Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Parody Threads posted:

You just discovering the "poo poo team tax" m8?

no, just having a laugh at the misfortune of others :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paperhouse posted:

Outside of Powell and possibly Di Maria if he leaves, all those United players will get plenty of games this season. If Di Maria stays then he will too

Yeah but don't you sorta miss that Anderson/Cleverley midfield partnership?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Outside of Benteke, there's possibilities with Cavani, Kane (bit risky), Lewandowski (though can't see Bayern giving up their strongest and main world class striker, epecially after they said there would be no more transfers to United this window), Lacazette (who is a bit of a risk like Kane) and Higuain (who would be a royal gently caress-up).

But who could Liverpool sign?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Liverpool have signed Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Sturridge, Borini, Aspas, Origi, Lambert, Balotelli, Ings and now Benteke in the past 5 years.

This is actually kind of amazing.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Broletariat posted:

£35m gets Arsenal Alexis Sanchez

£32m gets Chelsea Diego Costa

£32.5m gets Liverpool....

It's their own fault for not even trying to haggle.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

kcer posted:

Someone has been putting a shedload of money on Austin to Newcastle, so betting has been suspended

That Muzzi Ozcan agent fella has said this is happening soon, so let's see.

Actually he hasn't specified the team.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bea Nanner posted:

villa don't negotiate with terrorists

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Bayern boss Rummenigge confirmed the interest in Vidal, but it's not a done deal yet.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Dunban posted:

Bayern boss Rummenigge confirmed the interest in Vidal, but it's not a done deal yet.

hoping this falls thru so the shred of hope Chelsea have in getting Pogba doesn't disappear.

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Bea Nanner posted:

There's a couple of stories knocking about that Liverpool rummaged around the back of the sofa for some spare players on massive wages that they didn't want in part-ex - but Villa kept saying no, £32.5m or gently caress off. Benteke is a proven 1 in 2 striker that has been plying his trade with a poo poo team at the arse end of the table, is Villa's focal point of attack and our best player, so it was always going to be a tough negotiation whatever Liverpool suggested other than £32.5m straight up cash.

Benteke will improve Liverpool, I reckon. He's easily the best striker I've seen play for Villa since, um, well, ever in my time watching them (not much competition, admittedly). He monsters defences, can score every type of goal, holds the ball up and lays off well and can play defence-splitting through balls for other players. He's got it all. I think only Ivanovic and Mertesacker may have his number in the Prem.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
All the papers are saying Everton could be buying Evans. £8m.

I hope this is true.

Dekko
May 23, 2007

Francois_Dillinger posted:

There's a couple of stories knocking about that Liverpool rummaged around the back of the sofa for some spare players on massive wages that they didn't want in part-ex - but Villa kept saying no, £32.5m or gently caress off. Benteke is a proven 1 in 2 striker that has been plying his trade with a poo poo team at the arse end of the table, is Villa's focal point of attack and our best player, so it was always going to be a tough negotiation whatever Liverpool suggested other than £32.5m straight up cash.

Benteke will improve Liverpool, I reckon. He's easily the best striker I've seen play for Villa since, um, well, ever in my time watching them (not much competition, admittedly). He monsters defences, can score every type of goal, holds the ball up and lays off well and can play defence-splitting through balls for other players. He's got it all. I think only Ivanovic and Mertesacker may have his number in the Prem.

This.

Seriously, you lot have no idea just how good he is.

32 million is about right tbh

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
benteke owns, he should be at a better club than liverpool

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I keep going back and forth on Benteke. I think he's as good as the posters suggest, but he might end up getting Balotellied by Rodgers.

Still, I think he's the best striker that will actually sign for us, assuming Man U don't gazump us.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Francois_Dillinger posted:

He's easily the best striker I've seen play for Villa since, um, well, ever in my time watching them (not much competition, admittedly).

He's no Dwight Yorke

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

FullLeatherJacket posted:

He's no Dwight Yorke

Yorke was brilliant but he had the benefit of playing in decent sides. Benteke has shone spearheading some of the worst Villa teams since the late 1960's.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Benteke is a top, top player and

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Chris Gunter merked Benteke the other day, lads. He gets shown up against teams that defend deep.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno why people think Benteke is just a big lad up front that you ping the ball at and he's only good at headers. His build up play is good and he's good with his feet. I hope the scouse don't get him.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Ninpo posted:

I dunno why people think Benteke is just a big lad up front that you ping the ball at and he's only good at headers. His build up play is good and he's good with his feet. I hope the scouse don't get him.

He's a big black beast mate

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Benteke was the striker I wanted so I hope we get him.

It's a lot of money but honestly, he ticks all the boxes. From what I gather he only had one bad injury and that's it. I wouldn't call him injury prone.

Also we tried to sign both Costa and Sanchez but neither wanted to play for us (London, more money, Liverpool are poo poo etc) so what can we do?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Benteke was the striker I wanted so I hope we get him.

It's a lot of money but honestly, he ticks all the boxes. From what I gather he only had one bad injury and that's it. I wouldn't call him injury prone.

Also we tried to sign both Costa and Sanchez but neither wanted to play for us (London, more money, Liverpool are poo poo etc) so what can we do?

We should just accept our fate as midtable shitters, never to win the league or play in the Champions League ever again mate.

pdog
May 7, 2013
Done deal

RIP Younes, you were poo poo after you got injured 3 years ago, except for that one game against the Arsenal

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Homura posted:

He's a big black beast mate
So thats why scousers don't want him.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

pdog posted:

Done deal

RIP Younes, you were poo poo after you got injured 3 years ago, except for that one game against the Arsenal

kabooom

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dunban posted:

Isn't Rummenigge supposed to be in jail or something?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

DOOP posted:

Isn't Rummenigge supposed to be in jail or something?

That was Uli Honess, and he is in jail.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
I'd love for Spurs to swoop in and grab Benteke while doing a 1080 through a ring of fire and flipping off Liverpool.

Also it means they'd be able to offload noted shitclogger Roberto Soldado

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Salah to Liverpool is blowin up on the Twitter

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I love that Mourinho bought him solely to troll the gently caress out of Rodgers even after swooping in for Willian at the last minute too.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Paddyb posted:

Salah to Liverpool is blowin up on the Twitter

how are the betting odds though? that's the real gauge of transfer rumors

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm buzzin that big stuey Downing is back at the boro!!! Keeeeeemonnnnnnn

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ozmunkeh posted:

I love that Mourinho bought him solely to troll the gently caress out of Rodgers even after swooping in for Willian at the last minute too.

Willian was poo poo and I'm glad we didn't buy him.

Salah seems like a cock and I don't want him. I'm not even sure we need a Sterling replacement. We have a ton of attacking midfielders already- Lallana, Markovic, Firmino, Coutinho, Ibe...

I wouldn't mind us getting another central midfielder as Allen and, as much as I love the guy, Lucas aren't really good enough anymore.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Homura posted:

how are the betting odds though? that's the real gauge of transfer rumors

14/88

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I'm buzzin that big stuey Downing is back at the boro!!! Keeeeeemonnnnnnn

Boro seem to be splashing the cash a bit this season and last.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Here's your loving link

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/middlesbrough-fc-boro-west-ham-stewart-downing-2552314.aspx

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GET hosed GIGI STUEY IS BACK

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Salah was about to sign for Liverpool before he came to Chelsea. Like, he'd agreed personal terms and had flown to Liverpool once iirc.

But it turns out he's bang average and holds deep and sincere anti-Semitic views, so let's not buy him yeah

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gorn Myson posted:

So thats why scousers don't want him.

Besides, he's just the same as Balotelli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted: