Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Those look beautiful, good choice! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Material strengths aside, when I look back at carbon and aluminum frames of years gone by most of them look pretty dorky by today's standards. A nice steel frame never goes out of style IMO.

No it does not. Thanks! I probably won't have it finished until spring of next year, but it's going to be amazing once it's done.

CONTENT: I bought some hilariously bright court shoes for fencing! In a sport where literally every piece of equipment is white, I'm not sure how well these will be received. They fit incredibly well, though, so gently caress the haters. ASICS Gel Domain 3, if you were wondering where to get some foot-beacons of your own.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

its good to have some personality in sport. good pick

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008

Solid Cake posted:

Just bought this Batman bundle, not because I care about Batman, but because I got a good deal on it for Amazon's Prime Day. It comes with The Witcher 3 too I guess.

... but really I just got it so I can play Metal Gear Solid V on a huge TV in all of its glory :getin:

I got this bundle too, but am I crazy or did it include a PS+ card too? I thought the image showed it but I can't find anything about it being included in my order details.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I have been reading the thread for the sale, and I am positive I saw the PS+ card included when it was posted.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

strangemusic posted:

No it does not. Thanks! I probably won't have it finished until spring of next year, but it's going to be amazing once it's done.

CONTENT: I bought some hilariously bright court shoes for fencing! In a sport where literally every piece of equipment is white, I'm not sure how well these will be received. They fit incredibly well, though, so gently caress the haters. ASICS Gel Domain 3, if you were wondering where to get some foot-beacons of your own.

Once I tried to fence in non-fencing shoes (maybe "running" shoes, IIRC) and I woke up in the ICU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Prime Day still sucked noodles though.

Seconding this.

I mean, I guess if you needed a bunch of random bullshit it was a good sale but pretty much nothing jumped off the page at me.

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
^^^ How many fingers did your opponent have on his right hand?

I've recently bought some patterned shorts on sale, white jeans (because I like to live dangerously), mascara, and a bunch of fabric.

Tried the mascara - Size Queen by Too Faced, and was not impressed.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Eternal Hobo posted:

I got this bundle too, but am I crazy or did it include a PS+ card too? I thought the image showed it but I can't find anything about it being included in my order details.

Yea, it was the batman game, the witcher game, and a year of plus.

If either of you gents wanna sell witcher for like 30$, lemme know. Stupid budget and it's stupid making me have to pay bills instead of vidja gamin! :argh:

Edit - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B010MVJT2Q/ref%3Dnosim/water70e-20

There was also a batman bundle that had final fantasy and a year of plus.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Jul 16, 2015

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Geoj posted:

Seconding this.

I mean, I guess if you needed a bunch of random bullshit it was a good sale but pretty much nothing jumped off the page at me.

The only thing I bought was The Kingsman because it was a fun movie. I'm not even sure that wasn't just a regular DoTD. So much clothes and jewelry. I would have bought awesome shoes but my feet are between a regular and a wide in most shoes and it depends on the exact model even in brands what fits correctly.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

nocal posted:

Once I tried to fence in non-fencing shoes (maybe "running" shoes, IIRC) and I woke up in the ICU

What the heck did you do to yourself??

There are only a couple fencing-specific shoes that I could find, and none I could go try on locally. I think these are marketed for volleyball, but they have a nice thick heel cushion and grippy soles so v:shobon:v

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

What vacuum is this? I'm in the market for a new one.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tzen posted:

No clue, buy a Dyson.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VendaGoat posted:

No clue, buy a Dyson.

I bought a Dyson through the warehouse and as Patton Oswalt would say, "it could suck the sorrow off a recent widow".

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

strangemusic posted:

What the heck did you do to yourself??

There are only a couple fencing-specific shoes that I could find, and none I could go try on locally. I think these are marketed for volleyball, but they have a nice thick heel cushion and grippy soles so v:shobon:v

I don't know, I hear "En garde"; next thing I know I see my sport-agnostic laces as my legs fly past my head. Woke up a few hours later...they had cut the shoes off, along with the rest of my clothes. Long recovery, but it taught me an important lesson:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Solid Cake posted:

Just bought this Batman bundle, not because I care about Batman, but because I got a good deal on it for Amazon's Prime Day. It comes with The Witcher 3 too I guess.

... but really I just got it so I can play Metal Gear Solid V on a huge TV in all of its glory :getin:

I have Batman and Witcher and the latter is vastly superior, maybe my favourite game ever. Both good choices still.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Prime Day was a mixed bag at best, but at the end everything worked out just fine as this thing popped up for a cool 37€:

I was running dagerously low at home so now I'm a happy Swanson.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I bought a wall mount, 50m of Cambridge audio speaker cable and a giant clock

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Bape Culture posted:

Widen your soundstage brah - get the most from that setup. With your fronts so close together, it's currently kinda pointless to have the center channel.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Tzen posted:

Shark Navigator. Comes in tomorrow so we'll see how good it does.

http://www.amazon.com/Shark-NV22L-Navigator-Vacuum/dp/B002IPHBNE

2,800 says it's aight.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-cheap-vacuum/

The Sweet Home says the lift away version is pretty sweet but eh this one seems good enough.

George H.W. Cunt has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Jul 16, 2015

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I bought a shark navigator awhile back. It seems fine. It's not a Miele or whatever but it's way cheaper so :shrug:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Considering 33% of this thread is bike parts... Anyone have a recommendation for a trunk-mount bike rack? Preferably something under $50.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

AlexF posted:

Prime Day was a mixed bag at best, but at the end everything worked out just fine as this thing popped up for a cool 37€:

I was running dagerously low at home so now I'm a happy Swanson.

What the poo poo your Amazon has lagavulin on it? And all we got were 6 varieties of Moscow mule mugs and more multi port USB docks?

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

couldcareless posted:

What the poo poo your Amazon has lagavulin on it? And all we got were 6 varieties of Moscow mule mugs and more multi port USB docks?

I think that's only in Europe.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Scarf posted:

Considering 33% of this thread is bike parts... Anyone have a recommendation for a trunk-mount bike rack? Preferably something under $50.

I asked in the product recommendation thread and two goons said get a Saris Bones:

http://www.saris.com/product/bones2

It's 3x your price, but from the looking around I did, there's not a lot for sub-$50, and you wouldn't want them. If you get a cheap one, one or more of the following will happen:

1) It will straight up fall apart in a year or less.
2) It will frequently come loose, so every ten miles you'll have to pull over and tighten all the straps.
3) Some part of it will scratch/dent/otherwise damage the gently caress out of your car.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Eternal Hobo posted:

Late on the reply here, but it does come with a free year of PS+ and it's in the form of a digital code they're going to email you, not a card iirc. You'll probably see it when your order ships (mine hasn't yet so I can't confirm 100%).

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Scarf posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Sports-Deluxe-2-Bike-Trunk/dp/B000ELUXFC/ref=pd_sim_468_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=10NVMBHXG7TNKYFSVEXP

I use a Saris Bones 2 though and it works great.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrBouvenstein posted:

I asked in the product recommendation thread and two goons said get a Saris Bones:

http://www.saris.com/product/bones2

It's 3x your price, but from the looking around I did, there's not a lot for sub-$50, and you wouldn't want them. If you get a cheap one, one or more of the following will happen:

1) It will straight up fall apart in a year or less.
2) It will frequently come loose, so every ten miles you'll have to pull over and tighten all the straps.
3) Some part of it will scratch/dent/otherwise damage the gently caress out of your car.

Well, poo poo... Guess I should probably spend more.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Merica posted:

I think that's only in Europe.

Germany, to be exact. Don't know how the rest of Europe handles alcohol from Amazon. But yeah, we had several "standard" whiskey's on sale. Not the fancy 100€+ kind of stuff. Just the basics :)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Daimo posted:

New keyboard because my fingers want to caress it.

Ooh, pretty. What model is it?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Ooh, pretty. What model is it?

Pretty sure that's the Microsoft Sculpt.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I really hope the first one is a futuristic ram module and the third is an astronaut pillow case. I'd buy both if they are.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think the first one has something to do with bicycle brakes.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Where?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

We already knew you were a giant cock, oh sorry misread.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bape Culture posted:

Isn't the TV too high up? If you sit down on the couch it looks like one has to tilt their head back.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

Widen your soundstage brah - get the most from that setup. With your fronts so close together, it's currently kinda pointless to have the center channel.

The instructions said it was best to be 2m-3m apart??

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't the TV too high up? If you sit down on the couch it looks like one has to tilt their head back.

The TV is tilted and I just lay in my seat. Could do with being lower but absolutely fine and sound works well as central.

Shrapnig posted:

We already knew you were a giant cock, oh sorry misread.

U piece of poo poo!!!!!!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

The instructions said it was best to be 2m-3m apart??

The TV is tilted and I just lay in my seat. Could do with being lower but absolutely fine and sound works well as central.

U piece of poo poo!!!!!!

Those look 3 feet apart to me. {}- 3'-[ ]- 3'-{}

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

blarzgh posted:

Those look 3 feet apart to me. {}- 3'-[ ]- 3'-{}

Oh does it mean from the centre? I'm dumb as hell. They are about 2.5m from each other. I'll move them this evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

As the battery of my Nexus 4 has great difficulty getting through a single day I bought the LG G4