Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Rank 4 any trap hole and it's generic. You don't even have to draw your trap cards any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 any trap hole and it's generic. You don't even have to draw your trap cards any more.

I like that it doesn't take up backrow but you still have to set aside the deck and extra deck space v:shobon:v.

Plus there's that nightmare scenario of drawing your bottomless trap hole. Is there another commonly used rank 4 that's worth taking out to make space for it?

Also it seems hard to use for BA and Qlis but might be reasonable in Shaddoll.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 15, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

Plus there's that nightmare scenario of drawing your bottomless trap hole

The horror

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PLease don't talk about my trap hole in such a wanton manner

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The worst thing is when you get your hole when you dont want or need it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Is Vajra going to breathe new life into Artifacts?

(Also sylvan support! IT BRINGS poo poo BACK FROM THE GRAVE HELL YEAH BOYYYYYYY)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You mean the archetype that gets locked by everyones favorite new synchro dragon? :haw:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Clear Wing owns

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(Also sylvan support! IT BRINGS poo poo BACK FROM THE GRAVE HELL YEAH BOYYYYYYY)

Vajra is EXACTLY what Artifacts needed and it kind of scares me.

Also NEW BUJIN CARD gently caress YEAH. Bujins are like, one of my top five favorite decks ever, so I am SUPER excited about this.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh no, I drew a trap hole, what ever shall I do? No possible way I could actually set Bottomless, Spacetime, void, or traptrix nightmare, then I might have to worry. Rank 4 is a blight upon the game.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
gently caress YEAH ANOTHER TOON! I thought that konami was done supporting toons after the last batch of cards, hopefully they keep giving support.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Barrel Dragon, he's cool

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hope none of you guys were looking forward for Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/621484253302292480

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eat poo poo, Lightsworners

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

gently caress Lightsworns

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I would be super pissed right now if I played Yugioh IRL. Minerva is a drat good rank 4 card, even outside of Lightsworn, and seeing it turned into a prize card is just insulting.

Good job as usual, Konami.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

gently caress Rank 4s

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Wait are you seriously telling me the only way that particular cards are released are as prizes? Because that sounds hilarious.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Wait are you seriously telling me the only way that particular cards are released are as prizes? Because that sounds hilarious.

Yes. It's not the first time, and it's not the last. TCG has a terrible habit of doing this.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Yes. It's not the first time, and it's not the last. TCG has a terrible habit of doing this.

If you think about it all Konami has done is bring the Pachinko parlor system to the US. This way they can still claim that they don't give out cash prices while the players still get something of significant value.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Normal monster bujin means you can rescue rabbit into susanowo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I do hope the tradition of giving every archetype one normal monster is coming back. (Zure and Renge of Dark World, Gladiator Beast Andal, etc, etc)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I don't like Bujins because at first the AI always kicked my rear end using those decks.
Bloody Crane.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hope none of you guys were looking forward for Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/621484253302292480

noooooooooooooo

Dexie posted:

What else has been prize only? I honestly thought this was only a thing lovely f2p app games did.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Blood mefist for one.

Dabir posted:

I do hope the tradition of giving every archetype one normal monster is coming back. (Zure and Renge of Dark World, Gladiator Beast Andal, etc, etc)

And with normal pendulums, they can actually do something, instead of being booster filler that no one runs.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 16, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zoness posted:

What else has been prize only? I honestly thought this was only a thing lovely f2p app games did.

Blood Mefist, Giant Hand, and Ascension Sky Dragon.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Trish is free.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And Lavalal Chain is forbidden :raise:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Also RIP Releaser and a limit on Shurit. Seems like a p big hit to Nekroz :(.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ahhahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

TRISH IS FREEEEEED
CHAIN IS DEAD.

This makes me so happy.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I was expecting a hit to Royal Magical Library or Instant Fusion, but this is fine too I guess.

Now I just need a Trishula reprint so I can afford the drat thing and I'll be on top of the world.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Lavalval chain dead finally kills infernities. It also heads off clownblade before it can be a thing over here.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hjalmar posted:

I was expecting a hit to Royal Magical Library or Instant Fusion, but this is fine too I guess.

I mean they're undoubtedly powerful effects but there hasn't been a deck abusing RML in tournaments since the limiting of Mind Augus afaik and instant fusion was mostly used in infernities which as said above is hit by the chain ban too? Let me keep instant fusion to jam cyber dragons and nova->infinity on ygopro :v:

Also I mean beyond lavalval chain fueling particular combos like the releaser lock or w/e in other decks from looking at WCG decks people are just running it as a Rank 4 toolkit to find Shaddoll Dragon / Farfa which is probably the main reason to axe it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Releaser of Rituals banned and Strategist of the Nekroz limited. This is a good day.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So long as they hit Norden somehow as soon as it becomes legal, I have zero beef with Instant Fusion.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is the worst thing.

#UnchainMyBrotherLavalval

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think banning chain is like, the right idea overall. Easily accessible toolkits are generally hard to develop/balance around unless you do weird things like make super parasitic non rank 4 tribes. When non-BA lists run Farfa just to fetch with chain it's probably a sign that chain is the problem.

That said BA is basically unaffected I guess?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

#ICanBreakTheseChains
#YouCantBreakTheseChains

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

TCGs by their very nature are lovely f2p games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

He sent everything to the grave. Now konami has sent him to his grave. #RIPchain

• Locked thread