but whoever heard of stopping a meal to sleep?!

Thanksgiving?

Gotta have that nap before pie.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fedule posted:

We've all woken up to eat before, but whoever heard of stopping a meal to sleep?!

Mid-pizza nap?

e: You'll all be happy to know that i'm just going to cheat and wait for the day of the second splatfest to check social media for complaints about "Team A only fighting Team A and hardly any Team A vs Team B matches" before I put in my 2.5-4 hours work getting Splat King.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Anybody have experience using this Ethernet adapter with the WiiU? I'm thinking of picking it up while it's on sale.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Agent Rush posted:

Anybody have experience using this Ethernet adapter with the WiiU? I'm thinking of picking it up while it's on sale.

Haven't tried that one, but I've used the monoprice one since the system came out and it works fine. Plus it's always cheap.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031102&p_id=9468&seq=1&format=2

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Agent Rush posted:

That's the one I use, I have no complaints about it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Agent Rush posted:

I picked up the same one recently and have had only one game drop since. It's good.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I'm having a really hard time picking between Team Eat or Team Sleep. I love eating good food, but I also love sleeping for 10 hours and more...

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Agent Rush posted:

Can also confirm its legitimacy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Zand posted:

people say this with every new nintendo game that has online ever since mario kart ds and poo poo like brawl almost a decade ago. when does their free pass on delivering poo poo online experiences expire?

Given that this generations online offerings have been miles better than the previous, I think they're okay now. Mario Kart 8 is rock solid, and Smash 4 and Splatoon are really good with the occasional laggy match.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Given that this generations online offerings have been miles better than the previous, I think they're okay now. Mario Kart 8 is rock solid, and Smash 4 and Splatoon are really good with the occasional laggy match.

Nintendo's teething problem with online stuff was that their business practices are very old-school hardcore Japanese. Rather than going out and hiring a bunch of web designers, they probably just trained their own existing staff. Hence a lack of common-sense with stuff like online accounts. Now they're finally catching on and playing catch-up.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gently caress yeah

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I don't get Disruptors, how do they work?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

pokeyman posted:

I don't get Disruptors, how do they work?

Any inkling caught in their blast radius gets severely debuffed. They walk and swim significantly slower, their ink refills slower, and they cannot hide in their ink while swimming, there's a big marker over them. And by significantly I mean roughly 60% reduction, it's massive. It doesn't hinder their ability to shoot you back and kill you, which is probably where a lot of confusion about their usefulness comes from, but disruptors completely destroy inkbrushes and rollers and anyone with a shorter range gun than you, and it forces them to have to fight you right now or die because running is no longer an option.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Any advice on inkbrushing on moray towers? I feel like that's my weakest map in turf wars, cleaning up those lanes is risky as hell with a short range weapon. I'm doing ok throwing sprinklers, but drat I want to get more done you know?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

gnome7 posted:

Any inkling caught in their blast radius gets severely debuffed. They walk and swim significantly slower, their ink refills slower, and they cannot hide in their ink while swimming, there's a big marker over them. And by significantly I mean roughly 60% reduction, it's massive. It doesn't hinder their ability to shoot you back and kill you, which is probably where a lot of confusion about their usefulness comes from, but disruptors completely destroy inkbrushes and rollers and anyone with a shorter range gun than you, and it forces them to have to fight you right now or die because running is no longer an option.

Do they actually get a marker over them? Cause that would completely invalidate the point sensor.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

dragon enthusiast posted:

Do they actually get a marker over them? Cause that would completely invalidate the point sensor.

Only when swimming, it looks like there's a moving mine with tiny squids popping off it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Point sensors cost less ink and can be thrown much farther.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Only when swimming, it looks like there's a moving mine with tiny squids popping off it.

I don't think I've ever noticed this on an enemy, only when I'm debuffed, but that might just be because barely anybody uses disruptors.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Inkbrush seems like a bad weapon for moray towers to me. It's strengths are covering a wide area around you by shaking it, or rushing to a key point of the map while allies swim behind you. Neither of these really apply to this map since its all narrow ramps and the quickest way to the middle is to jump down. I guess if there are snipers locking down the middle area you might be able to use your speed to zip past under their noses and get allies to jump to you?

Also re: disruptors, the mark is just a kind of haze floating above their head, it's plenty noticeable if they're right in front of you but it doesn't give every member of your team an "enemy this way" indicator like point sensors do.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I like the nozzlenose a lot, but not its subs. I'd really like one with suction bomb/bubbler or something for turf war.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Suction bombs and ink walls are great subs for tower mode, for what should be obvious reasons. Everyone should be rolling those in tower ranked thank you.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Too bad those fascists at Nintendo didn't put either one with a blaster

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Because blasters are ezmode for hitting people on the tower anyway so no worries

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

LethalGeek posted:

Because blasters are ezmode for hitting people on the tower anyway so no worries

Now that I think about it blasters are functionally like rapid-fire, weaker suction bombs

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh this hour long losing streak is testing me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

That clears it up excellently, thank you!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I don't see why we couldn't've had the ability to mix and match subs and specials.

I mean cynical-me would've thought they were withholding them for DLC and some of the DLC stuff has been identical weapons with different add-ons but they're also releasing actual new weapons sooo...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Splet is so much more fun with a stable connection and 60/10mb down/up rather than my old lovely one of 15/1 on a good day. I just went from C- 60 I think to C+ 68 in the span of an hour or so. Helps I had a drat good team, and that the 96deco is amazingly good on Arowana and Mackerel.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fedule posted:

I don't see why we couldn't've had the ability to mix and match subs and specials.

I mean cynical-me would've thought they were withholding them for DLC and some of the DLC stuff has been identical weapons with different add-ons but they're also releasing actual new weapons sooo...

Because that would wreck balance even harder than it already is. The weapon sets are clearly designed to have specific niches and synergies, letting you run any combination would ruin that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else find they have much more lag on the Skatepark than any other level? Past couple of days I've been noticing way more problems with it. Every other level is fine or serious lag issues are minor, but in the park people are constantly exploding 3-5 seconds after winning a showdown or new ink is taking a while to show up or some other such issue. One of my friends brought it up too, he's actually refusing to play when it's in the rotation now.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So I really like the squiffer, but I just got a version with inkstrike and mines thanks to hero mode. Is one version any better than the other? How does strategy change depending on the loadout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

A couple other people said it before, but the marker from Disruptors is only visible when they're on screen. It's just a little circle marker above where they are in the ink, so you can keep shooting them if they try to hide and wait out the debuff. Point Sensors show them on your map, and also on every one of your allies' maps, and they do that thing where it draws a line between the affected squid and all your allies so they always know what direction the enemy is, AND it shows that little circle marker above where they are if they are hiding in ink. Disruptors are good for making a fight against one or two enemies significantly easier, while point sensors are for keeping tabs on the enemy team and helping coordinate your own team.

• Locked thread