Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

bango skank posted:

Has Amell made an appearance on WWE yet?

Yup.

I only know this because of Amell's facebookin'. I haven't watched wrestling since I was in the single digits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There were rumors of a fight being setup too, but Cody Rhodes' father died recently and he's been off the shows for a while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Arrow would also be deep in production by the time the show being discussed happens. (Late August in NYC) So it's likely going nowhere for a variety of reasons.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sooo, Arrow is saving Star city, not Starling City next season?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Burning_Monk posted:

Just from that crossover Flash episode I'm guessing they are going to introduce Oliver's kid. Cue Felicity "I'm not ready to be a step mom!"

I thought that would have been awesome had she referred to him as Conor on screen.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I'm just going to blame Flash's black hole thingy for that.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

V-Men posted:

I thought that would have been awesome had she referred to him as Conor on screen.

I'm just going to blame Flash's black hole thingy for that.

They really should just drop Flash and Arrow and put everything into Legends of Tomorrow. Drop most of the romances (or at least get romance writers to write them; or a couple more female writers) and just switch between Arrow and Flash as the lead depending on who they actually have content for. Basically they should do live action JLU.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Dexo posted:

Kid would be what 9 maybe 10?

You probably at least want to wait until like 12-13 to have a kid introduced that's probably eventually gonna be fighting as a vigilante

Since they said the next season will be more light hearted, I'm looking forward to them fridging the kid. For Drama!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Didn't one of the producers say they aren't including the kid ever? (Beyond that one reference obviously)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gaz-L posted:

Arrow would also be deep in production by the time the show being discussed happens. (Late August in NYC) So it's likely going nowhere for a variety of reasons.

Eh, He would just have to miss a Monday or Two, and a Sunday evening. But yeah it's unlikely to happen because of Dusty's death.

howe_sam posted:

Didn't one of the producers say they aren't including the kid ever? (Beyond that one reference obviously)

quote:

Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim explains to TVLine, “Half of our job is coming up with ideas, and the other half is exercising judgement in terms of the right time to play those ideas.”
So in addition to ensuring there is room both on the canvas and within the narrative to circle back to Oliver’s kid, “We also need to have that moment happen in the right context. So is it Year 3, is it Year 10…? I don’t know,” Guggenheim says. “We’ve put it out there and we’ve got some cool ideas about where to go with it, should we do it, but we haven’t committed to actually doing it or even when to do it.”

quote:

"Since Arrow‘s Oliver Queen saw his ex on The Flash, will there be a storyline with that, or was that a one-time encounter? –Elizabeth
Scripting that fleeting encounter with Oliver’s baby mama when they did “was a bit of a no-brainer,” Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim explained to me. With Oliver visiting Central City — the same place his secretly pregnant girlfriend scurried off to after taking a payoff from Moira — 'How could we not take that opportunity?' he notes. 'That was really the reason to do it.' But as of now, I’m hearing of no imminent plans to revisit the paternity shocker."

It sounds like that's something they are gonna put off until yeah the Kid would be a teenager or something before even attempting to do that story. Maybe a Season 6 thing if CW lasts that long.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 13, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

First ep is apparently titled Green Arrow

jscolon2.0 posted:

Also, Smoak Mom.

Not sure if she'd be violently protective and try to break his nose with her heels, or really supportive and "Sweetie, it's perfectly OK, a lot of men fantasise about it, it actually means he loves you more. Hey, you can be there too if you want, I bet Ollie'd love it!"

Dexo posted:

Eh, He would just have to miss a Monday or Two, and a Sunday evening. But yeah it's unlikely to happen because of Dusty's death.

Not the time issue. The risk of him getting hurt. He's very proud that they've never had to halt production because he was sick or injured.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I hope the plotline is that the mysterious new Green Arrow appears and Oliver denies that it's him. "I was totally the Arrow, but this new Green Arrow guy? Could be anybody! I've given all that up after all that happened"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

McSpankWich posted:

I hope the plotline is that the mysterious new Green Arrow appears and Oliver denies that it's him. "I was totally the Arrow, but this new Green Arrow guy? Could be anybody! I've given all that up after all that happened"
Especially because his suit was... green before the namechange, anyway.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Actually It's just now all of his Arrows are biodegradable.

His environmental impact is pretty much nill nowadays.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Dexo posted:

Actually It's just now all of his Arrows are biodegradable.

His environmental impact is pretty much nill nowadays.

So he is going to be turning into a Lefty!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

McSpankWich posted:

Lance: "This guy hasn't dropped any bodies. Checks out."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Stephen Amell's enthusiasm is infectious.

Imagine how terrible things would have gone if they'd just rolled the douche from Smallville over into Arrow.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Imagine how terrible things would have gone if they'd just rolled the douche from Smallville over into Arrow.

Was he a douche? I thought everyone loved him and wanted him to continue on as Ollie before Amell started.

Unless you mean Tom Welling, in which case, yeah, I've heard he was a miserable wet blanket.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

We all have our arbitrary "if they do X, I'm out" pledges.

Seeing as how I watched all 10 seasons of Smallville, I'm pretty sure my policy is "If they cancel it, I'm out"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Was he a douche? I thought everyone loved him and wanted him to continue on as Ollie before Amell started.

Unless you mean Tom Welling, in which case, yeah, I've heard he was a miserable wet blanket.

He may very well be a good person but his Oliver Queen was terrible. And don't get me started on that loving costume.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Gaz-L posted:

Not the time issue. The risk of him getting hurt. He's very proud that they've never had to halt production because he was sick or injured.

Stephen intimated at his Nerd HQ panel that he was going to be fighting at some point in the future (or not??) but was very tight lipped about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Vz6KWQ3IM at 12:01.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Arrow's EP optimistic on Matt Ryan's Constantine showing on season 4

quote:

"Yeah, we really want to do it," Mericle said. "It's something we've been talking to DC about and it's just a question of some political things, but also the actor's schedule. We're trying to work it out, but we don't know 100 percent if it's going to happen."

That would be COOL AS HELL :allears:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Good give that man some work, he made that show fun.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
This better lead to some kind of exorcism arrow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

He becomes friends with Felicity

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

Pictured Oliver's next costume

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

I would be 100% ok with the next season of Arrow having like a 3-4 episode arc where a bunch of random hell demon poo poo shows up and Constantine rolls into town to help get rid of them and crashes on Ollie's couch for a week.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

VDay posted:

I would be 100% ok with the next season of Arrow having like a 3-4 episode arc where a bunch of random hell demon poo poo shows up and Constantine rolls into town to help get rid of them and crashes on Ollie's couch for a week.

There is space now Malcom has moved out

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, but if Constantine befriends anyone on Team Arrow it means they've gotta die horribly. :ohdear:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but if Constantine befriends anyone on Team Arrow it means they've gotta die horribly. :ohdear:

I volunteer Felicity.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Bad Moon posted:

I'd watch Amell as Kagome :swoon:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phylodox posted:

Maybe he is weirdly attracted to Thea since she was so close to death. But Roy comes back so more love triangle goodness :)

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Please oh please oh please oh please. If we can bring him over to Flash too, my day would be MADE!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Maybe he is weirdly attracted to Thea since she was so close to death. But Roy comes back so more love triangle goodness :)

stop saying this STOP SAYING IT THEY MIGHT BE LISTENING

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!

Then I guess undead island-oliver-clone shows up and annoys everyone for 100 episodes?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chokes McGee posted:

stop saying this STOP SAYING IT THEY MIGHT BE LISTENING

Well in that case the Love triangle is Constantine attracted to both Roy AND Thea.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
More importantly, will Chas be there, too?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

More importantly, will Chas be there, too?

Black driver and white driver team up!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Speaking of which - did they just totally write Roy off the show or he left or what?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

Raul Julia is dead.

Ok, a bit late, but you do know McDonough played Bison in that awful movie with Michael Clarke Duncan and Kristin Kreuk, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Speaking of which - did they just totally write Roy off the show or he left or what?

His contract was for 2 seasons and they didn't renew. So he came forward as the "Arrow," got shanked in jail and "died," and left Starling.

So yeah.

• Locked thread