Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I am actually pretty okay with KLK animationwise. Yeah it's cheap, but of course it is, Imaishi isn't hooked into the Gainax money iv anymore. Hell, No Late Day might be my favorite episode and that's pretty much anti animation. KLK owns the cheapness in an amusing way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No Late Day is a really good episode, because it actually goes all out with that. It's when it got the Naturals Election and Nui was introduced that I felt like they were going overboard with trying to be cute with it.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So, according to Pat's Twitter, they just beat Ride to Hell and there are 3 episodes left. He also hinted at them playing the DLC. How the gently caress the game drags out its finale + DLC into another (presumably since Finales are often around an hour long) 2 loving hours is beyond me.

We're almost out of the woods, boys. Strap in and strap on for the shitshow to finally be over.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't want to get off the Ride.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Oh I hope Matt figured out how to get that bug in the DLC. Pat may actually have a stroke on camera if he sees it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

pulp rag posted:

So, according to Pat's Twitter, they just beat Ride to Hell and there are 3 episodes left. He also hinted at them playing the DLC. How the gently caress the game drags out its finale + DLC into another (presumably since Finales are often around an hour long) 2 loving hours is beyond me.

We're almost out of the woods, boys. Strap in and strap on for the shitshow to finally be over.

Hell yeah, that's the sorta news I like.
Alright so the last level+ending is gonna be some 30+ minutes, because the last level is long and obnoxious. Maybe more if they die a bunch, as QTEs seriously ramp up around that point.
Meanwhile, the DLC is an exruciatingly long experience through the unused hippy camp and some other locations they obviously had no clue what to do with. I could see it taking an hour alone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

Hell yeah, that's the sorta news I like.
Alright so the last level+ending is gonna be some 30+ minutes, because the last level is long and obnoxious. Maybe more if they die a bunch, as QTEs seriously ramp up around that point.
Meanwhile, the DLC is an exruciatingly long experience through the unused hippy camp and some other locations they obviously had no clue what to do with. I could see it taking an hour alone.

Aww, that's a shame. I was hoping the DLC would then become inexplicably good like the Asura's Wrath game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Matt if you still read this thread please tell us if you got The Bug in RTH DLC :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i'm excited

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How the hell is ride to hell 18 parts

how did this all happen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It all began in the year 2010, in a small building in Canada, with two young men that went by the names of Matt and Pat who decided to play Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's been a ride to hell since then

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No, it all began in '94

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

wow you guys really Liam'd up this thread for a good solid page.

How come Her Story isn't tagged with a 'final'? It didn't sound like they were planning a bonus episode.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

It all began in the year 2010, in a small building in Canada, with two young men that went by the names of Matt and Pat who decided to play Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I thought it all began in 94

edit: fuuuck

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What does everyone wanna see after RTH and Tormentum are done?

I wanna see some Paper Mario and a Liam playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles for no reason.*

*It'd only be like 35 parts which is the best part!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my nge angel alert is going off, but the screen just says "klk"

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Paper Mario or Thousand Year Door would actually be pretty rad. They're both a bit long, but the gameplay is fairly guided meaning that there's a solid estimate on how long it takes.

Every time there's a new LP on the horizon, I hope for Persona 4, knowing that there's no way in gently caress is it ever going to happen. If people thought Dank Souls 2 was long and controversial, Persona 4 would pretty much destroy the channel.

Front Mission 3 would also be awesome to see, but again, it's an insanely long game with two whole story paths. No way it'll ever happen. But, a man can dream, right?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

pulp rag posted:

If people thought Dank Souls 2 was long and controversial, Persona 4 would pretty much destroy the channel.

Pat & Woolie get into an actual waifu war live on stream.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat ending up in prison after shanking Wools with one of the mailbag swords

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Alright, here's an amendment: dedicated anime fans are insane. I've never seen so much work done just to shame and tell people to retroactively not enjoy themselves.
EDIT: I'll also throw in instantly assuming the worst about people, as if it's impossible to push past negatives or unappealing aesthetics. Nope, everyone is just mindless drones.
Also I didn't even know about that abbreviation when I wrote this name. It's just my initials.

Ok. Thanks for the info friend.

Your name is now Hubert Gerber Humphrey.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, holy poo poo the backlash on the Her Story LP is loving insane. The comments section is a complete trainwreck, but I can't stop looking at it. I wonder if these people feel the same hatred towards visual novels.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I have been waiting for this Mystery Box since the channel started :getin:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Remember that sonic twitter thing? They've expanded to youtube.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Remember that sonic twitter thing? They've expanded to youtube.

Oh god, don't tell me Sega's plan to revive sonic is to take the snark of sonic boom and double down on it.

that video did make me chuckle like knuckles tho.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
The snark was NOT the problem with Sonic Boom.
Literally everything else was.
VVV Game. I think. The show is actually pretty decent! VVV

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 16, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, are we talking about the game or the show

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

chuckle like knuckles

NO

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Rather be flexing your knuckles?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Sonic twitter also promoted Freedom Planet.

Which spawned this exchange in the SBF subreddit comments:

quote:

They're just preparing us for the announcement at TGS of Sonic the Hedgehog 5 being developed by GalaxyTrail.

But don't they have to finish Sonic 4 first?

They never finished Sonic Boom

Big Scary Owl posted:

Wow, holy poo poo the backlash on the Her Story LP is loving insane. The comments section is a complete trainwreck, but I can't stop looking at it. I wonder if these people feel the same hatred towards visual novels.

I really don't get it. I thought the play-through was legitimately interesting and entertaining, and I'm not really interested in visual novel sort of stuff. Like, to me it's a huge bonus to see people LP stuff I would have never played.

I suppose people would have rathered videos of Matt and Woolie making GBS threads on it or something because it fits there preconceived notion that the game can only be bad or something? :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Her Story is a cool two-hour long interactive fiction game thing that's also very cheap so I don't get why there's any backlash at all. Also that dumb song got stuck in my head so I learned it on the guitar.

Also, semi-relevant to the thread:

literally a jojo character

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The only thing I don't like about seeing a game like that LP'd, is that by the time I was able to make a decision on whether or not I wanted to play it, half the mystery is gone and playing it would be easier and less interesting, but that's more on me than the LP or the game.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Phantasium posted:

The only thing I don't like about seeing a game like that LP'd, is that by the time I was able to make a decision on whether or not I wanted to play it, half the mystery is gone and playing it would be easier and less interesting, but that's more on me than the LP or the game.
True. Same thing almost happened to me with Tormentum, but then I thought, "Nah, better experience this for myself while I'm still relatively unspoiled." Tormentum was relatively cheap, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like Her Story is one of those things where something was said during the dev process or an interview that would case this much disdain for it. Though, I don't know how much info is passed out with games like this nor am I willing to do the research because of youtube comments. It was a fun LP for the four parts it had though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beef Chief posted:

I feel like Her Story is one of those things where something was said during the dev process or an interview that would case this much disdain for it. Though, I don't know how much info is passed out with games like this nor am I willing to do the research because of youtube comments. It was a fun LP for the four parts it had though.

No, no one said anything. it has "Her" in the title and features a woman

that's the entirety of the backlash, misogyny + "this isn't a REAL" game assholes.

This whole thing is basically the outrage over the No More Heroes LP having a trigger warning writ large. There's a lot of scumbags in the best friend fanbase.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

that's the entirety of the backlash, misogyny + "this isn't a REAL" game assholes.

This whole thing is basically the outrage over the No More Heroes LP having a trigger warning writ large. There's a lot of scumbags in the best friend fanbase.

They're also super salty about the way the game works since there's not enough headshots or seeing that mountain and going to it I guess.

I don't really know how much more gameplay you can add to a mystery game like this though. Maybe if it was more like a David Cage game and you could get up from the computer and go get some coffee it'd bring people over on its side a bit more.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Blockhouse posted:

I saw a playthrough of Her Story that consisted entirely of "SAM BARLOOOOWWWE""gently caress you Sam Barlowe you SH ruining hack" and "Why isn't anyone giving this game poo poo? Because it's made by Sam Barlowe!". And a lot of people seemed to share that opinion.
They were also really angry at "reusing the same twist and self-inserting" (apparently the last text prompts in the game were sent by "SB").
So uh. Salty Silent Hill fans can get pretty angry too.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 16, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it wasn't a particularly exciting or funny playthrough is my main gripe. it would rank around bloodborne, but it was quick so it gets the benefit of that, which places it above bloodborne.

games fine, twist is fine, writing is above average. its not really a game, imho, but that's no reason to hate on it, or the lp.

e: i guess the virtriol in the comments section can just be written off as poe's law, because a lot of people are just gonna try to one up each other in the 'write outrageous rage things about thing' olympics.

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 16, 2015

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Basically, if the game was named "His Story" and it was all men characters and stuff, the game wouldn't be getting flak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Oh did they finally stop playing bloodborne