Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Anyone know if anything vinyl-related is on the Amazon Prime Day sale list? I've been waiting for a sale before pulling the trigger on this cartridge, but it's the same price it's always been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Evidently it's 15% off warehouse deals, so maybe if there's a cart in there.

Although I ordered a warehouse AT95E a few months ago and they sent me a headshell instead (in the cart's box) - so YMMV.

edit: just looked, there's 1, $59.00 if you have to pay tax.

Bud fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 15, 2015

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Picked up Le Butcherette's album last night at their show with The Melvins in Omaha. Was hoping for some Melvins vinyl, but no dice. They did have some Altamont picture discs that I wish I had grabbed too now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Found a gem at the junk store today

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit
Well color me jealous.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Had a nice pickup at my local today. Cadallaca were a short lived band featuring Corin Tucker who released this single LP in 1998. It was a nice surprise to come across a copy.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Attention soundtrack weirdos: Daft Punk's TRON: Legacy is apparently being reissued next month for $40 and you can preorder it on amazon.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

iluvpr0n posted:

Attention soundtrack weirdos: Daft Punk's TRON: Legacy is apparently being reissued next month for $40 and you can preorder it on amazon.

Assuming that listing isn't some mistake on Amazon's part, $40 isn't a bad deal considering how much the original pressing resells for:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

yeah, dummies paying $225 makes $40 a good price for the tron legacy soundtrack

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's expensive, but it's a legitimate Daft Punk record and they don't come around that often.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It is legitimately the weakest Daft Punk album.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's expensive, but it's a legitimate Daft Punk record and they don't come around that often.

Word

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think I was the only person on the planet who wasn't disappointed by RAM, but I still think the Tron soundtrack was better.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I didn't even know that was a thing you couldn't buy anymore.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The latest vinyls to hit your local Hot Topic: The Best of Mega Man 1-2, 4-10 OST is now in stock, right alongside your favorite My Little Pony picture discs!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ballz posted:

The latest vinyls to hit your local Hot Topic: The Best of Mega Man 1-2, 4-10 OST is now in stock, right alongside your favorite My Little Pony picture discs!

But would vinyl really be the best medium to hit all of those 8 bits?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

What would an illegitimate Daft Punk record be?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

A human heart posted:

What would an illegitimate Daft Punk record be?

Dude DP are heavily bootlegged and most of those copies don't sound as good as the affordable and readily available cd versions.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

You're setting the bar pretty high there. It's still a drat good record.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Cult of Endtime - In Charnel Lights. My latest acquisition is this debut from a very good Finnish death metal outfit, featuring one of us, the delightfully-named goon Funeral Fag (not sure who he actually is in the band).

Such Finnish names.

Nice vinyl.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Detective Thompson posted:

Cult of Endtime - In Charnel Lights. My latest acquisition is this debut from a very good Finnish death metal outfit, featuring one of us, the delightfully-named goon Funeral Fag (not sure who he actually is in the band).

Such Finnish names.

Nice vinyl.

That's gorgeous, drat. Will definitely check these guys out.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
You can stream it here for your listening pleasure.
https://cultofendtime.bandcamp.com/album/in-charnel-lights

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so uh

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Looks expensive.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CPL593H posted:

Looks expensive.

$75 this wednesday. Which to be honest isn't so bad for a 4xLP of a very gated IP and cool art. I'm on the fence right now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It looks pretty, not my thing though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I've never actually played those games so I have no idea what the music is like.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
Hooray for video game soundtracks?

I'm still waiting for the 3rd pressing of the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack to ship, been dying to blast some tight weird tracks. Also along those lines I got the Sword and Sworcery LP a while back, it's pretty nifty for what it is.

My most recent albums are Opeth - Pale Communion and Sia - 1000 Forms of Fear. Both were ~$10 on Amazon so I couldn't pass them up.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CPL593H posted:

I've never actually played those games so I have no idea what the music is like.

quite bad. video games have the mistaken idea that to maintain gamers' attention you need to change environment and themes a lot, and the music reflects that. anemic instrumentation and thematically lacking is how i'd describe it as music. but as a soundtrack it's honestly one of the best ever.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I wonder if it'll make it to shops or just be a website product, I might pick it up if I see it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ernie. posted:

quite bad
. video games have the mistaken idea that to maintain gamers' attention you need to change environment and themes a lot, and the music reflects that. anemic instrumentation and thematically lacking is how i'd describe it as music. but as a soundtrack it's honestly one of the best ever.

:confused:

(I liked the soundtrack quite a bit, although I'm not sure it's worth a 4 LP treatment)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

quite bad ... as music.
but as a soundtrack it's honestly one of the best ever.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Ballz posted:

:confused:

(I liked the soundtrack quite a bit, although I'm not sure it's worth a 4 LP treatment)

The article says it has all the sound cues as well.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dogen posted:

The article says it has all the sound cues as well.

Meh. Could've made it a single LP with the best compositions and thrown in the Hank Williams song. Then if they wanted fancy packaging include a hardcover book with artwork and liner notes.

But for the same price and less effort you'll get just as many sales.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Went shopping with me dad around Seattle yesterday. Picked up so good sounds, but some EXPENSIVE bootlegs that I honestly got screwed over for - but that's my bad.

Paid $60 for that weird Music on Vinyl edition of Amputechture when it goes for like $20-$30 and I also paid $30 for that Stone Roses (2010 Japanese bootleg) when it goes for $20. But oh well, they're good albums!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

WASDF posted:

Went shopping with me dad around Seattle yesterday. Picked up so good sounds, but some EXPENSIVE bootlegs that I honestly got screwed over for - but that's my bad.

Paid $60 for that weird Music on Vinyl edition of Amputechture when it goes for like $20-$30 and I also paid $30 for that Stone Roses (2010 Japanese bootleg) when it goes for $20. But oh well, they're good albums!

New protomartyr is up for preorder and it's pretty cheap too. The album you have has one of the best put together lyric sheets in a while.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

TubeStank posted:

New protomartyr is up for preorder and it's pretty cheap too. The album you have has one of the best put together lyric sheets in a while.

Yeah the lyric sheet/punk zine is a great addition. The whole package is awesome with the jacket being a good fit and the sleeves being those nice non-static plastic see-through ones! A great surprise for something that was only $13.

Also I know there's something weird about download codes in this section, but I've got some codes for that Women record and The Lonesome Crowded West if anyone wants 'em.

WASDF fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 24, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

WASDF posted:

Yeah the lyric sheet/punk zine is a great addition. The whole package is awesome with the jacket being a good fit and the sleeves being those nice non-static plastic see-through ones! A great surprise for something that was only $13.

Also I know there's something weird about download codes in this section, but I've got some codes for that Women record and The Lonesome Crowded West if anyone wants 'em.

Would take both/either.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So this is strange, I was playing How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful and I noticed that the second LP has the A side label from the first LP. Is this a known production error or did I just stumble into a collectors item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I dealt with an issue last month where a record I pre-ordered arrived with two C/D LPs with one labeled as A/B. They sent me a replacement and it had the same issue, but third time was the charm.