Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Freaked? He was in Freaked, wasn't he?

No that was Bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Didn't they mention wanting do a Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey episode in some mailbag or another?

STATION!!!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

bobkatt013 posted:

No that was Bill

Keanu had an uncredited role as the Dog Boy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Senator Giroux posted:

Keanu had an uncredited role as the Dog Boy

but enough about his personal life

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
There's already a great Dollop episode on Pulgasari and the whole kidnapping story.

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh good Keanu Reeves. There are so many choices. It could be Bill and Ted, Matrix sequel, Constantine
Dracula, Devil's Advocate

Does it still have to be a blockbuster? Because I'd love to see them do something a bit less obvious, like Even Cowgirls Get The Blues. Don't adapt Tom Robbins novels, folks.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 7, 2015

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Looking at Letterboxd, it's definitely Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.
More's the pity, would have loved them to break their 10 year rule and talk about The Lake House, or Street Kings, or to obey their 10 year rule and talk about Even Cowgirls Get The Blues (what the hell was with that movie?) or The Watcher. God Keanu's been in some amazing crap - and usually when he's in a crap movie, it's incredibly weirdly, entertainingly crap in a way that really changes the colour of your day.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Infamous Sphere posted:

Looking at Letterboxd, it's definitely Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Don't they usually do bad movies?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I'm with you brother, I like it too, but they've been hinting at that one for a loong time.

Also I don't think Dracula is an episode, its got a lot going for it. The only really bad part is Keanu himself.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Gargamel Gibson posted:

No, they did a Hard Target episode and that's a classic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Someone doesn't listen to the secret, concurrent, podcast We Love Movies. Pray For Death's stealth Batman Movie was one of their classic episodes.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
They loved Blind Fury, a mere year and change after I called in.

Also their whole Dragonheart "who is this movie for" argument is pretty overblown, considering they lived in the 80's/90's. It's for the people that liked fantasy crap but had to wait another half-decade for LOTR. Fantasy movies from that era are pretty much universally poo poo in hindsight because the budget always gets to be too much. Dragonheart they clearly spent every dime getting a pretty good CGI face, and didn't have any left over to hire extras.

laz0rbeak fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 8, 2015

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
I liked dragon heart when I was a kid because dragons are cool. And everyone should listen to the director's commentary because he starts choking up at the end it's very touching

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I unironically still love Dragonheart and I always will

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember going to see Dragonheart wearing my new beavis and butthead underwear. This is as much as I remember about this movie.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I remember as a kid being sad that the dragon dies at the end, but I didn't remember that whole "faking being slain to make money" thing at all.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Guys, June is the absolute best.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
"Why are my taxes going to pay for police to fix malfunctioning robots?" is a great June question to start an episode on.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 11, 2015

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

ArtVandelay posted:

Guys, June is the absolute best.

"They're here."
"Who? Who, the robots?"

"They know?"
"Who knows?"

June... :allears:

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I thought The Matrix Revolutions was one of the funniest episodes WHM has ever done. The riff on the world of Agent Smiths had me laughing harder than I almost ever do at a podcast these days.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Beeez posted:

I thought The Matrix Revolutions was one of the funniest episodes WHM has ever done. The riff on the world of Agent Smiths had me laughing harder than I almost ever do at a podcast these days.

"The Apprentice is on tonight. I'm really pulling for Agent Smith. I'm hoping gets kicked off Agent Smith off. What a bitch."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Beeez posted:

Between that and the Ducktales nephews being prick socialites, I've been getting some heavy laughs from WHM lately.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Agent Smith: "I've won. This is it. I've seen this before. Why do you keep fighting? Is it for love? Is it for perseverance? Is it for this, is it for that?"

Neo: "I wanna rock!"

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Another funny thing is, Andrew's suggestion that the Smiths should have combined into a Smithzilla actually happens in one of the video games.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

Agent Smith: "I've won. This is it. I've seen this before. Why do you keep fighting? Is it for love? Is it for perseverance? Is it for this, is it for that?"

Neo: "I wanna rock!"

If the Matrix Trilogy ended with Bill & Ted vs. Smithzilla in a super-powered rock battle it would have been the greatest thing cinema ever produced.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
https://youtu.be/mAK5AP-zbW8?t=1431

The final cutscene in Path of Neo is set to "We Are The Champions".

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else not see the Matrix sequels? I feel like I was the only person in my age/interest group who stayed away. For whatever reason I was cynical towards everything that tried to follow the first movie. It really works so much better as its own thing.

I remember being told that one of the Wachowskis actually appears in a Matrix video game and says something to the effect of "We wanted to give you a philosophical story that would blow your minds, but you just want to kill stuff, so here's a big dumb fight against a giant Agent Smith."

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I just posted that directly above you, at the time stamp where they come out and talk about that, if you want to see what they actually say.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember seeing Reloaded in on opening day, getting to the orgy scene, and then my love of the franchise begin to die. I was so hyped for the movie, game, Animatrix...then it was all garbage ..

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm a big nerd who fell for it hook line and sinker. The month reloaded came out was basically Matrix: The Month for my roommate and I as we consumed all the matrix possible. We played so much of that terrible Enter The Matrix game that month.

Despite its many flaws Reloaded is still one of my favorite movies to skim through. I could watch that freeway scene for days. Revolutions? Not so much.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 16, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

I remember seeing Reloaded in on opening day, getting to the orgy scene, and then my love of the franchise begin to die. I was so hyped for the movie, game, Animatrix...then it was all garbage ..

Yeah, I was a child when the Matrix was a big deal so I wasn't as critical as an adult might have been, but that orgy scene really brought Reloaded down so much. But it informed us that Neo and Trinity love each other and Zion's citizens are weird and crazy outsiders who just feel the music, maaaan, so I guess it was necessary.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am honestly not actually sure if I watched Revolutions or if I was forced to learn everything about it through Osmosis. I definitely saw the first two and Animatrix multiple times though.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXBmuVziDE

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Fuuuuuucccckkk

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

:vince:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Is the Animatrix actually really bad? I remember liking it when I was 16 and had a few tall glasses of water. Only ever watched it the one time. I remember there was a black and white film that was good and was a prequel to the first movie.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

The Duke posted:

Is the Animatrix actually really bad? I remember liking it when I was 16 and had a few tall glasses of water. Only ever watched it the one time. I remember there was a black and white film that was good and was a prequel to the first movie.

It's a bit hit-or-miss, but a lot of the Animatrix is actually pretty good, especially as a really short anthology that ironically has a bigger scope and greater sense of experimentation than the Matrix sequels. I love the darkness of the Second Renaissance shorts, the Matrix-noir-detective short you mentioned, the short where the kids putz around with the glitchy house. I don't even mind the World Record one, where a dude literally runs fast enough to jack out of the Matrix.

(The Peter Chung one is overlong and can suck a dick, though.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hewlett posted:

(The Peter Chung one is overlong and can suck a dick, though.)

That sentence can be applied to pretty much anything he made, to be honest.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Evil Mastermind posted:

That sentence can be applied to pretty much anything he made, to be honest.

Even the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh man that is prime animation damnation material.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Remember when everyone thought Aeon Flux was awesome and deep? It was a more innocent age. :allears:

bobkatt013 posted:

Even the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh man that is prime animation damnation material.
Wait, what?

(checks Wikipedia)

...Holy poo poo. I had no idea. That's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

bobkatt013 posted:

They did do an Animation Damnation of a TMNT episode

https://whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/track/animation-damnation-6-leatherhead-terror-of-the-swamp