Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Got to Archer last night. Pretty fun class, now to go get Slayer and Necro. After that I'll probably be thoroughly bored of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Archonex posted:

In other news, don't slot any ether cores. Chat is saying that they're changing it to cost credits instead of argents.

In the Russian version, yeah, it's all changed so that you just dump colored sparks + credits in, ether cores AFAIK aren't a thing over there and they don't cost argents to upgrade. Presumably we'll get the same system eventually.

However the very first cluster of nodes coming off the initial 3 classes has an ether core in the middle you can't avoid. :negative:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah but you aren't required to put any cores into it, you can just unlock it and continue on your way. I didn't even realize you can smash the cores into it for upgrades for a long time.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
To whomever plays Scatterbrain Jane: there can be only one Jane, I'm afraid I'm going have to destroy you.

Or maybe I'll change my name to be something worse later, I dunno.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Is the name changing thing in already?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Morglon posted:

Is the name changing thing in already?

Lady standing near Flavius in the research center. Quinta?

Name change is 5,000 argents.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

quote:

5:57am PDT (2:57pm CEST) - Open Beta preparation maintenance has been extended by one hour to address some last minute server issues. We now expect to have the servers online at 7:00am PDT (4:00pm CEST).

Hour delay for bringing the servers up for OBT? BOTCHED LAUNCH

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Pre-order canceled!

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

http://sf.my.com/us/collectors-edition

$60 USD. A bit more than I expected.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Kind of jealous. We didn't get any bag slots.

Edit: it appears their servers poo poo themselves so more waiting! No ETA yet.

And it's up

Morglon fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 16, 2015

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
So, dumb question. It asks which server to select, Europe or North America. I assume goons are on NA..?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Knight feels amazing with talents. I managed only to have enough sparks for a few since I maxed out paladin yesterday but taking 45% less damage in barrier form feels actually tanky.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Jetamo posted:

So, dumb question. It asks which server to select, Europe or North America. I assume goons are on NA..?

N.A. Server.

Unrelated question, Is pantheon chat broken for anyone else? I still appear to be a member, but can't even select it from the chat list (and it doesn't show in my menu screen).

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Class items received from the Collectors Pack have a little more damage than the ones found in the Founders Pack. :tinfoil:

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 16, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Lemon King posted:

Class items received from the Collectors Pack have a little more damage than than the Founders Pack. :tinfoil:

Paladin, Cryo and Lightbinder get other weapons from the CE as well? Or just Knight and Alch? I thought it was the latter.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

FoolishLobster posted:

Paladin, Cryo and Lightbinder get other weapons from the CE as well? Or just Knight and Alch? I thought it was the latter.
Including the first 3 base classes.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Lemon King posted:

Including the first 3 base classes.

So we talking higher Might or higher special bonuses?

Edit: Found the forum post. Might is up to 86, and the skill bonuses are ~3 times more (at least for Lightbinder), but not the green bonus.

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 16, 2015

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
86 might, double the bonus damage or so on the increased damage stuff.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

FoolishLobster posted:

Edit: Found the forum post. Might is up to 86, and the skill bonuses are ~3 times more (at least for Lightbinder), but not the green bonus.

Is there a bunch of pubbie P2W drama on the forums about it? I am always up for reading those tears.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Knight and alchemist were some of my favorite classes to demo on so the pack sounds mighty tempting.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
So my pantheon chat is totally busted at the moment. I can't even see it to select it. If any leaders are online that could maybe kick me and re-add me to the pantheon (I'm in clan #9 I think) please do so.

In game as: Gerdalti Dagune

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Gerdalti posted:

So my pantheon chat is totally busted at the moment. I can't even see it to select it. If any leaders are online that could maybe kick me and re-add me to the pantheon (I'm in clan #9 I think) please do so.

In game as: Gerdalti Dagune

This is not exclusive to you we all have this happen.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Morglon posted:

Kind of jealous. We didn't get any bag slots.

24 bag slots = 360,000 credits = 2250 argents. The $70 founder's pack got 20,000 more argents.

I like this pack though, solely because it means more people playing support and tank.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I might get that to save myself some time. That being said it probably also sounds the death knell for this game for me as I'll throw down the $60 and never play it again.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
That basic starter pack is very tempting.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

WarLocke posted:

People getting really salty (and not understanding, apparently) about caps

"I'm an average player"

"5.5k prestige berserker"

"capped in 2 days"

:crossarms:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm actually very happy with Gunner but had they put Witch and Archer in that pack I probably would've given them another 60. Hey I have poor impulse control. I did unlock Slayer but it kind of sucks without weapons and skills.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Trying to get to Monk, because hey, Anal Beads warrior. Taking forever. Currently levelng paladin, but the same combo over and over makes my mouse cry. Tempted at the collector's edition for the alchemist and knight to easy my paladin pains. Anyone played those two classes.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So my experience with Kinetic so far has shown it to be completely overpowered in a hilarious way.

Want to take a bar and a half of HP off of bosses in a single attack every 10 seconds? Can do. Want to have spammable anti damage shields as a DPS class? Sure. Why not? Same goes for being able to buff your damage against a mob by up to 40 percent.

The skills are hilarious too. I ripped a rock out of the ground and punched it so hard it went catapulting through the air and instakilled a normal mob. Then I kung fu'd so hard I created a hamster ball made out of lasers/energy into existence around my character before sending it careening across the battlefield. It detonated in an explosion in the middle of a horde of mobs, sending them flying.

My character obviously wasn't hurt by the explosion they were in the middle of. Because that's how awesome kinetic is.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 16, 2015

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

So I saw a post on reddit stating that the Russian Skyforge has a dps meter that we do not have yet and that the information from the meter is seen by other players. If true, I can't say that makes me happy.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

So I saw a post on reddit stating that the Russian Skyforge has a dps meter that we do not have yet and that the information from the meter is seen by other players. If true, I can't say that makes me happy.

I don't see the issue with that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Archonex posted:

Because that's how awesome kinetic is.

Yeah, Kinetic is the class I'm (slowly) working towards right now. They're just capital-F Fun.

Also the news about an ingame dps meter is lovely. :negative:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I don't mind it at all. It's not like this game isn't like 90% solo or playing with friends anyway.

Anyway, I found one that the caps do indeed go up significantly every week and a RU player is at 25k something sparks after like two months. He still hits the cap within a reasonable time frame due to the increases in rewards, but it also means that if you stop playing for a month then come back you will likely be able to unlock every class you want without worrying about capping for a while.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Xavier434 posted:

Source your oforum quotes please.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Obscurity posted:

This is not exclusive to you we all have this happen.

Does it fix itself or is there a trick to resetting it?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Liberatore posted:

I don't mind it at all. It's not like this game isn't like 90% solo or playing with friends anyway.

Well, one could technically say that about most MMOs. 90% of the time you are either playing solo or with a guild of friends. I am a big fan of including tools that help a player measure their personal skill and progression but allowing that information to be seen by other players usually results in it being primarily used to filter/exclude others from being in a group. It just isn't as fun that way imo.

HandsomeBen posted:

Source your oforum quotes please.

Sure thing.

Source

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 16, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Xavier434 posted:

Well, one could technically say that about most MMOs. 90% of the time you are either playing solo or with a guild of friends. I am a big fan of including tools that help a player measure their personal skill and progression but allowing that information to be seen by other players usually results in it being primarily used to filter/exclude others from being in a group. It just isn't as fun that way imo.

Yeah, I can't think of a single MMO in which the addition of a dps meter has actually been a good idea. They almost always lead to elitism and toxicity in the community/playerbase.

A meter that you could toggle on and only you could see the results is fine, but as soon as other people can see them you start getting all sorts of petty poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, I can't think of a single MMO in which the addition of a dps meter has actually been a good idea. They almost always lead to elitism and toxicity in the community/playerbase.

A meter that you could toggle on and only you could see the results is fine, but as soon as other people can see them you start getting all sorts of petty poo poo.

this is dumb and wrong since it states that the elitism and toxicity in the community/playerbase did not happen before the meter.

Meters make the problem more pronounced, but that isn't the problem with them. It is the community that is the problem.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Gerdalti posted:

Does it fix itself or is there a trick to resetting it?

It tends to fix itself pretty quickly. Then breaks again just as quickly. For this and other reasons, we tend to ignore the existence of guild chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

If you do half the damage of a healer, you suck rear end and shouldn't play games.

• Locked thread