Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who does poo poo like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Oh man. Something even better happened. We walked out to my car, and I drove him back to his parking garage. He opened up the backseat to grab his bag, and he pointed to my backpacking gear and asked why I have a red bandanna tied to my backpack. I joked that it was my gang colors, and he said he was going to borrow it. It's not the first time a man has felt entitled to borrow some of my possessions without actually asking, and I'm sure it happens to the men here too, but it made me so mad.

I didn't tell him why I actually had the bandanna on my backpack. You see, I subscribe to the lightweight school of backpacking -- carry as little as possible. I have done extensive research and shelled out lots of money to save mere ounces on my tent and sleeping bag. I've gone without deodorant and toothpaste because it takes up too much space.

And I don't take toilet paper on the trail. That bandanna was my pee rag. I wiped my butt with that.

Enjoy your bandanna, dude.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Fantastic. And isn't that like another one of those pickup tactics, so like you have to call him to get it back or whatever?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

I must say, hypnotoad is significantly improved by this treatment. :frogsiren:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

jamal posted:

Fantastic. And isn't that like another one of those pickup tactics, so like you have to call him to get it back or whatever?

Yeah. I don't expect to get any of my John Steinbeck novels back after a dude "borrowed" them, because I really don't want to see him again.

Fortunately I have plenty of extra pee rags.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rhyno posted:

I regret NOTHING.

Honestly I saw the picture first and assumed it was SAC after smoking an entire eighth in a single sitting.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Oh man. Something even better happened. We walked out to my car, and I drove him back to his parking garage. He opened up the backseat to grab his bag, and he pointed to my backpacking gear and asked why I have a red bandanna tied to my backpack. I joked that it was my gang colors, and he said he was going to borrow it. It's not the first time a man has felt entitled to borrow some of my possessions without actually asking, and I'm sure it happens to the men here too, but it made me so mad.

I didn't tell him why I actually had the bandanna on my backpack. You see, I subscribe to the lightweight school of backpacking -- carry as little as possible. I have done extensive research and shelled out lots of money to save mere ounces on my tent and sleeping bag. I've gone without deodorant and toothpaste because it takes up too much space.

And I don't take toilet paper on the trail. That bandanna was my pee rag. I wiped my butt with that.

OK, that's the best way that date could have possibly ended.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I am looking forward to neg dude getting a good whiff of your crusty piss rag.

Thank you for this delightful arc to end the evening.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

goatse guy posted:

Guy I'm on a date with right now: "You made me realize that it's not all about looks."

:smithicide:

If he's into negging, you should suddenly take an interest in pegging :v:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

kastein posted:

I must say, hypnotoad is significantly improved by this treatment. :frogsiren:

I didn't know you could upload gifs to that thing. This changes everything.

goatse guy posted:

Hahahaha This guy has read some books. Maybe if he wasn't a boring, unoriginal piece of poo poo he wouldn't have to resort to psuedo-psychological bullshit and cheap tricks to get women to call him back. You should call him back though, if only to tell him that it's a piss rag.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 16, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

goatse guy posted:

Hahaha you literally just dated King PUA of Player Island.

Too bad he got what he had coming for him.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if he loves it tbh.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

goatse guy posted:

:boom:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MustardFacial posted:

Hahahaha This guy has read some books. Maybe if he wasn't a boring, unoriginal piece of poo poo he wouldn't have to resort to psuedo-psychological bullshit and cheap tricks to get women to call him back. You should call him back though, if only to tell him that it's a piss rag.

Holy poo poo, I forgotten that book. I always thought the best part was the extensive list of PUA tactics and then the last chapter turns the whole book up on it's end and basically calls out PUA's for all of their stupidity and describes what a misreble bunch of shits PUA's really are. Which you could see through the entire book, that's what he was working his way to.

Honestly was a very interesting read - not just how that poo poo actually works but how pathetic PUA's actually are.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, for the last 2 days, we've been looking for a camshaft position sensor for the original 8L viper engines at work. The results when we tell the various electronics manufacturers what we're looking for is usually pretty great, but so far Bosch and SRT themselves have taken the cake. When I called bosch, they had someone taking the info for the car, year make model etc. There was the pause when they hear viper, but then the chick on the phone made my day by turning around and asking how many cylinders it had. Apparently "Its a viper, it has a v10. They are all v10s. They have never sold a viper with a differnt number of cylinders." is a smartass response and I am an rear end in a top hat for saying it. SRTs response was almost better, they pointed us to a specialty viper dealership/shop. They are the ones that contacted us due to these parts no longer being manufactured due to low demand. We've exhausted nearly every option available to us with every manufacturer we work with and a few we don't. There is literally nothing out there. The last ditch is tomorrow seeing if some lambo part numbers cross over since they had a had in developing the first v10 I guess.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 16, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Don't most crank position sensors work like one of two ways?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Sinestro posted:

I'm starting to think I'm broken or something, because I'm 19 and the one of the most exciting things in the future is the idea of having kids someday. :v:

No, you're not broken and don't let anyone tell you that you are.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Backov posted:

No, you're not broken and don't let anyone tell you that you are.

I don't know about that. You don't know me. :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Forget the part number, what's the spec? There will be something that fits and works with the ecu you just need to know what signal it's expecting back.

At the end of the day whether it has 1 cylinder or 16, the crank only rotates 360 degrees.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

jamal posted:

Don't most crank position sensors work like one of two ways?

I meant to type camshaft position sensor. It looks like from the small amount of searching I've done though, that the lambo stuff is gonna be a bust tomorrow when I get my hands onthe actual catalogues. :(

EDIT:

Cakefool posted:

Forget the part number, what's the spec? There will be something that fits and works with the ecu you just need to know what signal it's expecting back.

At the end of the day whether it has 1 cylinder or 16, the crank only rotates 360 degrees.

The fits part is where we're having the biggest problem. The sensor is so long, that we're not really finding anything thats going to be close enough so we can go "Here, this should work but will need a bracket or something made".

Edit 2: It also doesn't help that even if we did find something that worked, they might be iffy about buying them because they aren't the "OEM spec/style".

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 16, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ever wonder what it takes to write off a pantera?

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/24007075?searchId=1849236382

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Sinestro posted:

I'm starting to think I'm broken or something, because I'm 19 and the one of the most exciting things in the future is the idea of having kids someday. :v:
When I was younger I wanted kids but the wife didn't. Now I kinda don't but the wife kinda does.
At least we've decided to wait until we were in a better spot financially, which is good because my car hobby is not showing down.

Today is my Friday, this weird Sun-Wed shift might be good for getting some work done on the projects. I'm installing adjustable konis and h&r springs on the m3 and doing a stock exhaust replacement on the bro-in-laws car tomorrow. Friday will be more e24 disassembly, followed by taking the roof of a friends 4runner. Saturday going offroading in said 4runner with some friends, then finishing up the a/c system in the e28 that sprung a leak.
Depending how things go, I might attempt to replace the front fuel pump on the beater F250.

Did you guys know that a fuel injected dual tank Ford truck (pre 97 I think) only has the return fuel go to the front tank? So since my front pump is bad, I've been slowly filling the 20 something odd gallon front tank, and now its overflowing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

I'd still drive that. gently caress all wrong with it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Geoj posted:

Honestly I saw the picture first and assumed it was SAC after smoking an entire eighth in a single sitting.

No that's tomorrow night.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Today's my Friday too. Tomorrow I take the Wife's MINI to the dealer for it's scheduled service :smithicide: I hope they don't take a plunger handle to me. I'm only going there because it still has a warranty and I don't want it voided for lack of visits. Also I subscribe to the 'BMW/mini do not suffer a lack fo maintenence well' mindset. I figure a little money today is worth a lot more down the road. I had an E46 where the PO deferred a lot of maintenence and I hated him for it. I've changed the oil and done the air/cabin filters myself, but gently caress doing a brake flush on something like a MINI, I don't want some module to gently caress up or whatever modern bimmers do these days.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Waiting on the janitor to unlock the building for 40 minutes now. His phone is off too. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to poo poo so bad.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Empty calories, my rear end. Totally worth it.

You're going to oil slick the toilet tomorrow morning and not even care.

e: I recommend an entire pint of ben and jerrys instead next time.

"entire"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

goatse guy posted:

:eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goatse Guy is a shining golden example for us all to follow.

(whether I'm talking about the forums poster or the actual goatse dude is for you to decide)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Both of the dudes in my crew chew dip non-stop all day everyday. So nasty.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Powershift posted:

That doesn't look that bad. I don't think Tim Horton would be impressed.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

mafoose posted:

Did you guys know that a fuel injected dual tank Ford truck (pre 97 I think) only has the return fuel go to the front tank? So since my front pump is bad, I've been slowly filling the 20 something odd gallon front tank, and now its overflowing.
First symptom of a bad switcher valve. Best part is they're a special snowflake that works on where the pressure is coming from (the switch just changes which pump gets power) and the filter is in there too, so if you get an aftermarket one you have some custom wiring and plumbing to do. Try to find a good one at the junkyard.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

So, for the last 2 days, we've been looking for a camshaft position sensor for the original 8L viper engines at work. The results when we tell the various electronics manufacturers what we're looking for is usually pretty great, but so far Bosch and SRT themselves have taken the cake. When I called bosch, they had someone taking the info for the car, year make model etc. There was the pause when they hear viper, but then the chick on the phone made my day by turning around and asking how many cylinders it had. Apparently "Its a viper, it has a v10. They are all v10s. They have never sold a viper with a differnt number of cylinders." is a smartass response and I am an rear end in a top hat for saying it. SRTs response was almost better, they pointed us to a specialty viper dealership/shop. They are the ones that contacted us due to these parts no longer being manufactured due to low demand. We've exhausted nearly every option available to us with every manufacturer we work with and a few we don't. There is literally nothing out there. The last ditch is tomorrow seeing if some lambo part numbers cross over since they had a had in developing the first v10 I guess.

There's no part number or makers' mark on the existing CaPS? Seems odd especially if it's that big.

If it's cacked already can you dissect it and look for a mark on one of the boards?

It's too bad the Ram SRT10 is so much newer because there are shitloads of those in the wreckers.

Hesitant though I am to trust an eBay interchange list, it doesn't look like it will cost you a lot to find a '95 Ram CaPS from a junkyard and see if it matches:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Camshaft-Position-Sensor-Standard-PC37-fits-92-95-Dodge-Viper-8-0L-V10-/350756627769

RockAuto doesn't list the Standard PC37 under the '92 Viper though.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 16, 2015

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

"Primary Damage: ALL OVER"

Yeah I'd still salvage that fucker.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CornHolio posted:

"Primary Damage: ALL OVER"

Yeah I'd still salvage that fucker.
Clicked just to see what it was and I live about a half hour from that salvage yard. I didn't know there were any half-way decent salvage yards in the cities besides U-Pull R-Parts. Thanks, AI, what a swell place this is!

edit: I guess it isn't a salvage yard per se, but still pretty neat if I want a parts car for cheap.

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 16, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

scuz posted:

Clicked just to see what it was and I live about a half hour from that salvage yard. I didn't know there were any half-way decent salvage yards in the cities besides U-Pull R-Parts. Thanks, AI, what a swell place this is!

I've had some luck at Highway 101 Auto Salvage in Savage.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

goatse guy posted:

I've had some luck at Highway 101 Auto Salvage in Savage.
Bitchin, I'll have to take a gander sometime. I'm about to pull my S10 off craigslist so that I can fix it up and keep it. Cheap parts are going to make me very happy.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
SilentW, I finally figured out my problem with the BeamNG mods; I was trying to add them to the C:>programfiles>beamng instead of thispc>documents>beamng :downs:

Goatse Guy, congrats on your new Miata, thing looks rad as gently caress. Also please get more pictures of the Heritage Collection's FB RX-7, tia

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm currently on top of a broken press sweating my knackers off, waiting for another empty barrel to be found and brought up. We were draining one of the gearboxes to inspect for a slipped encoder gear and some knob downstairs decided to move the feeder to check something.

Which turned the oil pumps back on. I'm stood next to a full 200l barrel, we now need to drain another 50k, which isn't fast.

It broke down 8 hours ago and stopped the plant 4 hours ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So this school is where all the hot rear end mid 20's teachers work. Cotdayum.

• Locked thread