Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'll never get tired of using the Batmobile remote to "cure" the thugs with bombs in their heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

I'll never get tired of using the Batmobile remote to "cure" the thugs with bombs in their heads.
Those were pretty terrible "riddles" too. Like, Eddie should have come up with some kind of repurcussion for Batman if he chose to take the high ground and save the criminal (i.e., of course what Batman would do, duh) but then the challenge would be to stop that as well. Riddler seemed super-shocked each time and uh, that didn't make sense.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

redbackground posted:

Those were pretty terrible "riddles" too. Like, Eddie should have come up with some kind of repurcussion for Batman if he chose to take the high ground and save the criminal (i.e., of course what Batman would do, duh) but then the challenge would be to stop that as well. Riddler seemed super-shocked each time and uh, that didn't make sense.

It makes sense when you consider that in this incarnation, The Riddler is a moron.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

paint dry posted:

It makes sense when you consider that in this incarnation, The Riddler is a moron.
He did manage to infiltrate one of the airships and convert a massive amount of its space into a challenge room without anyone noticing. You have to admit, that's pretty impressive.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

paint dry posted:

He's not a moron, he just has serious, serious mental health issues.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Riddler is a smart person who is absolutely loving terrible at reading people.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's also canon that people call him a human being online.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
This Riddler is not a moron exactly, he's just like some autistic savant when it comes to engineering. He builds all these elaborate racetracks in the sewer system and hides tons of trophies all over town, but none of them are actually challenging at all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

A couple ending notes: It looks like Todd painted that new red hood/whatever symbol onto his chest- it's the same symbol that appears next to the building you enter for the endgame. The side columns in the newspapers have fully written stories in them, too. Once I finally get a computer that can run my copy, I'm going to have a lot of fun looking at all the conditionals and easter eggs they've layered this with.

It's a bat.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

paint dry posted:

Oh my god I am going to kill myself. I'm sitting at 99.4℅ completion here, and there are two Riddler trophies on one of the airships that have bugged out and I can't get them. They're behind security panels, and when I try to hack them, Riddler tells me I have to clear the room. There's nothing to clear, rear end in a top hat! Give me the trophies!

Anyone else found a solution to this that doesn't involve starting a New Game+? It'll take me loving hours to get back here. Apparently other people are having this issue, and it hasn't been patched since launch.

I'd suggest leaving the area (as in other side of the map interior space leave the area) and coming back, and I'd also suggest taking out the nearest set of thugs to see if it hits the trigger. It's a long shot, though.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
It's like I've walked into a parallel universe where you are the genius and I'm the madman with an overinflated sense of his capabilities!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Levantine posted:

... it's so obvious. The first time, you're prompted to use the remote batarang with exposed wires to electrify the guy, so I tried to do it that way for all of them. On the last, I couldn't find any electricity so I looked it up online and they said "use the REC.". I didn't even consider using the Batmobile taser.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

redbackground posted:

The first riddle was a lovely racetrack I got fed up with trying to wrestle the batmobile up the wall. They actually get dumber than that? :psyduck:

Edit - Bitching aside, I love how Joker is basically a mini-hint system in places. He also gets more pissed off as well if you drag your feet. 'Wow, you're cornered. If only you had a massive armoured vehicle.' 'With guns...' 'USE. THE. CAR. BATS.'

Found that snippet while munching on a ice cream.

limited fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 15, 2015

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
This is the one game where I find driving easier in first person. Someone suggested it here and it's what got me past the last riddler race. Thank you that person.

I liked bat mobile okay. Only found the fight outside the church before the cloud burst fight to be hard. Threw alot of points into the car after that and had no more problems.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Jurgan posted:

... it's so obvious. The first time, you're prompted to use the remote batarang with exposed wires to electrify the guy, so I tried to do it that way for all of them. On the last, I couldn't find any electricity so I looked it up online and they said "use the REC.". I didn't even consider using the Batmobile taser.

Yeah, I used the REC on a whim right away and was pleased it worked. After a while I noticed the batmobile was also shocking dudes I powerslid into at 70mph so I thought "why not"? Imagine my surprise when it worked.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Are the Camp.For.Disarm missions time-based or number-of-things-go-boom based?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They end when you destroy a certain number of drones. The exact amount should appear in the top right of the screen when they start.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'm foolishly holding onto the hope that the latter DLC items are a bunch of Challenge rooms usable with any of the DLC characters, like Arkham City. Maybe more items for HQ and Red Hood too.

Yay, optimism.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Levantine posted:

Yeah, I used the REC on a whim right away and was pleased it worked. After a while I noticed the batmobile was also shocking dudes I powerslid into at 70mph so I thought "why not"? Imagine my surprise when it worked.

For when they finally fix this for PC and I do another playthrough, can you skip the part where you fly the batarang around to identify the thug if you take this approach? If you just slam the Batmobile into every group of thugs nearby you'll surely hit the right one just by chance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

poptart_fairy posted:

It's also canon that people call him a human being online.

Riddler browsing 4chan is a great mental image.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

Dimix posted:

This is the one game where I find driving easier in first person. Someone suggested it here and it's what got me past the last riddler race. Thank you that person.

Yeah, I don't know if the physics or controls change slightly but the Batmobile seems to feel less slippery when you switch to first person mode. Like others have said previously, sometimes the car controls seem to overcompensate if you push too far on the analog stick, but in first person mode it doesn't appear to happen as often. The acceleration feels smoother as well. The only issue that I have with first person mode is doing corkscrews tend to make me feel disoriented (and have a small case of motion sickness) way more then they should.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CJacobs posted:

edit: vvv "lol get good scrub" is the most pathetic non-response someone can make re: a video game mechanic, hope this helps
Actually it can definitely be a legitimate point, though I think the Batmobile controls could be better and you have to be pretty good to control it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As someone who doesn't usually enjoy racing stuff I'm surprised at how much hate the Batmobile is getting. I drift into corners, use battle mode to make small course corrections and simply tap the afterburner to keep speed up on the straights - not using it before I turn. I'm genuinely unable to understand how people struggle with the thing. :saddowns:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I really really enjoy the Batmobile. That being said I do wish so much of the game's main missions weren't centered around it. I'd have preferred more team ups.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The bat mobile looks like it should be super heavy but controls like a go cart. That's what messes me up, anyway.

And I agree - it's way easier in first person. I wonder if the controls do change. Or at least the turning sensitivity or something.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
How the gently caress can you make combat better, and not add nearly enough loving challenges to show it off

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

poptart_fairy posted:

I love how consistently the Riddler is treated as a laughing stock. :allears:

There is one Riddler informant you can go back to and talk more with later on, and it's quite neat hearing him talk about the Riddler. He makes the point that at first it was kind of funny/even charming to see Riddler get busted and thrown in jail and listen to him rant about besting Batman. But as time went on and Riddler started getting more obsessed, no longer "taking care of himself", his physical/mental wellbeing deteriorating, his clothes getting increasingly dirty etc it stopped being amusing and just became sad and pathetic to the point that the guy just genuinely felt bad for him.

UnsuitableWasp posted:

Maybe Batman is one of those irresponsable parents who drive with their kids in their laps.

Jeez, you'd think his parents would have shown him how t.... oh :ohdear:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Fargin Icehole posted:

How the gently caress can you make combat better, and not add nearly enough loving challenges to show it off

Deadlines.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Yeah, apparently development was a big mess because they drastically underestimated the work to get it running on the new consoles. People were surprised they even shipped - and they still probably should have waited until fall.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Six more weeks of winter waiting

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't believe I'll be buying another Rocksteady or WB game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mortal Kombat X and now this. WB can gently caress right off. They've far outdone Capcom or EA.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I'm eternally glad that, even if my computer that could run Origins alright wasn't broken, I wouldn't have expected it to run Knight in the first place.

Something so ridiculous happened, I was compelled to link up my PS4 to my basically unused Youtube account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bLcKyVYlC8

Two parts because I saved the first when I thought it was over, turns out it wasn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNEGkpAtoQ

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

That's a shame, but by then I'll probably be ready for a second full playthrough so really I'm not all that bothered. It's gotta suck for the people who bought it and can't play it because it's hosed atm, though.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I take back everything I said. This tunnel boss fight is complete garbage.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

JackDarko posted:

There's a bright side to that sequence: The loving P.O.S. Batmobile gets destroyed at the end of the encounter . At least until you get another loving one, 'cause that stupid car is the loving center of the universe or something! :argh:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

There's a bright side to that sequence: The loving P.O.S. Batmobile gets destroyed at the end of the encounter . At least until you get another loving one, 'cause that stupid car is the loving center of the universe or something! :argh:

That poo poo was so cathartic to watch.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

JackDarko posted:

You would think they wouldn't do it twice where the camera gets pulled back (cloudburst) when getting chased. Also yeah I died a few times because I was so not used to the batmobile basically riding up the walls and not knowing how to get back down.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Shindragon posted:

You would think they wouldn't do it twice where the camera gets pulled back (cloudburst) when getting chased. Also yeah I died a few times because I was so not used to the batmobile basically riding up the walls and not knowing how to get back down.

It was too difficult to control the Batmobile in that sequence. I aced the cloudburts section because it didn't require precise movement. This tunnel bullshit? Total bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WB neck and neck with Konami for Worst Of The Year so far unless Mad Max blows everyone away (it won't and will ironically be beaten up by Konami's own swan song) At least MGSV will probably have a clean release

• Locked thread