Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I need HOT TIPS for a first-time concert-goer seeing Death Grips this weekend.

Please tell me how to not die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SuperDucky posted:

Yes, I'm alone but I have bourbon, an Xbox one on a projector, an e46 and e30 to complain about/curse at, and get to go out of town 2 weekends a month to race my rear end off on boats, puke my brains out and nail randoms I might only see the next time I'm at that yacht club again, most expenses paid.

If only I could tell middle/high school me things do get better...

after you graduate college!

You win :smith:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

N is for Nipples posted:

I need HOT TIPS for a first-time concert-goer seeing Death Grips this weekend.

Please tell me how to not die.

Don't fall down.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yes. Yes he does.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

You, too can live the privileged life of the superducky. Just mosey on down to your local sailing/yacht club on beercan race night (most sailing clubs have this one weeknight a week, ours is Wednesday) find the raciest looking boat you can and ask, " you need crew tonight?" Three years later, with some good coaching and some practice, you'll be traveling all over your region too, because people will be begging you to crew on their race boats. So long as you're decent.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
All of this news about New Horizon has made me want to play Kerbal Space Program again. Are Kethane and ComSat still good mods? I want a satellite network to probe planets and start an intergalactic mining company.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
no, stayvaway from kethane, its abandoned. There's a stock resource system now.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Terrible Robot posted:

I downloaded my copy from Steam just the other day, but since all the tutorials said to dump the new stuff into the Vehicles folder thats where I stuck it. I'll try copying them to the mods folder and see if that works.

e; I don't have a 'mods' folder, is this something you have to create?

Give it a shot, you won't break anything.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

SuperDucky posted:

You, too can live the privileged life of the superducky. Just mosey on down to your local sailing/yacht club on beercan race night (most sailing clubs have this one weeknight a week, ours is Wednesday) find the raciest looking boat you can and ask, " you need crew tonight?" Three years later, with some good coaching and some practice, you'll be traveling all over your region too, because people will be begging you to crew on their race boats. So long as you're decent.

I'm not a boat guy =/

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Nothing beats sitting 2 feet away from the A/C on 60* after work. Oh man.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nothing beats sitting 2 feet away from the A/C on 60* after work. Oh man.

I think you need some scotch too

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Not a big fan of drinking when severely dehydrated and have to wake up at 5AM for work.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've never used it, but if you want something beyond the stock resources in KSP get Karbonite.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Not a big fan of drinking when severely dehydrated and have to wake up at 5AM for work.

It's not dehydration, silly, you just need less alcohol to get into the ~Fun Zone~ now!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

SilentW posted:

It's not dehydration, silly, you just need less alcohol to get into the ~Fun Zone~ now!

Exactly. Harden up

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Enourmo posted:

I've never used it, but if you want something beyond the stock resources in KSP get Karbonite.

I looked into Karbonite before and didn't like how it seems like you just pull 60 different types of fuel from every biome. I liked Kethane because you had to scan for the stuff and you could only find it in small pockets in limited quantities. Whereas Karbonite is just "Drill Baby Drill! It doesn't matter where, you'll pull something out and it's limitless"

I'll see what the stock resource system is like.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

In a sad development, I am out of beer :(

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

SuperDucky posted:

Strangely, there seems to be a startling lack of yacht clubs near the thriving sailing mecca of Buckeye, AZ. :v:

To be fair, there are sailing clubs that do stuff on Lake Pleasant up north of Phoenix, and there are even small boat races on Tempe Town Lake, but I don't think the 'vibe' is anything like what you get, and there is certainly not a yacht club there. :) Also, it would be good if I was 20 or 30 years younger to start!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Locator posted:

I'm approaching 50, so if I had a kid instead of adopting, they would go right from graduating high-school to being my caretaker. No need to ever move out!

Oh I dunno, if by some freak occurrence at the age of 46 I somehow have a kid, they would have a fuckload of trouble keeping up with me, even with my dodgy and definitely arthritic knees. Actually the family has a long history of not sitting in chairs in God's waiting room (aka nursing home) but rather staying unresonably active right until departing this world.

But I'm not going to have kids because like a few others, I'm a selfish oval office who much rather do his own thing and besides I know quite drat well I'd be a terrible parent. I have not a lot of patience and I like my sleep.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
So, i have been away some days on holiday. the kids loved staying in a zoo/amusement park in their bungalows. for my part, i have had enough captain sabertooth for a lifetime. I think both me and the boys are over the crash, when we picked up our new Tesla as a part of our road trip, Kid#2 (the one with the broken arm) said "i like this blue one better, try not crashing it dad" and went happily into the back seat. I can now breathe trough my nose again without pain and i look much less like a post fight picture of a mma fighter.

We take over the house in two weeks. a very nice suprise was that a couple of friends who was dog/house sitting for us have packed most of our poo poo for us. My wife forced me into taking the kids to my dads cabin by the sea for the next week or so, to let her do the rest of the packing. when she goes into "work mode" she gets a bit crazy (med school work habits i guess) and wanted to deal with the rest of the packing solo. since the kids loves spending time at the cabin and it needs a new roof i put up only a very small fight. Its real awsome out there. solar panels and well water. no road the last mile so you have to enter either via 30mins of hiking trough a marsh or boat. i will try and grab some pictures for you so you can se how much like a hermit i like to spend my off time.

cancer news... still going the right way according to the doctors and the latest images. two weeks until i resume radiation treatment.

and STR: Dude. i am so sorry man. The only thing i want less then dealing with this poo poo myself is to witness it loving up someone in my close family. If you or your mom are wondering about treatment and side effects and stuff , let me know and i will try and give you guys a first person view. give yourself a big hug from me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

Great newses.

I like this update. How's the new Tesla? Any differences from the old one? Any feedback from Tesla about the old one?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

fjelltorsk posted:

"i like this blue one better, try not crashing it dad"

That cracked me up. Also, did I miss it or were there never any updated photo's of the crushed Tesla?

Glad to hear all the great news overall!

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

meatpimp posted:

I like this update. How's the new Tesla? Any differences from the old one? Any feedback from Tesla about the old one?

The new Tesla is great, but very similar. basicly it has every option besides 21" on the winters and the rear spoiler is now painted in the same colour as the rest of the car. Its deep blue metallic with a grey "next gen interior". It might be just my imagination but i do feel like they have tightened their ship qc wise during the production run. everything just feels abit more...solid. the visors are still poo poo tho. Skipping the seats in the trunk made the car feel even more spaceus.

regarding smashed tesla pics. i posted a smal cropped pic that i got in the pdf from the insurer. i am afraid there will not be more pictures posted of the smashed tesla. i cant go into specifics. but if you add the fact that i havent really posted any photos of int online and Tesla gave me a great deal on a car with a 6 months waiting list that they pulled out of their rear end to get to me. maybe you get the picture?

I will say that the tesla worked like a champ in the crash. it looked ugly. but the passenger cabin was near straight and the injuries minimal

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

The Locator posted:

That cracked me up. Also, did I miss it or were there never any updated photo's of the crushed Tesla?

Glad to hear all the great news overall!
I never saw any photos of the crashed one.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

The Locator posted:

Strangely, there seems to be a startling lack of yacht clubs near the thriving sailing mecca of Buckeye, AZ. :v:

There seems to be a startling lack of pretty much anything out here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I regret NOTHING.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

The Locator posted:

My wife's cousin and husband moved to Lake Havasu a few years ago because they loved their "boating scene." I poo poo you not.. They were back in a year or two. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree because their dad is in his early 60's and is planning to walk from San Francisco to New York starting in March of next year. And, no he isn't an avid walker, he just started walking 2 miles a day last month and has diabeetus. My wife says the death pool I started is in poor taste. His other daughter likes the idea of the death pool since she's the only realist that he's insulated himself with.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I regret NOTHING.

Nothing bad will ever come from you boasting about overeating enormous amounts of empty calories.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

At least at Lake Havasu there is actually a pretty large lake right there. I don't know that the sailing would be very good given it's location, but I know it's one hell of a party-boat mecca at spring break! We went there once when I was a teenager with the family boat, and never returned, it's just a really boring lake without much of interest at all if you aren't a partier. Much better to go up to Lake Powell and explore canyons.

Lake Mead is probably a lot better location for sailing, but if you live in Havasu, it's still a fair drive (over 2 hours) to Mead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Nothing bad will ever come from you boasting about overeating enormous amounts of empty calories.

Those calories were DELICIOUS.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Empty calories, my rear end. Totally worth it.

You're going to oil slick the toilet tomorrow morning and not even care.

e: I recommend an entire pint of ben and jerrys instead next time.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

meatpimp posted:

Those calories aren't empty, they're full of JOY!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Guy I'm on a date with right now: "You made me realize that it's not all about looks."

:smithicide:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

goatse guy posted:

Guy I'm on a date with right now: "You made me realize that it's not all about looks."

ooooouch. I'm sorry. Time to drink him under the table and make him pay for it.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

goatse guy posted:

Haha, he's probably negging you. Next time he's in the bathroom ditch.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
gently caress that guy.

Erm. Not gently caress him as in have sex with, but gently caress him as in hit with a rake.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Yeah yeah I decided to get drunk and talk about how much I missed an ex so YOLO

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Wow. What a dick. I'd start dishing it back to him. Or just give him the finger and bail. Either one would work well, I think.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

goatse guy posted:

:stare: Hope you went somewhere expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Go to the waitress POS thing they usually have by the bar and say "My husband offered to pay the bill for the table next to us because he accidentally spilled that lady's (or guy's) drink. so can you please add their bill to ours?"

And then walk out. Don't say goodbye to him.

• Locked thread