Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I relocated my trashcan at my workdesk after years of it being at the same place. Now everytime I want to throw something away my habit takes over and i first go for the old location. And I'm too stubborn to just put it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I was up until 0200 with food poisoning but I still can't justify not going in to work for what is essentially my equivalent of a slow Friday. My lovely retail job has me fuckin' whipped. :(

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
The AC was off all weekend and the guy who gets in 30 minutes earlier then me and turned it on is out on a site visit so it is hot and humid in my office.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My supervisor wants work done by tomorrow that will be very difficult to get done by then

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Some Youtube videos have arbitrarily decided that I cannot watch them. It's not consistent which ones, and it doesn't seem I can fix it.

This was a bit annoying before now, but now it's affecting the Game Grumps' latest Kirby and the Rainbow Curse video, and god damnit I want to watch it.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

My dryer is broken and I figured out which part I need to replace, but it's infinitely more difficult to buy parts as a consumer than it is to hire someone to fix it. I just want to walk into a store within a 20-mile-radius and buy a drat thermostat.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I remembered about a dumb thing I did when I was a stupid 6-year-old kid which was stupid and hurtful towards a person I had never met before and have never met since, and it's made me sad all day :smith:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Mikl posted:

I remembered about a dumb thing I did when I was a stupid 6-year-old kid which was stupid and hurtful towards a person I had never met before and have never met since, and it's made me sad all day :smith:

I don't think that this qualifies as a first world problem. I bet people in 3rd world countries can feel bad too for being rude assholes.

As in true first world problems, I needed to wait a whole 10min instead of 2 at the postal office to receive a package because they filed it as a large letter in the databank. The nerve of these people!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
All the radio shows will be going on about the ESPY awards last night. I just want to hear some funny talk.

I am almost out of my favorite soda but have several 12 packs of Pepsi and Dr. Pepper to drink, but damnit I want my diet orange Sunkist and don't want to have to go to the store just for that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I moved into a nice apartment two months ago after living in a total shithole for nearly five years. Two things.

1) I keep running the shower water unnecessarily. When I was living in the shithole, I had to run the water for like five minutes before it (maybe) got warm enough to bathe in, so I'd use that time to do little stuff around the apartment, but now the water is hot immediately and it throws my morning routine off.

2) I keep losing stuff under the furniture/in the second bedroom.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I also moved into a new apartment recently and it's a very nice one-bedroom with amenities that are quite unusual for a college student (including a garbage disposal, ice maker, and valet trash service) and while I am enjoying living alone for the first time, I am pretty lonely.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

At my old job there was only 1 microwave and all 10 employees at the office needed to use it at the same time so I had a chance to chat with them while waiting for the microwave. Now that I switched jobs there is rarely anyone using the microwave when I go to use it so there is no one to talk to.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

drgnwr1 posted:

At my old job there was only 1 microwave and all 10 employees at the office needed to use it at the same time so I had a chance to chat with them while waiting for the microwave. Now that I switched jobs there is rarely anyone using the microwave when I go to use it so there is no one to talk to.

Wait...you considered having to make idle chit-chat with your coworkers while standing around, waiting for the microwave a good thing?

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Jul 16, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He's the guy who won't shut up about whatever boring stuff he did this weekend while all you want to do is get your loving lasagna out of the microwave and eat in peace.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wait...you considered having to make idle chit-chat with your coworkers while standing around, waiting for the microwave a good thing?

Some people like their coworkers. :colbert: I'm friendly with some of the customer service folks, and they sit all the way on the other side of the room, so the only time I can interact with them is when I'm waiting for the microwave/coffeemaker.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

I'm relatively sociable once I get to know people. And no it isn't, I had an awesome time fighting a bear this past weekend, it was usually cracking jokes back and forth and talking about everyone's general life outside of work. Was a decently age diverse place, had guys from 60-70 who had all the hands on experience with what we were doing, then 20-30 year olds who were doing everything on the computer now for someone at another company to fix.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RCarr posted:

He's the guy who won't shut up about whatever boring stuff he did this weekend while all you want to do is get your loving lasagna out of the microwave and eat in peace.

Yeah well lasagna takes like 13 loving minutes Carl so maybe you should try bringing something else every day.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
A girl I had a HUGE crush on for like a decade or so (and have given up on) messaged me on facebook and this causes several problems for me.

1: I didn't get the message for like a month because it was in my other folder.

2: She wants to hook up, and I'm in a relationship.

3: I kinda wanna call and brag to :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: about how awesome of a boyfriend I am because I'm not banging chicks on the side but that's dumb, but it seems like I am owed brownie points for being a good boyfriend and yet somehow, I'm not getting the relationship cheevos outta this poo poo.

4: I'm scared the girlfriend tried to set this up in some weird form of "Let's catch him in a sting operation called Operation : I don't trust that fucker!"

I'm 37. I should not feel like I am back in high school with relationship drama.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

A girl I had a HUGE crush on for like a decade or so (and have given up on) messaged me on facebook and this causes several problems for me.

3: I kinda wanna call and brag to :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: about how awesome of a boyfriend I am because I'm not banging chicks on the side but that's dumb, but it seems like I am owed brownie points for being a good boyfriend and yet somehow, I'm not getting the relationship cheevos outta this poo poo.

4: I'm scared the girlfriend tried to set this up in some weird form of "Let's catch him in a sting operation called Operation : I don't trust that fucker!"

I'm 37. I should not feel like I am back in high school with relationship drama.

:stare:

Ok.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Don't see how this is a first world problem. Besides maybe monogamy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Figured it counted between the missed connection on facebook and the feeling of being back in high school with the relationship bullshit.

If it helps, my other FWP is my pizza I cooked is slightly too browned.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Have you tried acting like you're 37 and having a mature discussion about loving other people and how it doesn't change how you love your girlfriend and doesn't mean you want to end the relationship?

I mean I didn't think it was the 50s still but what the gently caress do I know? :shrug:

e:

My FWP: I'm in healthy relationships with mature people and can't complain about weird poo poo and don't have a weird desire to earn brownie points for not cheating. :(

e2: Also I can't stop being an rear end in a top hat

cobalt impurity has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, I'm glad you are in an open relationship but not everyone is in one of those.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hahaha "Have you just asked your girlfriend is she's ok with you loving other women?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I was expecting my paycheck to be bigger because every drat time I'm told I'll be getting time and a half, my brain fucks up how time and a half works. No, self, you don't get both your regular time *and* the bonus pay on top of it, you just get the bonus pay. Why do I always forget this, every drat time?

E: Also this is the third time I've gotten past the $800 mark on my journey to saving up enough to build a new computer. I'm close enough now that I'm getting impatient for it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
SA loads really really slow on my phone, particularly when there isn't a good internet connection, and especially when typing, so it always ends up clicking outside the type box / hiding the keyboard, or the page reloads and I lose everything I typed.

I want a new phone but can't justify getting one.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

cobalt impurity posted:

Have you tried acting like you're 37 and having a mature discussion about loving other people and how it doesn't change how you love your girlfriend and doesn't mean you want to end the relationship?

okcupid.txt

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

E/N: Friends With Pizza

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why would you get points for not doing the wrong thing? Isn't that just the baseline of what's expected of you? That's like expecting the police to ring you up to thank you for not committing any crimes today.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'd be nice if they called a little more often :colbert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Why would you get points for not doing the wrong thing? Isn't that just the baseline of what's expected of you? That's like expecting the police to ring you up to thank you for not committing any crimes today.

You mean you haven't been getting the calls?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Look man, it sucks when you don't get your complimentary high five and handjob for every time you're brave enough to not go out of your way to do something lovely.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My new smartphone is so small and light that I can't feel it when it's in my pocket and I keep compulsively checking to make sure it's still there. Also, the autocorrect / swipe typing is not as good as on my old phone :(

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I should go outside for a walk because all I've done this morning is sit on the couch and play video games, but on the other hand, there's a plate of sausages in the fridge that ain't gonna eat themselves. :(

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I messed with the settings on my iPhone and somehow it ended up deleting the 45 gigs of music I had on there, now I have to download it all over again at no additional charge.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Crashed at my friend's new place last night, woke up early and hungover/sick so I left. Had an hour and a half on the tube and train to get back home feeling like poo poo the whole way. I'm also not going to have anything remotely healthy for the rest of the day.

Also I apparently left one of my windows wide open overnight. I'm on the second floor so there wasn't much risk but there's probably bugs hiding about now.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hummingbirds posted:

I also moved into a new apartment recently and it's a very nice one-bedroom with amenities that are quite unusual for a college student (including a garbage disposal, ice maker, and valet trash service) and while I am enjoying living alone for the first time, I am pretty lonely.

Cherish this time. Do it as long as you can, trust me

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I always accidentally scroll too far up when typing something on here in iOS chrome and it reloads the page so I have to type everything out again.

I clicked on the hot in shape/muscular women thread in gbs and now I'm depressed because I'm doughy and weak, but working out is hard and requires effort, and I just want to play video games.

I ordered a $40 rare steak but they made it in between medium rare and medium well, but I didn't want to send it back because I don't like bothering service people, and also after reading the horrors of food service thread, so I had to eat an expensive lovely steak :(

I spent all day on the forums instead of being productive.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Had an awesome weekend canoeing with friends, but now my arms hurt from the rowing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

U.S. Netflix only has like three decent shows/movies with French subtitles. How am I supposed to half-assedly learn French without a subtitled version of something I've seen a billion times?