Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

jeff is probably right to not like nintendo for not making a competative videogame console in terms of third party support since the super nintendo. Doesn't mean they dont make good videogames!

spacebrospiff fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

In that tumblr he says he's excited for Super Mario Maker so hell, he can't be that much of a Nintendo hater.

he would be a fool to not be excited forf super mario maker IMO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

he would be a fool to not be excited forf super mario maker IMO

But he also said that Just Cause 3 is going to overshadow MGSV. So he is like the yin and yang of gamers.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

But he also said that Just Cause 3 is going to overshadow MGSV. So he is like the yin and yang of gamers.

he souds like somebody whos rear end i wanna kick real bad for thinking the wrong things about games that will be good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just Cause 3 doesn't even come out until 3 months later... How the heck would that even work,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Gerstdogg is awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

spacebrospiff posted:

jeff is probably right to not like nintendo for not making a competative videogame console in terms of third party support since the super nintendo. Doesn't mean they dont make good videogames!

What did you even edit about this post. I'm going too shoot your head off with a sniper rifle.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
giant bomb is gay, well cheers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

What did you even edit about this post. I'm going too shoot your head off with a sniper rifle.

He added "in terms of third party support", lmfao.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh no the assassins creed games arent ported to wii u

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

I TRIED

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

oh no the assassins creed games arent ported to wii u

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it even possible to buy a lovely Wii U game? This console is BULLSHIT!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

you can buy watch dogs on wii-u, dont worry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nintendo hasn't made a competitive console since the SNES?

*looks at Wii, DS, and 3DS line*

haha keep the change kid, it prints money.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

The Wii had a poo poo game lineup and sold well to old people that never used it. yayyyy. Let's play a videogame online! O wait that's garbage too. Maybe it'll look not aliased as poo poo on my HDTV o wait.

spacebrospiff fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 12, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 alone are two of the best games made last gen.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

What a deep library. I bought a wii and it was a turd overall.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

When you can get a Wii for like 20 bucks and a corn dog then it is deep enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm done feeding the trolls.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

spacebrospiff posted:

What a deep library. I bought a wii and it was a turd overall.

Yeah but you were talking about "competitiveness", not your own personal taste. The Wii destroyed last gen and you can't change that no matter how many times you post about it. Get rekt.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

When you can get a Wii for like 20 bucks and a corn dog then it is deep enough

That is legitimately worth it.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah but you were talking about "competitiveness", not your own personal taste. The Wii destroyed last gen and you can't change that no matter how many times you post about it. Get rekt.

That's why I qualified it with 3rd party support and ignored everything else wrong with it as a system.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
gbeast is bad at games

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

cmykjester posted:

Brad strikes me as the kind of person that is an rear end in a top hat to other people but once to criticize him he loses his poo poo.

he's lost his poo poo on these here forums in fact

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Funky Britches posted:

he's lost his poo poo on these here forums in fact

do you have a link, cause that sounds funny

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

no

edit here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601551&userid=204091

Funky Britches fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 16, 2015

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
well brads never gonna find his poo poo again then is he, youre very unkind

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

before he got into dota, brad wold often challenge ppl at neogaf to 1v1 him in starcraft after an argument

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

rudds posted:

Those posts weren't even unreasonable, I just wanted to point out in this case there was sort of a reason we were (admittedly) playing like garbage.

I do often wonder about the psychology of raging against other people playing video games, though. What mental itch does it scratch? Is it a desire to feel superior about something? Indignation that others would watch less than perfect play? I don't give a poo poo how people play games when I watch them so it genuinely baffles me why others get so disturbingly worked up about it. Someone should commission a study.

yes brad youre right

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

before he got into dota, brad wold often challenge ppl at neogaf to 1v1 him in starcraft after an argument

lol

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Funky Britches posted:

yes brad youre right

personally I get worked up about video games because I really like playing them, and I like to let my primal urge to hate motherfuckers sprout from that, because it makes the gaming more fun. brad, if you're reading this thread, let yourself get angry sometimes. not pissy, like actually angry as gently caress, because honestly it tends to make things more fun so long as you stay self-aware about it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i will challenge brad to a quake live duel and destroy him despite having over 200 ping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad loving owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He should post in this thread, instead of huge bad thread where everyone hates him and themselves.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
maybe this is the booze talking but I actually like poster Brad more than video Brad, he seems more real

e: and more interested. see brad anger truly is the key

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

klapman posted:

maybe this is the booze talking but I actually like poster Brad more than video Brad, he seems more real

e: and more interested. see brad anger truly is the key

Bitch. They are the same person, and he owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He types exactly the same way he talks lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

See the way he italicized "really" here. I can hear him saying it

rudds posted:

Holy poo poo, dude, really?

If you want to talk about the relative merits of Skyrim as an RPG then we can have that conversation, but what value do you think we actually derived from the presence of a lovely fiberglass statue taking up floor space in our office that we accepted because we thought we'd get a funny video out of it? Do you sincerely think that thing had anything to do with what any of us thought about the games that came out that year?

It's confouding to me that someone presumably capable of critical thought such as yourself could make such a bizarre A-to-B leap in logic. Maybe I've been doing this job too long, but that kind of crap got old for me about a decade ago. My prevailing memories of that statue are trolling Will Smith by leaving it in front of his desk, and the inconvenience of figuring out what to do with it when we moved out of that office (we ended up leaving it in there).

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i dunno man, maybe im just out of touch with stuff but "Get out of here with your facts and logic. It's too much fun watching the usual suspects invent new reasons to frantically stroke their hate-boners for me." seems like he's actually defending himself rather than just nodding along with what jeff and the others say. i'd like him to try and defend his platform more, because I think its a valid viewpoint even if I think dota is real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

See the way he italicized "really" here. I can hear him saying it

lmao