Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Astro7x posted:

Did they take out the Create-An-Arena mode from previous games? Most of those are just a new ring apron on an existing set.

There is one mod, I'm not sure which one, where the arenas are recreated in size and scope as well. ROH is in a gym, ECW is in the Hammerstein Ballroom, LU is on a soundstage, etc. Roomie is running them on his PC. They look pretty dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Astro7x posted:

Did they take out the Create-An-Arena mode from previous games? Most of those are just a new ring apron on an existing set.

Yeah they say it's a Beta and they're working on it still.

The ECW arena is hilarious, it's this tiny arena but it glitches with some entrances so guys float to the ring like 10 feet above the ground.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
If these games are never gonna be good again I think 2K should just have Yukes leave in bugs and add them. Exploiting WWE 12's bugs was the last time I had fun with a new wrestling game.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah they say it's a Beta and they're working on it still.

The ECW arena is hilarious, it's this tiny arena but it glitches with some entrances so guys float to the ring like 10 feet above the ground.

Last update I heard not only are they going to fix that, they're going to make the beginning part of the entrance ramp look like a backstage area so you stop getting that thing where certain entrances show this arena behind you as your character moves toward the actual curtain.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
2K15 is a lightning deal right now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBZHTBC?ref_=gb1h_img_m-6_6222_cb4f2a66&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

$25 for PS4/XBO, $20 for PS3/360.

PC is normally $25 and comes with all DLC.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
So close to being paid to own it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Seems like Supercard has upped the reward for winning Ring Domination matches from 2 picks to 3. At this point though it's already screwed over anyone wanting for a Zayn pair, and you'll likely still need to double the whole way to get the top reward.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dumb question regarding Supercard: I deleted it ages ago, and I don't intend to download it again. What I'm wondering is what have they done with cards for guys like ADR or Rey? Are they still available, or did they just retire the characters?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dumb question regarding Supercard: I deleted it ages ago, and I don't intend to download it again. What I'm wondering is what have they done with cards for guys like ADR or Rey? Are they still available, or did they just retire the characters?

They haven't retired any cards but Rey/Alberto haven't shown up again on new released cards

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
so is it just me or is the new bray wyatt in Immortals incredibly broken?

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

They haven't retired any cards but Rey/Alberto haven't shown up again on new released cards

AJ Lee was one of the Wrestlemania-level fusions, though. Thought that was kinda weird.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

AJ Lee was one of the Wrestlemania-level fusions, though. Thought that was kinda weird.

I guess with the retirement thing they're sure she won't be off working for another company any time soon and so don't worry as much about it. They're not afraid to bring her up on tv either

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's some talk (though may be mostly fans thinking this) that they're having Nikki keep the Divas belt so long specifically to break her record, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be any ill will as with Punk. She left when her contract expired and is not competing with or badmouthing them, so they'll happily keep making money off her image.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They have said nothing but good things about AJ since she retired, and have mentioned her on the air many times since. It was an amicable split.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

So the venerable Fire Pro club website closed down about a week or two ago, and as of right now, Fire Pro Arena is down too. The former is a permanent closing from what I read at Arena, and Arena being down is new to me. Hopefully its temporary, because I cant think of many other places to get big edit packs.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

remusclaw posted:

So the venerable Fire Pro club website closed down about a week or two ago, and as of right now, Fire Pro Arena is down too. The former is a permanent closing from what I read at Arena, and Arena being down is new to me. Hopefully its temporary, because I cant think of many other places to get big edit packs.

Arena goes down occasionally, absolute worst case scenario is probably out until the end of the month

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
2K15 is on Steam right now for $16.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

CVagts posted:

2K15 is on Steam right now for $16.

Worth getting for $16? (I haven't bought a wrestling game since the Sega Genesis)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

AlmightyPants posted:

Worth getting for $16? (I haven't bought a wrestling game since the Sega Genesis)

Yeah it's fine, if your machine can run it. My computer has no problem running anything except for this one loving game.

There's lots of stuff that annoys us longtime followers of the series, but I still have fun with it so I'm sure you'd get $16 worth of enjoyment from it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I just bought WWE 2k15. I won the NXT Title in like a month in mycareer and was told I had to defend it every week for 4 weeks. I got myself dq'd every match and immediately got moved up to the main roster. good game

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
This was posted on the F4W forums:

"A MAJOR non wrestler will be in the new 2k16 game. It may surprise a few people. Commercial was shot 2 weeks ago with this person. Yes the game has something like 100+ characters this year, no its not an inflated number by adding the multiple versions of HHH, Taker, Rock and so on, though there are a few current roster stars that didn't make the cut which they are not too happy about either."

So it's either Arnold or Floyd.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can't wait to give Arnold Alicia Fox's entrance and moveset. Or Floyd for that matter.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also for what it's worth they mentioned offhand on Total Divas that Jim Neidhart is in 2k16.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jubs posted:

"A MAJOR non wrestler will be in the new 2k16 game. It may surprise a few people. Commercial was shot 2 weeks ago with this person. Yes the game has something like 100+ characters this year, no its not an inflated number by adding the multiple versions of HHH, Taker, Rock and so on, though there are a few current roster stars that didn't make the cut which they are not too happy about either."

It's Ronda

Gonna armbar everyone :getin:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

triplexpac posted:

It's Ronda

That would be awesome. I would make her the REAL third Bella.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

triplexpac posted:

It's Ronda

Dave said it's not Ronda.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jubs posted:

Dave said it's not Ronda.

Typical Shave Seltzer, it's totally Ronda. UFC contracts be damned.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It's CM Punk.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Floyd would be a sensible choice, and he was in a good match and a fun angle so there's obvious ways to use him. I'm kinda tempted by 2k15 at ~£12, with all those DLC showcases there's probably a decent chunk of content even if I don't really plan to play online or mod it hugely

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

triplexpac posted:

Typical Shave Seltzer, it's totally Ronda. UFC contracts be damned.

In a shocking twist, instead of getting its own sequel the entire roster of EA Sports UFC has been added to WWE 2K16 and that's why there's over 100 people in it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Floyd would be a sensible choice, and he was in a good match and a fun angle so there's obvious ways to use him. I'm kinda tempted by 2k15 at ~£12, with all those DLC showcases there's probably a decent chunk of content even if I don't really plan to play online or mod it hugely

I haven't touched any of the showcases, are any of them good? For the most part it sounds terrible, my brother is playing through the Cena/Punk one and it's just match after match with a bullshit DQ finish.

Why would anyone want to play through modern WWE booking?

I feel like they perfected the mode with the Attitude Era one. You had a good mix of historic matches and random Raw matchups, they mixed up who you played as, it was fun almost from start to finish.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm guessing Tyson since the game centers around Stone Cold.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I wouldn't call that a MAJOR announcement because he was in WWE' 13

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

I guess it could be him, but Tyson's been in WWE games before, so would it be much of a surprise?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also for what it's worth they mentioned offhand on Total Divas that Jim Neidhart is in 2k16.

His taunt better be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hUSt2Dqmgc

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Jubs posted:

Unless they're introducing intergender matches then I doubt it'll be Floyd.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jubs posted:

John Stewart is my guess

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Mr. T is my guess.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

KungFu Grip posted:

I wouldn't call that a MAJOR announcement because he was in WWE' 13

Ha, I had no idea he was in WWE 13. Last Smackdown game I played was 08

Let me revise that to Bob Barker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wonder if "non wrestler" in this case means "someone in wrestling but not an actual in-ring competitor"

Basically I'm wondering if we're finally getting playable Mean Gene