Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

would love to see a flava flav alarm clock sized one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

i really hope this was like one of those wine or book clubs where you pay a subscription and every month you get a hand picked selection of fine products delivered straight to your front door. complete with cheap introductory offer and then after the first month if you forget to cancel they automatically debit you some ridiculously inflated rate forever

no but that would have been fairly radical

some people on the list would post requests, and dealers would regularly send out menus and prices. some had their own sites. security of those sites varied considerably.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i wonder if i still have access to the burner account i used to check it out, i should check and see if i've still got some of the email

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

that's seriously optimistic for a bitcoin-user's car

this is more like it

it seems that undocumentedhuman.com is down now but their twitter is still up

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

i fondly remember the SADCHUB

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
lol http://cryptomatic.io/blogs/client-profiles

Did you wear a watch before?
Only on special occasions, the Cryptomat definitely changed that.

What do you like the most about The Cryptomat?
It is really modern looking for a watch which is exactly what a Bitcoin enthusiast needs. It’s also a great way get people curious if they are not familiar with Bitcoin, and if they are then there is this ‘wow’ factor.

What would you trade it for?
I will never go shopping it around, but being a Free-Market Capitalist I would have to entertain all offers.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

It is really modern looking for a watch which is exactly what a Bitcoin enthusiast needs. It’s also a great way get people curious if they are not familiar with Bitcoin, and if they are then there is this ‘wow’ factor.

I will never go shopping it around, but being a Free-Market Capitalist I would have to entertain all offers.

lmbo @ that last answer

also the 'wow' factor

actually everything

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lol at that entire site not being simply a photoshopped joke like it appeared to be at first glance.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I'm the $888 prices :china:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm the use of fiat as the baseline for setting the price

at least they ultimately charge you in bitcoin (based on current exchange rates)

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

i'd buy one of those for $8.88

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

that really is the reason, isn't it

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

this man would sell his soul for a definite sum

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

i'm a fashion disaster myself but is it just me or is that a really badly-fitting suit jacket

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
because laffo at an $888 watch and an off-the-shelf jacket

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

"Lol, how much for ur wife"
"What a horrible thing to ask! ...But, being a Free-Market Capitalist, I-"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

they ask how long the person has bene involved with bitcoins before they even get to the watch stuff

it's sort of creepy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

indecent perfectly understandable freemarket proposal

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
you say you want me to bend over and take this 30 inch horse cock up my colon? well, being a free-market capitalist...

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i don't understand how someone gets to the point that they feel the need to turn an economic system into some kind of quasi-religious affiliation. "as a practicing capitalist, it would be sacrilege to refuse a reasonable offer..." it's not even gently caress you got mine, it's gently caress me if you got yours. and it's completely arbitrarily self-imposed. :psyduck:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 16, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i don't understand how someone gets to the point that they feel the need to turn an economic system into some kind of quasi-religious affiliation. "as a practicing capitalist, it would be sacrilege to refuse a reasonable offer..." it's not even gently caress you got mine, it's gently caress me if you got yours.

it's rational self interest as applied by someone too dumb to be rational

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

InShaneee posted:

ty

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

InShaneee posted:

I feel like there's a thread title in there but as a practicing ideas guy I'm going to let someone else start the wiki

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

cost is 888$ but you can only pay in butts...?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

InShaneee posted:

yes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
rational actors aren't

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

FrozenVent posted:

idgi

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

8 means wealth/luck/fortune in china

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

fool_of_sound posted:

8 means wealth/luck/fortune in china

brb, sighing forever

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Heresiarch posted:

i'm a fashion disaster myself but is it just me or is that a really badly-fitting suit jacket
he's pushing his sleeve up to flash his bling and that's causing it to look like he's wearing his daddy's suit jacket so he can pretend he has an office job instead of the unemployed alcoholic serial entrepreneur he is

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
this, my dear, is the blockchain apparatus

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

InShaneee posted:

mods?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

cost is 888$ but you can only pay in butts...?

quote:

Can I purchase your watches with dollars (euros, pounds, etc...)?
No. The Cryptomat was designed for people who are either a) already involved in the Bitcoin/Cryptocoin world or b) are willing to learn about it so they can obtain one of the timepieces. No other forms of payment will be accepted.

Then, why aren't your waches priced in Bitcoin?
Because we're still far from the day when things will be priced in cryptocurrency only. That day will come when more companies and individuals join the cryptocurrency wagon. Until then, Bitcoin (and other cryptocoins) are subject to strong fluctuations when compared to traditional currency that make it very difficult to price a service, let alone a product. Accepting only crypto as a form of payment is a first step.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FrozenVent posted:

1MaoDidNothingWronggggggghTibetfv

Splicer fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 16, 2015

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Heresiarch posted:

i honestly do not remember anything like that but i'm heavily medicated so

i just checked and the stories of btb, wdma, dpph and the rest are all in the saclopedia so i doubt there's a problem talking about them

yeah at this point i'm sure nobody gives a gently caress. the ones that still exist are p dece torrent sites for tv shows and whatnot, where they've given up caring about ratios. the paranoid years of user-specific forum/torrent urls and insta-banning if anything showed up on google are long over.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

CampingCarl posted:

Did we ever get transcripts of the sentencing? I wanted to read the full text of the judge calling him an idiot.

wonderin' this too

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

It’s also a great way get people curious if they are not familiar with Bitcoin, and if they are then there is this ‘wow’ factor.
no it's not, it's a loving wristwatch, nobody cares about it unless you run around going "hey look at my watch"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

you say you want me to bend over and take this 30 inch horse cock up my colon? well, being a free-market capitalist...
The invisible Mr Hands of the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

awfulness of the watch face distracts from the awfulness of the owner's face so i guess thats something

• Locked thread