Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Suspicious Dish posted:

did fishmech just admit he's never used a phone before?

on my samsung phone it's quite easy to read pdf menus though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Nintendo Kid posted:

oh sorry, i didnt realize the iphone 6 was so terrible

i did

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Depending on the speaker's intent, ambiguity can be desirable (as in jokes and other humor) or not.[citation needed]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
is there a way to make "autism" be a redirect to the "random page" thing

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
A fearsome Haniwa guarding a forested area- created by myself using several programs, including Bryce, Paint and Photoshop.

-Note- Inspiration for this picture obviously drawn from Final Fantasy Legend 2.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
A 1990 episode of The Cosby Show is centered around Cosby's character feeding everyone his special barbecue sauce, which, unknown to the participants, covertly makes people cooperative and sexually aroused. [89] Philly.com writer Nick Vadala, in an article titled "‘Cosby Show’ episode features Cliff Huxtable drugging partygoers with mystical barbecue sauce", described Cosby's dialogue within the episode as "chilling" when seen in light of current accusations.[89]

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

Soricidus posted:

is there a way to make "autism" be a redirect to the "random page" thing

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingorc posted:

A 1990 episode of The Cosby Show is centered around Cosby's character feeding everyone his special barbecue sauce, which, unknown to the participants, covertly makes people cooperative and sexually aroused. [89] Philly.com writer Nick Vadala, in an article titled "‘Cosby Show’ episode features Cliff Huxtable drugging partygoers with mystical barbecue sauce", described Cosby's dialogue within the episode as "chilling" when seen in light of current accusations.[89]
:stare:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwMF5UeYcM

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

how quickly was that reverted by a valiant wikipedian fighting the evil deletionists and their quest to censor ~verifiable knowledge~

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Soricidus posted:

how quickly was that reverted by a valiant wikipedian fighting the evil deletionists and their quest to censor ~verifiable knowledge~
it wasn't.

in fact, the censors seem to dominate the page, brutally crushing any opposition.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it wasn't.

in fact, the censors seem to dominate the page, brutally crushing any opposition.

cluebot is a literal bot that heavily weights sexual words and removes them almost immediately

i mean maybe you knew that idk, lots of people don't

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Strictly speaking, the use of the word "science" in "rocket science" is a misnomer since science is about understanding the origins, nature, and behavior of the universe; engineering is about using scientific and engineering principles to solve problems and develop new technology.[15][16] However, the media and the public often use "science" and "engineering" as synonyms.[15][16][17]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

computer parts posted:

Strictly speaking, the use of the word "science" in "rocket science" is a misnomer since science is about understanding the origins, nature, and behavior of the universe; engineering is about using scientific and engineering principles to solve problems and develop new technology.[15][16] However, the media and the public often use "science" and "engineering" as synonyms.[15][16][17]

engineers who call themselves scientists are the worst

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Wizard rock (sometimes shortened as Wrock) is a genre of rock music that developed between 2002 and 2004 in the United States. Wizard rock bands are characterized by their performances and humorous songs about the Harry Potter universe.[1][2] Wizard rock initially started in Massachusetts with Harry and the Potters, though it has grown internationally.[3][4]

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

grebo shot first

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

engineers who call themselves scientists are the worst

the word science has more than one meaning

but engineers who think designing a bridge makes them literally marie curie can get bent

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

but engineers who think designing a bridge makes them literally marie curie can get bent

I'm thinking more the ones who write long rants about the hoax if global warming and call themselves scientists to add an air of legitimacy.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah the real one and then the bullshit one that includes engineers

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Boxturret posted:

grebo shot first

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

scientists write the cookbook, engineers follow along

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
scientists get high on their own farts about how important it is that they watch ocelots bone or subject mercury to 9000 different electric currents or whatever

engineers build stuff while assuming that they're doing a good job of it because they are an engineer regardless of whether they're an idiot or not

there I summed it all up

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

scientists get high on their own farts about how important it is that they watch ocelots bone or subject mercury to 9000 different electric currents or whatever

engineers build stuff while assuming that they're doing a good job of it because they are an engineer regardless of whether they're an idiot or not

there I summed it all up

pentaquark-charmium

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_clasping

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

It was noted that the R type occurs more frequently in women than in men, which led to popular speculation that all persons with L phenotype are more emotional then persons with R type.[1]

:biotruths:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah the real one and then the bullshit one that includes engineers

i was thinking more the old school definition that just means any systematic discipline. while we're at it let's revive the term "natural philosophy" :getin:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

"I don't know and I don't care."
-Harrison Ford

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Boxturret posted:

It was noted that the R type occurs more frequently in women than in men, which led to popular speculation that all persons with L phenotype are more emotional then persons with R type.[1]

i remember noticing that i was l-type as a kid, and it freaked me out (for no reason that i could see), so i made a conscious change, and now doing it l-type feels weird

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The original design concept of ThinkPad was created in 1990 by Italy-based designer Richard Sapper, a corporate design consultant of IBM and, since 2005, Lenovo.[7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][citation overkill]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

The original design concept of ThinkPad was created in 1990 by Italy-based designer Richard Sapper, a corporate design consultant of IBM and, since 2005, Lenovo.[7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][citation overkill]

lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:You_don%27t_need_to_cite_that_the_sky_is_blue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:You_do_need_to_cite_that_the_sky_is_blue

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Libre images only

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

this is some onion "point-counterpoint" level poo poo

quote:

Sometimes editors will insist on citations for material simply because they dislike it or prefer some other material, not because the material in any way needs verification. For example, an editor may demand a citation for the fact that most people have five digits on each hand (yes, this really happened).[1]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Scenario: You type into Wikipedia, 'Public exposure of male sexual organs to women and children is generally considered child abuse, indecency, or dishonorable.' Your reasoning is that what you consider a basic feature of etiquette doesn't even appear in academic literature: it is common-sense. However, in different cultures or subcultures, men might do so without shame or dishonor.[1][2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Boxturret posted:

so, I'm not 100% up on my stereotypes, but this sentence seems to imply that men are more emotional?

i need to review my MRA literature, apparently