Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bort Bortles posted:

When I started playing again I had no mods and a friend suggested Aslains and I have been using it and dont mind it thus far....what is bad about it/should I use this "OMC" instead if I am just a filthy casual at this point in time?

OMC has what I consider a better XVM config. That's basically the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've said it before and I will say it again: The ONLY way to play the Churchill 3 is to not give one flying gently caress.

Youtube: https://youtu.be/ab2z2XDeGDE

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2021753#kharkov-mesadoram-churchill_iii

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wait is the new Light seriously called the SPIC?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hellsau posted:

OMC has what I consider a better XVM config. That's basically the difference.
Gotchya, thanks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Now you can name your clan SPIC and it won't be a racial slur.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Someone needs to mod in a medal from Donald Trump for shooting SP1C.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So any of you weebs like the Japanese Tiger? How does it perform in t7-8 games?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Hey guys, I found a bot.

43% win rate after 23k battles. Holy poo poo.

Uh, just the other day I saw a dude with 40% global WR in a tier 10. My survival rate is higher than his winrate. Then again, Camador's survival is higher than my WR so....

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey tanks folks,

haven't played in ages due to only having a Lenovo T440 while studying in the US, but I'm back in Germany for a visit over the next 5 weeks, albeit on a lovely 1500mbit line. Can I just download as much of the update torrents in the client as I can, shut the PC down and resume the updates the next time I boot up? I just painstakingly got through the first gigabyte, but need to shut the machine down temporarily.

Unless you facetiously mean "m" as in "milli-" in "lovely 1500mbit line" then your "lovely" connection is better than what a lot of us are stuck with here in the US. 1500 Mbps = 187.5 MBps; I have something like (tested) 3 MBps down and 0.6 MBps up on a U-Verse VDSL connection. (To be fair, the actual connection is capable of more than double that but some of it is reserved for the IPTV streams.) It's perfectly sufficient for my purposes (e.g. I don't do any torrenting) but aside from the locations that can get fiber, a lot of us are stuck with a poor excuse for broadband compared to what other areas of the world get. :( 'MERKA! :911:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Quick ancillary question:
Should my excruciatingly slow patching finish sometime tomorrow, is the OMC modpack launcher thing still a reliable deal to stick with, or are we doing something else these days?

OMC is still highly recommended, but as of this moment is not updated at all for 9.9. I was more than a little disappointed to see the new patch was out and no mods were available; I'm not going to bother playing because of this, and I'm actually kind of glad that I spent the whole day out of the house anyway.

Agrajag posted:

Meh, it's not as good a premium as the Type 59. :shrug:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Atomizer posted:

Meh, it's not as good a premium as the Type 59. :shrug:

Exactly, accept no substitute.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

It's pretty much just any other tier 6 german tank with the 8.8. Does well against tier 6's and most tier 7's but even with silver ammo tier 8s can be a problem. I plan to grind a nice Jap heavy tank crew with it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So Clan Wars has a separate tab in the statistics now:

I'm glad gimmick throwaway tanks like my M60 and VK7201 have bad winrates in clan wars from when we brought joke tanks, and my actual great clan wars tanks like the E4 and 183 have really good winrates from when we brought an actual team.

Naturally these are still counted in overall statistics because wargaming.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

xthetenth posted:

How does the new AA look in motion/live? Temporal AA is going to look good still, but motion is not as certain.

Just checked, you can see it in edges not being as smoothed when moving the camera but you have to be looking for it and know what to look for. Actually really not bad in practice.

Also, jesus gently caress WG add a 21:9 aspect ratio so the tanks don't look stupid as poo poo if I try to run the game fullscreen.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 16, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HAHAHA, someone made the old aim assist mod for WoWS work for arty. :getin:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Welp.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Everyone forgot how to click red tanks, except the KV-4 who only did it after I shot them down below 200 HP.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Pubbies have no creativity. I've heard the same racist SPIC joke three times from different pubbies, word for word.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

Pubbies have no creativity. I've heard the same racist SPIC joke three times from different pubbies, word for word.

gently caress wargaming and their stupid nazi bullshit for not renaming that poo poo before the patch came out. I'd understand a bunch of russians not being familiar with US racist terms, but WGA should drat well probably not have that poo poo out there.

The problem is of course that the Spahpanzer is goddamn adorable, so it having an incredibly inappropriate name is just wrong.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Game is loving gorgeous now and runs like a dream. It's amazing how much of a difference they've made. My only issue is that I can't find the option to kill the depth of field without also killing the other postprocessing, and the DoF makes it hard to distinguish silhouettes at a distance and also seems to blur the target outlines. It's a problem for long-range shots.

Also, Mesa: I just ran headlong into a T20 scouting the ruins on Airfield. I oneshot him to within an inch of his life (1,082 damage, and a fire). I then also oneshot the AMX 13 75 that tried to rescue him.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 16, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rossmum posted:

Also, Mesa: I just ran headlong into a T20 scouting the ruins on Airfield. I oneshot him to within an inch of his life (1,082 damage, and a fire). I then also oneshot the AMX 13 75 that tried to rescue him.

The best kind of feels start with a fire, and end with tears.

So yeah, I know my computer is a hot hunk of poo poo but in game I get 70-80 FPS. When I try to record videos through using Overwolf (or what ever the gently caress it is called) my FPS drops to high 20's/low 30's. Is this a problem with the game or my hunk of trash computer?

Also, yesterday was a good day. I actually left my play session of tanks feeling happy.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

So this mod is a must have

e:

Haha

JohnGalt fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 16, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So uh, this is the tier six 150 ton Japanese heavy -

Gonna park behind that butt machine gun all day.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Its beautiful.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I don't care if they're garbage, I'm going to have so much fun in those things. I don't remember, are they supposed to have competitive armor, or are these going to be like upgunned TOGs?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hellsau posted:

Why do people keep posting pictures of barns and call them "Japanese tanks" :confused:

Steelion posted:

I don't care if they're garbage, I'm going to have so much fun in those things. I don't remember, are they supposed to have competitive armor, or are these going to be like upgunned TOGs?
I have a feeling they are going to be hot poo poo with rice-paper armor and low velocity low pen guns.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Its beautiful.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Just found this gem on another forum in a discussion regarding using color statistics and spriting.

quote:

To be brutally honest, I'm not liking this way of analyzing sprites very much - it's sort of like the XVM conspiracy with World of Tanks. Someone pulls of your stats and calls you a noob for having a 30% winrate over 7,000 matches. Now, you could be a bad tanker in a 1v1 scenario, but you could also be one of the best team players, backing up your other teammates, moving up with pushes, or even simply being there to deter an enemy from rounding the corner or not dying in the first 5 minutes of a match.

:shepface:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

I have a feeling they are going to be hot poo poo with rice-paper armor and low velocity low pen guns.

See that's what I'm afraid of, but the fact that they pulled the Mauschen for being poo poo when it at least had armor gives me some measure of hope that the line won't be *that* bad.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Steelion posted:

See that's what I'm afraid of, but the fact that they pulled the Mauschen for being poo poo when it at least had armor gives me some measure of hope that the line won't be *that* bad.

The difference is that the Maushen was one tank. This is an entire tree that they put A LOT of time and money making. There won't be a knee-jerk response to these abominations.

Edit: what I am trying to say is, if they are hot garbage they are staying.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 16, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Zudgemud posted:

Just found this gem on another forum in a discussion regarding using color statistics and spriting.

:shepface:

He's literally saying you could lose a lot but that doesn't mean you don't do things that help you win. Then why the gently caress haven't you won?

Also, pretty sure the mauschen is awkward because it's too well armored against lower tiers to not be dogshit at other things to the point where it sucks too much against higher tiers. Tighten your tier spread WG.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Storm was quoted saying they will be "stressful" to drive, so expect poo poo mobility (as you should) and poo poo gun bloom. They are all huge box tanks, too. Good thing I don't have a spare Japanese crew around, I won't be tempted.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

:allears:

I've no idea when we incurred the never-ending wrath of 5 IRON BRIGADE, but it must have been at least two years ago. Very likely longer.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

quote:

Someone pulls of your stats and calls you a noob for having a 30% winrate over 7,000 matches. Now, you could be a bad tanker in a 1v1 scenario, but you could also be one of the best team players, backing up your other teammates, moving up with pushes, or even simply being there to deter an enemy from rounding the corner or not dying in the first 5 minutes of a match.

And all this time I thought winrate meant your record in random battles with a team, and not in 1v1 encounters. Wow do I feel dumb :blush:

In other news, I got a half-assed modpack from Solo. I hate his XVM config, but at least I have crosshairs. Hopefully OMC updates soon.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

I wish all the turrets just continuously fired their gun in random directions.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

rossmum posted:

I've no idea when we incurred the never-ending wrath of 5 IRON BRIGADE, but it must have been at least two years ago. Very likely longer.

As I recall, 5IB was part of those tiny clans who "helped" the SCC by piling into Belgium and Normandy nightly in the hopes they'd be granted land when we were ~wiped from existence~ because "~we helped too~". :downs:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

As I recall, 5IB was part of those tiny clans who "helped" the SCC by piling into Belgium and Normandy nightly in the hopes they'd be granted land when we were ~wiped from existence~ because "~we helped too~". :downs:

They might've backfilled a bit against powerhouses like SSGS as well. Don't think they ever fought against even their subclan's J team though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rossmum posted:

To be fair, we did poo poo in a lot of people's cheerios and held on to the most valuable land on the old European map for aaaaages. It is just ridiculous that I have more gold ammo than I can fire, a ton of gold consumables, a Type 59, a few other lower tier premiums, and 8k gold in the bank, but only ever spent $15 on the game four+ years ago.

edit: then took two years off once Chair vanished and have not used any of the other means available to earn easy gold.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 16, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
that was like 4 loving years ago at the very least.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Yeah, holy poo poo. I figured we'd pissed them off during the Reconquista (even then, about 2-3 years ago now) or something but if they were SCC cronies then goddamn.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

rossmum posted:

Yeah, holy poo poo. I figured we'd pissed them off during the Reconquista (even then, about 2-3 years ago now) or something but if they were SCC cronies then goddamn.

"We'd have been a big sycophant clan today if it hadn't been for you meddling Goons!" :mad:

...because Red Sky *et al* are still powerhouses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"We'd have been a big sycophant clan today if it hadn't been for you meddling Goons!" :mad:

...because Red Sky *et al* are still powerhouses.