Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
also have a random promo picture for God Form stuff

the robot's cool i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Anoia posted:

Somewhere in Russia a guy is staring at a monitor, tweaking variables to make sure the boobs bounce just right. Then, only then, can he move on to butts.

As funny as it sounds, I would take that job in a heart beat if it paid enough. Sounds really easy. The best part would be the meetings where I would have to provide status updates on the current accuracy of the jiggling physics.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Unguided posted:

You sure are angry about a video game.

Not the video game, just spergs who refuse to do poo poo for themselves. Now I understand more fully why grithok and drinkfist get so angry at goons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Unguided posted:

You sure are angry about a video game.

Here I'll answer your question

It has been answered before multiple times.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Obscurity posted:

I really wish someone would make an atlas planner tool..would make efficient route planning so much easier.

There is an in game talent calculator. You access it through the Aelinet under the Game drop down menu. I know that isn't the same thing, but until the community comes up with one, it's the best we have.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Doing the guild poo poo would be easier if we could: a) vote Drinkfist supreme leader and do away with voting and b) play the Facebook game on our phones. Since neither of those is possible, poo poo is hosed and slow. Deal with it.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

There is an in game talent calculator. You access it through the Aelinet under the Game drop down menu. I know that isn't the same thing, but until the community comes up with one, it's the best we have.

Yeah talant calculator has nothing to do with atlas nodes :X

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
How does the having founder access to the berserker and gunner work in relation to the big atlas?

Do you get to buy nodes out from the gunner class node once you unlock the mid point of gunner for example? In the same way you can buy global atlas nodes starting from the starter classes?

These questions were probably worded very stupidly.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
No. Once you unlock the ascension atlas, you start in the same spot as the beginner classes.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

GarudaPrime posted:

How does the having founder access to the berserker and gunner work in relation to the big atlas?

Do you get to buy nodes out from the gunner class node once you unlock the mid point of gunner for example? In the same way you can buy global atlas nodes starting from the starter classes?

These questions were probably worded very stupidly.

All classes start the global atlas from the three starting classes, even gunner and berserker.

e:fb

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drinkfist, your persistent mission to invite me to the clan, despite my lovely work hours, is inspiring. I probably won't be back on until Monday but I'll hop on Mumble as soon as I can.

Glory to the Godleader.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
So, uh, apparently the game does not indicate whether or not someone is on or offline when you whisper, and just sends messages like they're online regardless.

I wasn't ignoring you Drinkfist! Get your ASCII penis checked though, it shouldn't be pointy like that.

I logged in and the messages all hit me at once, then the delayed rage of Drinkfist hosed my internet connection but good. I'll try to get on again in a few hours.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ok scumbags. I got slots open in the guild. Get off your worthless asses and PM "Irate Drinkfist" in game. If you loving SA PM me I am gonna drown you.

And if Anoia is Profanity Jane and you didn't get the "I apologize" joke then you are not getting in with me. Talk to Stormgale or watch Deadwood.

Edit: I know its Calamity Jane you fucks but its too close to think it was a coincidence.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Drinkfist posted:

Ok scumbags. I got slots open in the guild. Get off your worthless asses and PM "Irate Drinkfist" in game. If you loving SA PM me I am gonna drown you.

And if Anoia is Profanity Jane and you didn't get the "I apologize" joke then you are not getting in with me. Talk to Stormgale or watch Deadwood.

Edit: I know its Calamity Jane you fucks but its too close to think it was a coincidence.

You're supposed to say I apologize over and over again, cause otherwise it just looks like you're doing a plain ol apology and not a reference

And yes Profanity Jane is me

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So how do I god again? Press play?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So does anyone have a clue whether there's a way to get the armor everyone starts the game in? I really dig the crested helmet your character's wearing through the prologue. Can't find any hint of it in the clothes shop, though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

Doing the guild poo poo would be easier if we could: a) vote Drinkfist supreme leader and do away with voting and b) play the Facebook game on our phones. Since neither of those is possible, poo poo is hosed and slow. Deal with it.

Until they change it we suffer under the bureaucracy.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Finished Zerker tree and got the symbol and new outfit:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Um. Holy poo poo. That's a little badass.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
People getting really salty (and not understanding, apparently) about caps

e: I :lol:ed at the bit where he was like "I'm an average player and I capped out in two days. What we have here is not the players' fault, it's the cap's fault". No, dude, you're a turbo-sperg poopsocker, deal with it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

lewtt posted:

Finished Zerker tree and got the symbol and new outfit:

Is that a different colored version of the outfit or is it a new outfit entirely?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Archonex posted:

Is that a different colored version of the outfit or is it a new outfit entirely?

Different Entirely.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Archonex posted:

Usually it looks like this:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Is there like a wiki for the russian version that has pictures of the outfits from capping classes? A little googling hasn't turned up anything.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
gently caress yes. Some of them look awesome.

In other news, don't slot any ether cores. Chat is saying that they're changing it to cost credits instead of argents.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn those look hot.
Why do I have to go camping when I could be home capping my Gunner?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

The monk outfit here looks really underwhelming compared to the rest of the classes.

Going for that Egyptian bouncer look I suppose.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Has anyone else's game pooped the bed just now? Whenever I try to log in I get "Connection closed: Error code 8" and then the client closes.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

Has anyone else's game pooped the bed just now? Whenever I try to log in I get "Connection closed: Error code 8" and then the client closes.

Servers were brought down to prepare for the unwashed masses the proper start of OBT.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

So, how does being a bird mage (Witch) play? Is it good? Are there a lot of birds?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Concurred posted:

So, how does being a bird mage (Witch) play? Is it good? Are there a lot of birds?

I tried the tutorial for it, I had no idea what I was doing but there were a lot of birds and bird-based explosions.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So I got a founders code last minute and now I have 10k argents and logged in for like 2 minutes (currently in memory lane "3 days ago").

Is there any way to view how much argents I have online? Looked at the main site and I can't see it anywhere.
Is there anything I should avoid buying with my argents? Any easy to get argent traps?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I found a fairly decent basic guide to stat mechanics on the english portal while looking up what news from the russian portal weren't translated.

Since I know that many goons rarely look for info outside of their game's MMOHMO thread, I'm going to repost it here for your convenience. I hope it will be of help to someone.

"Allods Team" posted:

Skyforge Mechanics: Stats and Abilities

In Skyforge, we’ve tried to give players all the tools necessary to create a character that would best suit their play style and battle tactics. From a straight-forward gameplay perspective, you don't need to dive too deep into these mechanics, but if you have a mind to experiment with builds and different combinations of stats, Skyforge offers you a wide field of possibilities!

Each character in Skyforge has a set of specific stats that affect the amount of damage they deal, their maximum health, and that allow you to set up talents and skills according to your liking. Today, we’re going to explain the stats system and how to pick the best combination of talents and skills for your desired play style.

*Note: the names of some stats may change before the start of the OBT.

Mechanics
In order optimize your character, some stats requires the player to perform a certain action or meets specific conditions. For example, "Damage at a distance" will increase the damage dealt to enemies 20 or more yards away.

Regeneration mechanics are also interesting thanks to an internal counter which tracks how much damage your character takes during a certain time frame. If the character succeeds in not taking damage for a set amount of time, they will recover a percentage of the damage previously taken and then the counter is reset. Your character’s health is not restored instantly, and if the character happens to takes damage too early, it will not be restored at all, and the counter will be reset again.

So for example, if your character’s regeneration rate is 20% and the counter has recorded 100 points of damage, your character will recover 20 points of health. At that point, the counter is reset and the cycle repeats itself.

Accumulating Stats
Your character’s stats are primarily increased through the Ascension Atlas, your equipment, and by developing your Order, but some stats are related to specific classes. For example, a Berserker’s chain blade may have a new stat which augments how one of the Berserker’s abilities functions. In most cases though, these stats are common for all classes and remain unchanged when switching from one to another.

Advanced and special stats should be picked depending on what talents and weapon characteristics will be the highest priority for your preferred class and play style. So if you’re looking to complement your character’s Luck stat, which increases critical damage, you might want to choose items and stats with "Critical hit chance" to ensure you land critical blows on your opponents more often. This would be very useful for, say, the Berserker – since when their ability Thirst for Battle is active, the Berserker’s chance of inflicting critical damage is increased by 25%.

Atlas
Both basic and secondary characteristics can be found spread out in nodes across the Ascension Atlas. By using sparks gained by completing adventures, winning in PvP-zones or completing tasks in open areas, you can unlock new nodes and gain additional stats.

Equipment
Most of your equipment stats will come from rings, weapons and other upgrades that increase various aspects of your character's basic and advanced stats. Weapons and rings are obtained exclusively through adventures, while upgrades become available to players in one of the first locations. The information which stats it increases is displayed on each piece of equipment.

All equipment is divided into five rarity types - from common to legendary- and can be identified by their different colors: white, green, blue, purple and orange. At higher qualities, rings possess more modifiers, while weapons get specific characteristics pertaining to the certain class talents.

Selecting the right rings for your character is part of the process of creating a unique build since each ring can possess two advanced stat modifiers. When the player chooses what rings to equip, they can elect to collect rings with all four stats, or they can select two or three stats to divide among their rings. Rings can be improved as well, further increasing their effectiveness.

Orders
Additional stats can be obtained by developing your Order. As you appoint your adepts as patrons of provinces, improve temples, build chapels and monuments, you’ll be able to choose from special bonuses unique to each territory.

To unlock these bonuses, you’ll build a chapel in each province and attach several altars to it. Each of these altars will give you a certain stat. You can easily switch between these altars when not in combat, but only one altar per chapel can be active at a time, which means only one active bonus per region. The patrons that you appoint to each of the eight provinces of Aelion will be watching over the chapels, providing additional bonuses to your max health. By improving the temple and monuments, you’ll also increase your character’s basic stats.

To recap, the player receives the following stats from their order:
- Might from temples
- Stamina from monuments
- Health bonuses from patrons
- Select bonuses from each altar.

[edit]This thing is old and i have no idea if it's still true to how things are.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 16, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Concurred posted:

The basic rotation does a crazy amount of damage, the upgraded dash is amazing and yes, there are whole murders of crows. It also has some decent crowd control but things will generally be nuked to death by exploding birds before you need to use them.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Unguided posted:

The basic rotation does a crazy amount of damage, the upgraded dash is amazing and yes, there are whole murders of crows. It also has some decent crowd control but things will generally be nuked to death by exploding birds before you need to use them.

Yessssss :unsmigghh:

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Warning- Warlock/witch animations are clearly designed with female models in mind.

That being said a big beefy bearded dude in power armor shooting birds at people with sailor moon animations is hilarious

Edit- The warlock (male) class hat is also a fedora which lets you mlady people to death.

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 16, 2015

Shitbreak
Jun 20, 2005
I've been playing since the 9th and so far Im really enjoying this game. Im on EU server through so I wont be playing with the goons I guess.

I just unlocked necromancer, and while I think it looks cool enough Im looking for help with maximizing my damage output and finding good rotations. Anyone know about a good build suggestion or class guide? Or maybe just some pointers from someone whos been fiddling with the necromancer for a bit longer? Google search brings up surprisingly little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Unguided posted:

the upgraded dash is amazing

This being you hopping on your broomstick like a proper witch.

• Locked thread