Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Hayley Atwell's Civil War Dub Smash feud is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ufarn posted:

Hayley Atwell's Civil War Dub Smash feud is the best.

Yeah, it seemed like Clark Gregg won it, but then she just unleashed the nuke.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, it seemed like Clark Gregg won it, but then she just unleashed the nuke.
There's no coming back from that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
What was the final blow? I only saw one or two vids from each side at the beginning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

What was the final blow? I only saw one or two vids from each side at the beginning.

https://twitter.com/HayleyAtwell/status/621426138972295168

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Michael Ironside has been cast as Lewis Snart (Leonard and Lisa's dad) on The Flash.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Michael Ironside has been cast as Lewis Snart (Leonard and Lisa's dad) on The Flash.

Huh, never knew Captain Cold was related to Lois Lane and Darkseid. Weird place to take the character.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Hahahahaha, completely unfair.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ToastyPotato posted:

Hahahahaha, completely unfair.

There is only Stark

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
They followed it up with this
https://twitter.com/HayleyAtwell/status/621464080235241473

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For anyone not following SHIELD or Carter people, here's a breakdown of all the dubs.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/07/chris-evans-hayley-atwell-shield-lip-sync/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Which is a pretty sick burn when you remember who Clark Gregg's wife is.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Oh I had NO idea. That makes it even better.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
What's the relevance of his wife to all that?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

Jennifer Grey? Dirty Dancing????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Drifter posted:

drat dude

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This was my way of asking who his wife was.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

She carried a watermelon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

Lennie Briscoe puts her in the corner.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I don't understand that watermelon reference, and the only Brisco I care about is Brisco County, jr. :colbert:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
R.I.P. Lord Bowler.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Drifter posted:

I don't understand that watermelon reference, and the only Brisco I care about is Brisco County, jr. :colbert:
Edit, misread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6NUK3TZqY
Jesus, just watch Dirty Dancing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Coulson's wife is Jennifer Grey?

Lucky bastard. I totally had a crush on her for the longest time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Coulson's wife is Jennifer Grey?

Lucky bastard. I totally had a crush on her for the longest time.

Yeah but she fixed her nose and isn't really recognizable to someone who knew her from before.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Jennifer Beals is better than Jennifer Grey.

Flashdance > Dirty Dancing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FAIR PLAY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like we're getting the JSA seeing as they also cast Atom Smasher recently.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've officially gone crazy as Arrow has cast Alexander Calvert as loving Anarky.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I wonder if they use his Arkham design as a base since that it less silly then his comic book design.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ToastyPotato posted:

I wonder if they use his Arkham design as a base since that it less silly then his comic book design.

None of their big characters aside from Deathstroke have really been 'comic-ized' though, right? I mean, it's just dudes in jackets or whatever. I doubt they're using the comic or the game as a base.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Drifter posted:

None of their big characters aside from Deathstroke have really been 'comic-ized' though, right? I mean, it's just dudes in jackets or whatever. I doubt they're using the comic or the game as a base.

Katana was pretty much the comic version

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, they're introducing a ton of heroes and already have precedent for costumes.

Also one of the EPs is saying that Constantine crossover is a go as long as they can actually work with Matt Ryan's schedule.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Neal would have been a great Sportsmaster, btw.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm still waiting for The Question on Arrow, and Booster Gold (and hopefully Blue Beetle) on Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Well, they're introducing a ton of heroes and already have precedent for costumes.

Also one of the EPs is saying that Constantine crossover is a go as long as they can actually work with Matt Ryan's schedule.

I hope the sneak in the Dr. Fate subplot they wanted to do in the back half of season one, but I know that probably won't happen. Or resolving the Jim Corrigan subplot on Arrow.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm still waiting for The Question on Arrow, and Booster Gold (and hopefully Blue Beetle) on Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

I can see the Question on Arrow definitely, would be cool. I feel like Beetle kind of got hamstrung by Palmer , unless they skip Ted and go to straight to Jaime.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

I can see the Question on Arrow definitely, would be cool. I feel like Beetle kind of got hamstrung by Palmer , unless they skip Ted and go to straight to Jaime.

I've been impressed by what they've been able to do with budget-Iron-Man Atom, but I really don't think they've got the cash to do Jaime unless CW just goes "gently caress it here's ALL THE MONEY"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Palmer's chraracter was originally going to be Ted Kord. DC blocked the BB's use in Arrow

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They might have blocked it because of the supposed Teen Titans show, or was that show ever actually confirmed?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

They might have blocked it because of the supposed Teen Titans show, or was that show ever actually confirmed?

If they blocked it, it is because Kord or Beetle in general were set to appear in something else (like how they killed off Deadshot, and blocked Harley after the cameo). Which, again, is a stupid policy that they can't even adhere to since, you know, The Flash and Amanda Waller exist as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

If they blocked it, it is because Kord or Beetle in general were set to appear in something else (like how they killed off Deadshot, and blocked Harley after the cameo). Which, again, is a stupid policy that they can't even adhere to since, you know, The Flash and Amanda Waller exist as well.

The S3 squad episode ended up being their way of writing the squad off the show, what with Lyla resigning and stuff.