Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aw Fezzy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

And of course Vos goes first. Couldn't close could ya :allears:

He's doing something called "hosting". The person doing that usually goes first.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Meth Rollins posted:

Someone put together the entire 2 hours of the Patrice O'Neal roast in 2003. I've only heard bits and pieces of it. Bill Bailey steals it for me around 1:37:00 especially when he gets to Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFrSF9FwS8

Ben Bailey is incredible.

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005
He is and I can't believe my dumb rear end wrote Bill.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I need Helical Nightmares to come back and confirm that he understands what the host of a roast does. I'm worried about him.

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005
The best thing about Keith bombing is Patrice just pitying him right after instead of smashing his set. Made it that much more embarrassing.

Meth Rollins fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 29, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Ben Bailey is incredible.

This is the first time I've hear Ben Bailey. That was phenomenal. Does he have sets that are just as good?

Vanessa hollingshead was impressively vicious as well.

Pulpdisk
Feb 26, 2005
Is Bennington on a Fourth of July break? My Audible hasn't had a new episode since last Thursday.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
They are making shows, you are probably better off checking bitemytorrent because people who pirate stuff are apparently way more motivated than someone who gets paid to perform a similar service.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Plus I mean I dunno what your philosophy is but I would say if you are already paying audible I would feel 0 guilt about also torrenting the stuff instead if they do a better job

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
Just remember, they went out with a bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaw416J2eNI

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

A hilarious clip from The Gavin McInnes show on Anthony's network. Gavin apparently has developed an obsession with getting Rat, Ant's tech guy, laid. Never listened to the show but this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkK7IfrgT8

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 7, 2015

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Paul Kersey posted:

A hilarious clip from The Gavin McInnes show on Anthony's network. Gavin apparently has developed an obsession with getting Rat, Ant's tech guy, laid. Never listened to the show but this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkK7IfrgT8

Never heard this dude before, instant fan.

and just looked at his other stuff and he's a crazy right wing lunatic, of course.

onemillionzombies fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 7, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gavin does the show that Anthony tries to do but fails miserably at. I'm not crazy about Gavin but I get it.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I saw that Ricky Gervais was on O&J today. Did Opie call him Ricky Ger-vay again like he used to, or did he finally get it right?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JFC posted:

I saw that Ricky Gervais was on O&J today. Did Opie call him Ricky Ger-vay again like he used to, or did he finally get it right?
You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken.

Jimmy was in the mood to be extra annoying, apparently, so it's amazing I even noticed Opie at all, but he seemed extra whiny as well. I think he pronounced the S but I honestly don't want to go back and check.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

CrashCat posted:

You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken. You're full o' poo poo, Ken.

Jimmy was in the mood to be extra annoying, apparently, so it's amazing I even noticed Opie at all, but he seemed extra whiny as well. I think he pronounced the S but I honestly don't want to go back and check.

I'm not a big opie hater, but that was terrible and I wanted to ask on Twitter why opie wasted a rare Ricky Gervais and Bob Kelly appearance on a dumb caller argument, but then I realized that I was blocked for this tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/8cz/status/608371687365689344

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
Is it just me or do the *Stangel Brothers* seem like two guys sharing a computer and writing notes for a full motherfucking blown O&J&A movie?
Either way, I enjoy their shared laughter at the more wicked quips. #wickedquip #producing

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
My google foo is failing me. I'm on a Tarantino movie kick and I remember Ron and fez spending about 20 minutes once taking about all the amazing music in Tarantinos films. But I can't find the clip anywhere. It was probably 5 years ago.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Kung Foo

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The Big Jay roast just started and it's already loving great

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

How Much Art posted:

The Big Jay roast just started and it's already loving great

Anthony bombed and it was "bah-ruuutal".

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jyrka posted:

Anthony bombed and it was "bah-ruuutal".

Oh my god, it was so awesome. Everyone did great except him, so wonderful. Right after, Luis just goes "That was uncomfortable".

On his podcast before the show, he said he hadn't really prepared and he didn't ask for help from other comics. Smart.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
poo poo, didn't know that was tonight. I usually listen to LoS days or weeks after it airs live, will it be possible to listen/watch the roast tomorrow?

Also more relevant to the thread, was there Cumia/DeRosa drama?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jerkstoresup posted:

poo poo, didn't know that was tonight. I usually listen to LoS days or weeks after it airs live, will it be possible to listen/watch the roast tomorrow?

Also more relevant to the thread, was there Cumia/DeRosa drama?

Nah, not really. He did so bad that any Derosa jokes were lame. Other peoples Derosa jokes were way better.

I can't say enough how good this roast was.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlHvREMSelM

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The first minute and a half was ok. After that, bomb central.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I love Luis for being quick and brutal in pointing out how bad that was.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJokRFEAupg

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that's equivalent to about 3 and a half years of Opie bombing. Jesus.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Anyone else find it kind of funny that of all the comedian friends of the show that are in Trainwreck Jimmy is the one that gets cut out? Sam was talking about seeing Amy open for Jim a few years ago. He can't be feeling great about himself right now...

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Holy poo poo. He has nothing left. Scorch would have gotten more of a reaction.

Opie and Jim are quiet, calm radio for older people and Ant drank way his talent. A fitting end for probably awful people.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 16, 2015

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Chromatic posted:

Opie and Jim are quiet, calm radio for older people and Ant drank way his talent. A fitting end for probably awful people.

Ant admitted on his podcast before the roast that he hadn't really prepared at all. Horrible set.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Paul Kersey posted:

Ant admitted on his podcast before the roast that he hadn't really prepared at all. Horrible set.

Doesn't matter, Ant would still rather drink and bitch on twitter about race problems than working on his platform.

Dude was in Hawaii all last week and was posting about race constantly. If being in paradise doesn't pull him out of his cynical, unfully shell then nothing will.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ant should've cut the Derosa stuff out since he wasn't even there. Yeah I get that he backed out, but it just made Ant look worse.

I'm sure Keith the Cop and the other compound rats HOWWWWWWLED at Ant's set though

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The first loving thing he mentions is how many white people were there.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

shyduck posted:

Ant should've cut the Derosa stuff out since he wasn't even there. Yeah I get that he backed out, but it just made Ant look worse.

I'm sure Keith the Cop and the other compound rats HOWWWWWWLED at Ant's set though

The whole thing was completely hosed up: racial jokes, attempting to bring the Greggshells thing there, and then finally bashing people that are more successful than him. Plus he sounded drunk, which really added to the whole sad atmosphere of those nine minutes.

Ant should really stay away from anything public in July, it does not end well for him.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

To be fair, his roast on Derosa saying the only way he can keep upright is if Bill Burr has an erection was really good. The rest was lazy racetalk.

Better quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myqjYyOAMhE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chromatic posted:

drat that's depressing :smith:

• Locked thread